Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

FB_IMG_1579661347318.jpg

PepeSilvia who is your team again?
Miami. We've been mediocre since LeBron left, but this season's been fun with a new star player in Butler + Adebayo starting to break out.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Yeah saw this yesterday. Guess what, Boys, even 12 year old boys like **** and will look at them if flashed in their face. It is an amusing ad, nothing more, nothing less.

What about the rights of the woman to show off her boobs if she wants to? What right does anyone have to tell her to cover up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah saw this yesterday. Guess what, Boys, even 12 year old boys like **** and will look at them if flashed in their face. It is an amusing ad, nothing more, nothing less.
Meh. It’s no different to multitude of ad’s of people perving on people since the invention of TV. If she was shown as coerced or the boys seeking to perve on her that’d be a different matter, but she wasn’t and they didn’t.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
There's nothing wrong with that ad.. some people watching it however.

While it's no Chiko Roll billboard, or Cougar Bourbon advert, it's still mildly inappropriate although not overtly exploitative.

That's not to say it's so bad it should be pulled necessarily but yeah

In context of the other KFC ads it makes sense how they got there but anyway

I guess what I'm saying is this can be ordinary without needing national outcry?

Edit: You know what shouldn't be on tv!?

Rebelle Wilson Dog / Bake Off Tv show adverts farken

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
While it's no Chiko Roll billboard, or Cougar Bourbon advert, it's still mildly inappropriate although not overtly exploitative.

That's not to say it's so bad it should be pulled necessarily but yeah

In context of the other KFC ads it makes sense how they got there but anyway

I guess what I'm saying is this can be ordinary without needing national outcry?

Edit: You know what shouldn't be on tv!?

Rebelle Wilson Dog / Bake Off Tv show adverts farken
pfj.jpg

Feb 6, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep. It's because of the huge commission paid to these companies. The Hotels are are in a catch 22. They can't not be on them, but it also hurts their bottom line. I implore people, especially if you are using small regional hotels, to deal with the hotel/BnB whatever directly. Only use these sites for reference purposes only.

So yesterday I went to webjet and looked to book the latest flight out of Adelaide to Brisbane on a Sunday night. Qantas was showing as $212 at 7.30pm. I clicked on it and $42 extra came up described as 'airport charges and duties'.

Went direct to Qantas and it was $213 and no extra charges......I understand the site needs to make money and Qantas have maintain a margin.....but the description is a bit deceptive

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So yesterday I went to webjet and looked to book the latest flight out of Adelaide to Brisbane on a Sunday night. Qantas was showing as $212 at 7.30pm. I clicked on it and $42 extra came up described as 'airport charges and duties'.

Went direct to Qantas and it was $213 and no extra charges......I understand the site needs to make money and Qantas have maintain a margin.....but the description is a bit deceptive
Yep, all those aggregators are good for telling me which supplier to buy from directly.

Occasionally you do get some cracker multi-airline deals though. $700 return for Melb to Singapore, Singapore to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to Melbourne being a case in point. Good holiday that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back