Current True Crime Podcasts

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trace Podcast

The Victorian Coroner has reopened the investigation into the 38-year-old cold case of Maria James, whose murder was the subject of the ABC's Trace podcast series.
  • A coronial inquest in 1982 found Maria James was murdered by "a person unknown"
  • New evidence uncovered by the ABC's Trace podcast cast fresh light on the case
  • The coroner's re-investigation is only possible because of new laws passed in October

Acting State Coroner Iain West said this morning that he would set aside the finding of a 1982 inquest that found Ms James was murdered by "a person unknown".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-30/trace-podcast-subject-maria-james-murder-case-to-re-opened/10569792

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FTY1

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Trace Podcast

The Victorian Coroner has reopened the investigation into the 38-year-old cold case of Maria James, whose murder was the subject of the ABC's Trace podcast series.
  • A coronial inquest in 1982 found Maria James was murdered by "a person unknown"
  • New evidence uncovered by the ABC's Trace podcast cast fresh light on the case
  • The coroner's re-investigation is only possible because of new laws passed in October

Acting State Coroner Iain West said this morning that he would set aside the finding of a 1982 inquest that found Ms James was murdered by "a person unknown".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-30/trace-podcast-subject-maria-james-murder-case-to-re-opened/10569792
There was a new episode of Trace today.

ABC has another article online today which I would post but reveals what is in the podcast.

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Just finished Bear Brook and I have to say it''s excellent. Six part podcast that dates back to the early 80s when 2 bodies were found in barrells in the woods in New Hampshire.

DNA tech (the same that caught the East Area Rapist) solves this 30-odd years later.

Excellently researched and presented.

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anybody else noticed Scotty Morrison with his federal election pitch has hijacked the true crime podcast airwaves? Every single one I listened to today. And he isn't sharing.

FTY1

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
When looking at the podcasts, I noticed Mamamia now have a podcast called True Crime Conversations. It started in June. Not all are Australian cases but the first one is about Davine Arckens the victim of Gene Bristow. Have only listened to this one which was quite interesting. Also been discussed briefly here

Here is the link https://www.mamamia.com.au/podcasts/true-crime-conversations/ or search for True Crime Conversations.

It also features:
The Curse of Dulcie Markham
The Case of the Bowraville Murders
The Lady Vanishes (Which is also a separate podcast)
Khandalyce Pearce and Karlie Pearce Stevenson
Roger Rogerson
Christopher Wilder and
Kathleen Pettingill

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
TRUE CRIME PODS.

Hollywood & Crime
Hollywood & Crime specializes in cases from Hollywood’s golden age, including what might be the most complete investigation of the Black Dahlia, with 26 episodes fully dedicated to what’s probably Hollywood’s most notorious murder. But don’t fret, the team still goes deep on other Tinseltown crimes.
Episodes: 40
Length: 1 hour or less
Have been binging this the last week.

I have listened to the Black Dahlia and associated cases. I wasnt aware of 5 other murders within a short time span of the Elizabeth Short murder. This section looks at all of the cases , then they get a 21st century perspective on the unsolved cases.

I found it really interesting and well presented. Having read the James Ellroy book about 25 years ago I may have to go back and read it again

Top Bottom