Moved Thread Truck crashes into police intercept of Porsche on Melbourne's Eastern Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

Except the “medical episode” was after the incident and the c...t who was driving looks to be a crack head.

I’m not ever going to accept that 4 police officers going about their duty were in some way responsible for the actions of 2 x scum who coincidentally happened to spread their brand of s**t at exactly the same time
I’m not sure why any focus has been put on the police all they were doing is was trying to get a grub off the roads who had priors

I’m not sure why any focus has been put on the police all they were doing is was trying to get a grub off the roads who had priors
There’s grubs around who will always go against police.

Did you see all of the tributes flowing from the Greens politicians? No neither did I.

Left wingers hate cops

Yeah...and they’re driving down an emergency stop lane when they shouldn’t be.

Ive seen enough of your posting that it doesn’t really surprise me that you’d be trying to switch blame to the police officers

I think he's just arguing for greater controls that reduce the risk to the police officers. But I wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.

Then accidents are going to happen anyway in any lane, doesn’t matter where the police park

I think you'll get a hell of a scare trying to control your vehicle and even overcoming the injury from ultimately crashing under brakes after someone drifts into your lane at 110km/hr on a highway. I think your outcome as they do it whilst your stationary on the side of the road will be vastly different.

Yeah...and they’re driving down an emergency stop lane when they shouldn’t be.

Ive seen enough of your posting that it doesn’t really surprise me that you’d be trying to switch blame to the police officers

It’s probably why they call it an accident

Cops are just people. They aren't all bad or all good but most of them are working within a legal system which has flaws. Many of the complaints I've seen made about cops are actually more about the system than the individuals.

I'm just curious as to which point Australians became overtly precious about eggings. Isn't this a national tradition?
I mean it probably does meet the technical defintion of assault but trying to argue somebody is a left-wing fascist because they got a chuckle out of it.....Lol. That's some nanny-state bullshit right there.

???. Again... this is my whole point..

There are idiots on the road, people drink driving, people concentrating more on their phones than the road, people that are just bad drivers, people that are fatigued or just someone that is inattentative. You need to protect yourself The best you can from these idiots.

Ive been put through several defensive driving courses over my career because most of my jobs have involved a hell of a lot of both city and country driving mainly for the oil and gas industry..

One of the things the instructors always drum into you is that if you break down on a road, especially a motorway, as soon as it is safe to do so get out of the vehicle and get on the other side of the concrete barrier or get as far away from the road edge as you can. Do not stay in the vehicle.. do this before you start making phone calls for help.

I’m just astounded that the police of all people still stand on the side of a busy highway with vehicles flying past them and the organisation hasn’t put a stop to this practice... its ******* nuts!.

And sure, You’re right, people drift in and out of lanes all the time and cause accidents.

But there is a massive difference between someone sideswiping you at 100ks an hour as your driving along beside them On a motorway at 100ks too... instead of you being stationary and someone running into you or your vehicle when you are in it parked on the side of the motorway...

Surely someone in the police OH&S teams has identified this as a massive bloody hazard and knows that PPE is the last thing listed as a possible response in reducing the risk of this hazard on the hierarchy of control pyramid!..

Just my thoughts...

and im not even gonna bother responding to Pete.. his complete ignorance doesn’t even warrant a response. The moron can stand in the emergency lane next time he breaks down on the highway if he wants too.. if he gets hit he’ll be able to blame the people that hit him.. that’ll show them!

Well what a suprise that mutineer put the thumbs down on my comment..

How bout, instead of putting your gutless little thumbs down on peoples comments, you actually provide a decent rebuttal for once.. actually address the things you dont agree with Instead of dropping your snide little thumbs down and then quickly scurrying away..

How bout, instead of putting your gutless little thumbs down on peoples comments, you actually provide a decent rebuttal for once.. actually address the things you dont agree with Instead of dropping your snide little thumbs down and then quickly scurrying away..
I just take it as a sign I'm living my best life.

