Current True Crime Podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the most recent Casefile Podcats about the discovery of a mutilated body identified as Beverly McGowan is a brilliant listen. I'd never heard about the case, but it gained international attention as the killer was dubbed "the most wanted woman in the world".

That one's on my list. I'm listening to Felon now, after a long time the host is back. I like his voice.

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
What happened to Belinda Peisley? All episodes are on here:

New series, On Guard. Martin Bryant trades sex for chocolate apparently, not out long enough yet to be free so there's a subscription.

On Guard – an eight-part podcast – uncovers what really goes on behind bars as former correctional officers share shocking secrets from the frontline of working with some of Australia’s most infamous criminals.

There’s Kerry Corbin who had the unenviable task of minding Daniel Morcombe’s killer Brett Peter Cowan and Tony Burley who oversaw Australia’s worst killer – Port Arthur mass-murderer Martin Bryant for more than a decade.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
A few podcasts that I have been listening to recently
NSW Police State Crime Command - Investigations - A mix of unsolved and solved crimes and missing persons cases.

Finding Cleo
It's a mystery her family has been trying to unravel for decades after the young Cree girl was apprehended by child welfare workers in Saskatchewan in the 1970's. Her siblings say she was stolen, and then raped and murdered while trying to hitchhike back home, her body left at the side of the road somewhere in the United States.

They have no idea where she is, whether her name was changed, or if anyone has been charged in her murder.

The Prosecutors
2 US prosecutors go through unsolved fairly well known cases in the USA and suggest their most likely scenario to what has happened. I have listened to a few and the ones I would recommend so far are Maura Murray and Brian Shaffer. They can ramble a bit at the start as well at the end so there may be a bit of skipping forward required.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I am enjoying Evidence Locker True Crime at the moment. There are mainly international cases but there are a few Australian cases, the latest being Snowtown. It is researcged from open sources and archive purposes. There is a bit of a description about the criminals and victims as well as the description of the crimes.

Another Unravelled Series from the ABC is out now. It is on Juanita Nielson Journalist and Activist that went missing from the Kings Cross Area in the 1970s.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Listened to “What happened to Zac” podcast today. It was short and sharp but leaves you thinking about it. The answer seems like it will be an occams razor scenario, bit like Theo Hayez, but with no body it must be torture to the families.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Not a podcast but feels apt: just found True Crime Recaps on YouTube.

This one randomly popped in my feed and ended up watching by 3 hours worth of them.

Id heard of it in passing but the details blew my mind. This one was particularly interesting too.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's already been mentioned... but I have started listening to the Andrew Rule Life & Crime podcasts.

Started with the Neville Wran one which confirms much of what have heard previously, but new material too.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Not a podcast but feels apt: just found True Crime Recaps on YouTube.

This one randomly popped in my feed and ended up watching by 3 hours worth of them.

Id heard of it in passing but the details blew my mind. This one was particularly interesting too.

I watched the Delphi murder ones and the videos really gave a better understanding of the crime. Even the comment that it took 10 to 15 minutes to cross the bridge and the way he linked events and people together.

Both of these are popular on true crime podcasts. It looks like they are also available via apple and spotify too.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Got onto a decent one in “One Minute Remaining”
Aussie host Jack Lawrance interviews inmates either on death row or in prison for significant periods.
The first case is Dorice Moore, accused of killing a man who’d won the lottery.
Kimberley Boone, charged with attempted murder of her husband twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got onto a decent one in “One Minute Remaining”
Aussie host Jack Lawrance interviews inmates either on death row or in prison for significant periods.
The first case is Dorice Moore, accused of killing a man who’d won the lottery.
Kimberley Boone, charged with attempted murder of her husband twice.
Good series hearing from the inmates.

Surely Kimberley Boone couldn't be that unlucky... particularly shooting the ex by accident.

David Talley 100 years without any serious crime is bizarre over-sentencing because he pissed off the judge by skipping bail.

Emelia Carr appears to have been set-up by x-lover & over-zealous cops.

The American justice system seems to lack justice at times...

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Good series hearing from the inmates.

Surely Kimberley Boone couldn't be that unlucky... particularly shooting the ex by accident.

David Talley 100 years without any serious crime is bizarre over-sentencing because he pissed off the judge by skipping bail.

Emelia Carr appears to have been set-up by x-lover & over-zealous cops.

The American justice system seems to lack justice at times...
I was tending to believe Kimberly until they played her 911 call.

This was fascinating, there's a heap of information in here but what I took from it and which I've noticed myself is that there are now more mass shootings with serial murder decreasing. There's an answer for it, the wannabe serial killers are being diverted.

What they call the 'Golden Age of Serial Killers' is over and we need to change the typologies which were devised through that period. Also, surprise surprise childhood abuse doesn't factor in to the creation of as much as anger at the rejection of their peers through childhood.

This book 'Killer Data' is in schools and universities.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I just listened to the latest Unravel Podcast - Firebomb. It is about the Chinese Restaurant Bombings in Perth in the 1980s and the Australian Nationalist Movement (ANM). The story told by Crispian Chan and Alex Mann. Well worth a listen.

Available via ABC Listen or other podcast apps.

Back