Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wylde Jnr's 9th Birthday just gone..... Bought him his first guitar.

Picked it up and have fallen back in love with playing again. It's been 20 years.

Sore fingers?

I miss going to the game.
I miss the whole ritual.

Yep, likewise.

I miss catching up with my mates. I know it is in the best interests but there is something missing. When it is over it will be a massive celebration that's for sure.

Financially I am going to be fine but my biggest concerns however are for my kids and their families. As I mentioned last week my eldest daughter has been stood down and I am not sure she will get anything from Centrelink even though she has lost 100% if her salary as at this point in time they have not adjusted (AFAIK) the income threshold for families.

Making sure they get through it ok is my highest priority. Then my Mother, she has recently had a new pacemaker put in so is a little vulnerable. I know she has enough support to get her through this both from the family and care providers.

Then there are the local businesses. Over the last couple of days I have had to buy some printer cartridges for my wife, as she is working from home. Bought a set of cartridges from the local Cartridge World, and as I had bought an entire set he offered me a discount of about 25%, I refused this and paid full retail as I know his business will be hit by this. The local cafe, which we frequent at least once a week if not more, are offering takeaway or home delivery within 5 kms so we ordered dinner from them last night. Wherever possible I will support them.

One of my other concerns relates to an investment property my wife and I bought earlier this year and the contract was settled last week. I know our intentions of renting it out will be, and already have been, impacted but I hope it gives us a bit more time to get some of the improvements done we had initially planned to get done over the next couple of years. If we have to head into lockdown then I think we will head there for that period if at all possible. In the car, packed for as long as we need, out of the car and settle in with the sea right across the road. Interaction with others kept to an absolute minimum. Paradise.

We had planned on celebrating my wifes 60th birthday there in early May. Had already booked another house own the road so that our close friends could come and celebrate with our family. This has been cancelled so a much quieter affair will have to happen in the interim.

As this is a longer term investment I know we will get a lot of benefits from it. It will be interesting to see the ATO review my Tax Return with a fairly significant rental loss included, or more specifically No Rental Income just a bunch of expenses.

Those at the front line of this have far greater issues than me and I hope they, and their families, get through this and get the support they deserve.

To the Bigfooty community, in particular you PAFC ferals ;), stay safe, take care of yourselves and your families.

Wylde Jnr's 9th Birthday just gone..... Bought him his first guitar.

Picked it up and have fallen back in love with playing again. It's been 20 years.

I bet your neighbours are hoping the Govt doesn't implement greater isolation measures :cool:

That is something I miss. I haven't seriously picked up a guitar for 30 years. My fingers are fcuked. I tried one if my SIL's guitars but just struggled given one of the fingers on my LH is pretty much fused and on others the ligaments are knackered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

201410_0939_cgfac_sm.jpg

One shining light out of this

The missus is shattered.

Watched the first Showdown last night. I reckon Mead did about 4 blatant deliberate out of bounds and didn't get called on it once. Comedy gold.

Probably watch the 2004 GF tonight.
I remember being a youngun and watching a Port - Richmond, possible the 32 - 30 game in a flood. Wanganeen does the most obvious deliberate you could ever do, and I'm all like, 'why did he do that? He kicked straight to the boundary!'. It annoyed mum so much she had to ring dad at work in a different state so he could explain it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I remember being a youngun and watching a Port - Richmond, possible the 32 - 30 game in a flood. Wanganeen does the most obvious deliberate you could ever do, and I'm all like, 'why did he do that? He kicked straight to the boundary!'. It annoyed mum so much she had to ring dad at work in a different state so he could explain it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It was so weird. Deliberate by hand was pretty much what it is today. You couldn’t slap it out, handball it out, without being pinged.

But for some reason you could pretty much kick it directly out as long as it wasn’t on the full and you gained at least a centimetre of territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back