General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if this has been officially announced yet, but it appears True Value Solar is the HPC naming rights sponsor.

It's official. Introducing the True Value Solar Centre. godons

BZVdUj8CMAA0pdt.jpg

VIDEO: Watch Jobe Watson's press conference from today here

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2013-11-18/btv-front-and-centre-jobe-watson-nov-18

Hey guys - apologies for the intrusion. New facilities look fantastic! Congrats to the club on spending the dollars to provide the players with such great training facilities. I know the history of how you ended up at Tulla but regardless of that, your club has made the best of the situation. In fact, I don't think you could have had the final finished product if still at Windy Hill.

I'm interested to know under which regime they were initiated i.e. who was the president and CEO?

cheers

Hey guys - apologies for the intrusion. New facilities look fantastic! Congrats to the club on spending the dollars to provide the players with such great training facilities. I know the history of how you ended up at Tulla but regardless of that, your club has made the best of the situation. In fact, I don't think you could have had the final finished product if still at Windy Hill.

I'm interested to know under which regime they were initiated i.e. who was the president and CEO?

cheers

Cheers.

This was under Robson and Evans.

can't wait till they have an open day so we can tour the facilities should be good!

Not sure why the didn't build a media room so they didn't have to do interviews on the basketball court...

I am of the opinion we should've purpose built a small verandah for our guys to stand on with the media standing out in the open so any severe weather dumps down on them. After 2013, * the media and the horse they rode in on.

On a brighter note, the facilities look nothing short of awesome.

Is the naming rights of the High Performance Centre worth anything to us financially?
Im sure the Lexus\Westpac Centre has an annual dollar value associated to its name..

Is the naming rights of the High Performance Centre worth anything to us financially?
Im sure the Lexus\Westpac Centre has an annual dollar value associated to its name..

Yes. When it was first announced, True Value Solar signed on as a jumper sponsor and, presumably, as a HPC naming rights holder. I can't quite recall how much the deal was worth, however.

Yes. When it was first announced, True Value Solar signed on as a jumper sponsor and, presumably, as a HPC naming rights holder. I can't quite recall how much the deal was worth, however.

Thanks, would be curious to know how much it's worth.
On another note, when is it open for the members to visit?

Cheers.

This was under Robson and Evans.

Kudos to both of them and the board at the time to make the best of a bad situation and putting in facilities that are above and beyond what most would have envisaged in having at Windy Hill.

Evans struck me as a good operator. He has left a fantastic legacy to the club, staff and supporters. Shame others have tarnished the name.

cheers

Thanks, would be curious to know how much it's worth.
On another note, when is it open for the members to visit?

I seem to recall the figure of $6m but I'm probably way off.

I emailed the club about a prospective tour. I'll let this thread know when they reply.

Tours wont be held until all work is completed, so not before the new year. I asked there today when I was there.

Fans can go there any day they want between Monday-Friday. But players only train there Monday, Wednesday & Fridays (usually in the mornings). Tuesdays & Thursday they are only there for gym work and whatever else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some photos from the HPC when i was there earlier today ...

6gkw.jpg

oqts.jpg

d6u9.jpg

The following two photos are views from the cafe.

v6uo.jpg

rn24.jpg

klu9.jpg

Obviously wheelchair friendly :thumbsu:

The running track there isn't completed yet. Pretty sure the rest will get done by end of January at the latest. The rest is completed.

be nice in a few years when the trees grow...

So they named the HPC after the company who critical "watch this space" posters said were dumping us (pre Demetriou's ASADA tragedy).

Must be a ploy to try to get them back on board as sponsors ;)

They're only staying on because no other organization would want them as a sponsor.

Am I doing it right?

Our club debt is coming down very quickly. It is now only ...

ab74.jpg

Around 500k better off than the previous update only around 2 or so weeks ago.

They originally said they hope to be debt free within 3 years. The way they are going, it will be alot sooner.

Our club debt is coming down very quickly. It is now only ...

ab74.jpg

Around 500k better off than the previous update only around 2 or so weeks ago.

They originally said they hope to be debt free within 3 years. The way they are going, it will be alot sooner.
It's just jumped back up to $4.5mil which kinda sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back