Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1581729706507.jpg

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
technically trump didn’t beat Hillary, or at least only beat her on the college vote or whatever it’s called again.

he might win again, I’m not underestimating the amount of morons that the USA have.
Whatever haha.

Trump absolutely beat hillary "technically" - the Electoral College system is the only way to win the presidency but you tell yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night haha.

The left just can't accept losing to Trump and never will - hence ridiculous articles of impeachment, Russia hoaxes, clinton spying on the 2016 trump campaign, Pelosi thowing a tanty at the SOTU speech... it just goes on and on and the most hilarious thing is it's all contributing to Trump's re-election haha

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Correct
Donald won technically, but undemocratically

It's happened in a few state elections here. Conservatives go ******* mental when Labor benefit from it
What a joke. How can you say undemocratically???

Every citizen had the opportunity to vote - whether they did or didn't is that individual's prerogative.
Sheesh.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Edit: No Mexicans.

Correct
Donald won technically, but undemocratically

It's happened in a few state elections here. Conservatives go ******* mental when Labor benefit from it

The United States is a democratic Republic, not a democracy. It’s not “what the majority want”, but what the majority of represented areas want.

I don’t think that means what you think it means

The only reason to establish a program of immigration is to grow a nation’s population and therefore both its GDP and tax revenue. To do this, immigrants need to be able to thrive. It’s a quid pro quo system

In Australia, however, we have refugees who have been here for five years and still can’t get a job because they can’t speak the language well enough yet. Not that this is actually true...they speak English well enough to work, they just don’t want to. Which means they didn’t come here to thrive, but to bludge.

When illegals come into any country, they become a burden on the economy because they’ll often work for cheap in return for being off the books, which denies tax revenue and therefore places the cost of public services on a workforce which they benefit from but aren’t a part of.

That’s why immigration is controlled. It’s about having the necessary infrastructure and services available for the size of the population. The stronger the economy is, the more expansive it is, the more immigrants can be accepted, because workers are needed to fill the vacancies.

Anything else is romanticised rubbish.

So not every vote is equal.

I understand how their system works, so don't worry about posting a Wikipedia explanation for me

What do you mean, not every vote is equal?

The Labor party in South Australia won their last two elections not winning the popular vote. That was due to preferential voting which is an even more rubbish system.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What do you mean, not every vote is equal?

The Labor party in South Australia won their last two elections based on the same system. They didn’t win the popular vote, but they won enough votes in the areas that were being represented based on preferential voting which is an even more rubbish system.
Yes - I've already made the point about Labor winning elections without winning the popular vote.

If a person or party is able to win power when the majority of people vote for another person or party then not every vote is equal. It's not a complicated idea. It's why electoral boundaries are constantly being shifted to try and stop it happening.

Proportional representation is the best system if you're interested in genuine democracy. Most people aren't though

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The only reason to establish a program of immigration is to grow a nation’s population and therefore both its GDP and tax revenue. To do this, immigrants need to be able to thrive. It’s a quid pro quo system

and you think this is what Lazarus was writing about when she wrote the new colossus? Or what it came to represent to the zeitgeist after?

clearly not.

and you think this is what Lazarus was writing about when she wrote the new colossus? Or what it came to represent to the zeitgeist after?

clearly not.

Of course it wasn't what she was writing about. That's the romanticised version of it - she's talking about the land of opportunity...the 'golden door' of Avalon that the Statue of Liberty holds a torch up to light the way to.

What I'm referring to is the nation who built that golden door, and why they kept it open. The prosperity of a nation is determined by the contribution of its citizens.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trump absolutely beat hillary "technically" - the Electoral College system is the only way to win the presidency but you tell yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night haha.

I responded to a poster who claimed that trump would run away with a victory. That’s a wild claim when the last time he didn’t win the popular vote and only just won on the college system.

ridiculous articles of impeachment, Russia hoaxes

This speaks volumes about you.

Reckon I could get it in from the top of the stairs.

I was just thinking that my kids would still find a way to get piss at the top of the stairs.
Now I know how.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Birds Of Prey was ok but got s**t when the ’they become allies’ stuff started. Review complete.
My daughter hated the representations of all the characters except Harley Quinn. 'Not cannon!'
I thought the movie was mostly fun but it was all new to me so I wasn't invested in accurate characterisation

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Whatever haha.

The left just can't accept losing to Trump and never will - hence ridiculous articles of impeachment, Russia hoaxes, clinton spying on the 2016 trump campaign, Pelosi thowing a tanty at the SOTU speech... it just goes on and on and the most hilarious thing is it's all contributing to Trump's re-election haha

I like how you list the following as proof of "The Left yadda yadda yadda"

ridiculous articles of impeachment:
- the impeachment was completely justified and failed to remove him (predictably) because of a rigged 'jury' / trial

Russia hoaxes:
- not hoaxes

clinton spying on the 2016 trump campaign:
- lol wtf this didn't happen

Pelosi thowing a tanty at the SOTU speech:
- only the Far Right is 'throwing a tanty' because of torn paper in the background of a so called state of the union speech which was nothing more than a campaign rally where a bona fide racist received an award

By the way I never got an answer to this:
Serious question, what *has* he achieved?

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In Australia, however, we have refugees who have been here for five years and still can’t get a job because they can’t speak the language well enough yet. Not that this is actually true...they speak English well enough to work, they just don’t want to. Which means they didn’t come here to thrive, but to bludge.
How do you know this and what percentage are you talking about?
If they are not here to thrive, they are here to budge. If it's not black it has to be white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back