General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you on about? how would it jump back up to $4.5m? Hirdys wage for the 12 months?

I take it from the clubs website when it is updated. I just checked, it hasn't changed.

This is what I'm seeing:
l14mMBB.jpg

Maybe adblock is preventing me from seeing an updated image or something?

This is what I'm seeing:
l14mMBB.jpg

Maybe adblock is preventing me from seeing an updated image or something?

I see $3,989,019. Must be adblock, odd that it has saved it at the other amount on your computer...

That did it, good call:)

I got a bit worried that some serious s**t had gone down when I saw it at $4.5mil again because it came right after the Hun's stories and the draft tampering fine.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-11/essendon-reduces-debt-by-1m

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce it has already reduced its debt by over $1 million as part of The Flight Plan initiative.
The Club’s debt currently sits at $3,989,019, previously at a total of $5 million, with over $1 million contributed to the Flight Plan in the past three months alone.

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-11/essendon-reduces-debt-by-1m

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce it has already reduced its debt by over $1 million as part of The Flight Plan initiative.
The Club’s debt currently sits at $3,989,019, previously at a total of $5 million, with over $1 million contributed to the Flight Plan in the past three months alone.
There's all the membership renewal donations at work. If even half of the renewed members opted to dontate, that's $1 million. Nice work team!

There's all the membership renewal donations at work. If even half of the renewed members opted to dontate, that's $1 million. Nice work team!

Yup, if 17,500 members donate an average of $55, thats $962,500.

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Made my day!

dm6i.jpg

A thank you letter from Paul Little. Sure, thousands would be ready to be mailed out but it's the thought that counts. Knowing I'll have my name on a plaque at the new training center is fantastic.

Made my day!

dm6i.jpg

A thank you letter from Paul Little. Sure, thousands would be ready to be mailed out but it's the thought that counts. Knowing I'll have my name on a plaque at the new training center is fantastic.

$250 group?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently we're looking to expand our facilities. I can only assume this is a 'when it is financially viable' type scenario.

XC mentioned Women's Footy, Next Generation Academy and Hall of Fame as areas for expansion, plus VFL change rooms, women's change rooms and proper lighting on the ovals for night training.

Simon Conway said:
Dons keen to expand base
Essendon already boasts one of largest and most advanced training facilities in the country but the investing won’t stop.

That’s the message from Chief Executive Xavier Campbell who told Bomber Radio, the facility’s next phase of growth would focus on the Next Generation Academy, Women’s Football and the Hall of Fame.

“The footprint we’ve got is much larger than anyone else has got,” Campbell said.

“We’ve got an expansion space available to us which is an asset that not many others have.

“We’ve got an indoor training hall which is an absolute competitive advantage.

“But there are other areas we haven’t got like a proper VFL change room facility, lights on the oval to ensure our VFL team can train properly and female change rooms.

“Our facility and the next phase of that growth will focus on Next Generation Academy, Women’s Football, Hall of Fame – they’re big ticket items of us.

Campbell is open to the idea of one day hosting Essendon VFL and AFLW home games at the Club’s Tullamarine base, but said it’s important the Bombers maintain a strong presence at Windy Hill.
The Bombers moved to their training facility in Tullamarine at the end of 2013.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-03/dons-keen-to-expand-base

Killer_Mike

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2017
Ghetto Extraordinary
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Knicks,Victory
I think XC mentioned that they are in discussion with Moonee Valley council to maintain our presence at Windy Hill and more importantly with the community.

I really enjoy watching games at Windy Hill so I do hope they continue to play VFL games there!

efcboy

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2007
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
VFL change rooms - a sign they're not planning on playing at Windy Hill for too much longer you'd think, in spite of what XC has said there.

Good to see this in general though!

What happens with Windy Hill can be out of the clubs control as the council is involved. Ideally they'd prefer to continue playing there but there needs to be a 2nd option for something they may have no control over.

VFL change rooms - a sign they're not planning on playing at Windy Hill for too much longer you'd think, in spite of what XC has said there.

Yeah. Sounds like a 'strong' presence of the corporate entity, rather than the football club.

I wonder if that means we will be bidding on a women's team licence asap or if we will be developing facilities and the team is still a few years off.
Even ASAP would be a few years off, there are clubs with provisional licenses or whatever they're called that will get teams before we will, and they may not be until 2019 or something. I imagine we'll have a VFL level women's team sooner rather than later though (haha my ignorance, I don't even know what that league is called).

VFL change rooms are also needed for when training moves out to Tulla as currently they train at WH. I still think they'll have a mix of both locations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back