Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should make him eat the remainder of the unrefridgerated wombat after the trial and then I would be ok with it.

10 October

Prime Minister Scott Morrison will recruit star power to encourage young Australians to take up trades. Reality television personality Scott Cam was named the nation's first Careers Ambassador and will be tasked with highlighting how practical and technical training can lead to high-paying and fulfilling jobs.

Will Scott be pointing how getting a trade and then speaking a bit of positive s**t will land you a gig getting paid $345k + GST (I'm sure his pty ltd company is invoicing the government) for 15 months work??

Paul Hogan and John Cornell sold Australia to the world for free, Scott Cam speaking a bit of s**t raking it in. Sure he should get a fee, but hard to justify that much.

What the * is this s**t, I don't know how the world works in the big smoke but there's absolutely no shortage of trades and apprentices around here, demand smashes supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the fu** is this s**t, I don't know how the world works in the big smoke but there's absolutely no shortage of trades and apprentices around here, demand smashes supply.

It's easy to say you've reduced unemployment if you have lots of people self-employed competing for the same job.

It's easy to say you've reduced unemployment if you have lots of people self-employed competing for the same job.

Is there a national shortage of trades? Are apprenticeships not being filled? Does anyone have any around this?

Is there a national shortage of trades? Are apprenticeships not being filled? Does anyone have any around this?

Not from where I'm standing there isn't.

The one thing I will say is that when AI ramps up, having a trade will probably be the only thing that will keep you gainfully employed, since the amount of s**t you have to deal with and do is far beyond the scope of any robot. I can't imagine an AI being programmed to be an electrician, carpenter, brick layer etc. because the capital expense of being programmed to do the work would outweigh the benefit.

The one thing I will say is that when AI ramps up, having a trade will probably be the only thing that will keep you gainfully employed, since the amount of s**t you have to deal with and do is far beyond the scope of any robot. I can't imagine an AI being programmed to be an electrician, carpenter, brick layer etc. because the capital expense of being programmed to do the work would outweigh the benefit.

You reckon? I can see a robot working 24/7 being worth the investment for some over a union of trades with ever increasing rates and conditions.

Can't be any worse than the plaza on a Thursday night already feels like I'm in a real life The Warriors.

I avoid shops when I think people will be there

You reckon? I can see a robot working 24/7 being worth the investment for some over a union of trades with ever increasing rates and conditions.

Have you ever had to fill out a Safe Work Method Statement before? A robot would need to be reprogrammed for every single job it ever did...and that assumes that the job goes exactly right.

You're better off using the money you've saved from cutting out all the admin jobs that are based on pure logic and an AI can do a thousand times better and just paying someone the money to do it.

Carpentry is definitely on the chopping block. A mate of mine owns a building company that makes pre-fab eco homes and he’s already using a machine that cuts every single piece of timber required for the build. All he needs to do is plug in the plans. It’s more accurate, faster and uses less materials than a human because it can calculate the most efficient way to do the job. It’s only taken about 3 or 4 years for the capital expense to be covered by the labour savings.

Carpentry is definitely on the chopping block. A mate of mine owns a building company that makes pre-fab eco homes and he’s already using a machine that cuts every single piece of timber required for the build. All he needs to do is plug in the plans. It’s more accurate, faster and uses less materials than a human because it can calculate the most efficient way to do the job. It’s only taken about 3 or 4 years for the capital expense to be covered by the labour savings.

I was wondering if the sandpit I recently put together was made by one of these robots because I know I could have done a better job cutting them myself and I'm no chippy, or I could have taken it down to a wood shop and gotten them cut but maybe they use a robot too, maybe it's a better robot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course cookie cutter kit homes will be able to be manufactured by a machine. I'm talking about jobs that require critical thinking, problem solving and adaptability.

Of course cookie cutter kit homes will be able to be manufactured by a machine. I'm talking about jobs that require critical thinking, problem solving and adaptability.

They’re not cookie cutter homes, the opposite in fact. Each one is custom-made to the client specs and the machine works out the most efficient way possible to make them. Carpentry is cooked and this isn’t even AI.

78651523_1480798848751588_2631386605239140352_n.jpg

Yes I believe laughing, giving the thumbs up, and sharing a video to social media is very consistent with traditional aboriginal practice.

Are the unhappy reacts to this because people don't like what I said or don't like that it happened?

I can't tell.

It’s Summer. The 6th of December in fact. I am in Melbourne. It’s cold. I’m in a pub that has a fire going it’s that ******* cold.

View attachment 790031

Next person that says global warming to me gets slapped.

Solid location for wine storage. 🤔

Most likely cooked Australian reds anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back