You know you're on the right track when Mutineer gives you a laugh or a thumbs down.

He's very childish in his political postings. He's happy to regurgitate crap from his FRNJ Facebook feeds, but he's completely incapable of actually discussing anything political or responding intelligently to other people's posts. This has long been his modus operandi.

You can keep calling me all the names you like, but if you’re going to continue victim blaming I’m going to call it out
Victim blaming???.... some of my good mates are cops and many of the OH&S people i worked with in the Oil and Gas industry were ex-police.. Great bloody people. so give up trying to paint me as some sort of cop hater that is looking to put the blame onto these poor officers that lost their lives.

Im just raising some questions that im certain the investigators and the coroner will certainly raise and look into in the coming months and years.

All your trying to do is pick a petty little fight by building up a pathetic strawman argument based on you looking to paint me as some sort of cop hater.

Just FO..

I hope there’s a law that covers this kind of inaction. How f’ed that 4 good humans die and the absolute worst kind of human walks away.
The basic pub test says this complete piece of s**t needs to be jailed to send a message this & his ongoing behaviour is abhorrent & completely unacceptable for anyone in our community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly all workplace incidents are accidents. Very few are deliberate acts.
Your right, very few are deliberate acts but... Its always interesting when investigating workplace incidents.. theres nearly always something that surfaces that points to it being an incident rather than an accident.

Be it something minor such as failing to follow the directions in the SWMS’s or someone, somewhere along the line failing to adequately check a piece of equipment or machinery and missing something that results in someone getting hurt..

I remember reading a coroner’s report on an incident involving a police officer who pulled a guy in a truck over on a busy highway because he believed his load wasnt properly secured.. he stood there and made the truck driver restrap the load.. unfortunately in the process or re-securing the load the truck driver pulled hard on one of the straps and it wasn’t secured on the other side of the truck thus it provided no resistance.. the result was that he went reeling backwards onto the road and straight under a passing vehicle. Killed him instantly.

There was a coroners investigation because its classed as a death in custody.

Was this an accident?.. probably... but should either the truck driver or the police officer have at some point identified the high risks involved in undertaking the task on the busy hazardous highway and suggested that they move the truck under police lights to the nearest exit and off the highway and then secure the load?.. as the truck driver was classed as being in police custody at the time... could he even make any demands as to where the load was to be re-secured?

Was anyone at fault here or was it simply an unavoidable accident?..

Coroner reports can easily be found, each state has them archived as online resources.. can be slightly morbid but some of them are very interesting reading..

Your right, very few are deliberate acts but... Its always interesting when investigating workplace incidents.. theres nearly always something that surfaces that points to it being an incident rather than an accident.

Be it something minor such as failing to follow the directions in the SWMS’s or someone, somewhere along the line failing to adequately check a piece of equipment or machinery and missing something that results in someone getting hurt..

I remember reading a coroner’s report on an incident involving a police officer who pulled a guy in a truck over on a busy highway because he believed his load wasnt properly secured.. he stood there and made the truck driver restrap the load.. unfortunately in the process or re-securing the load the truck driver pulled hard on one of the straps and it wasn’t secured on the other side of the truck thus it provided no resistance.. the result was that he went reeling backwards onto the road and straight under a passing vehicle. Killed him instantly.

There was a coroners investigation because its classed as a death in custody.

Was this an accident?.. probably... but should either the truck driver or the police officer have at some point identified the high risks involved in undertaking the task on the busy hazardous highway and suggested that they move the truck under police lights to the nearest exit and off the highway and then secure the load?.. as the truck driver was classed as being in police custody at the time... could he even make any demands as to where the load was to be re-secured?

Was anyone at fault here or was it simply an unavoidable accident?..

Coroner reports can easily be found, each state has them archived as online resources.. can be slightly morbid but some of them are very interesting reading..
If you look hard enough we will more than not find loophole or flaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back