Trump and US politics

Remove this Banner Ad

I would argue that just because the PM is not directly elected does not mean it is not an elected position.
The leader is one of the most important considerations that voters say influence the way they vote.
The party is elected by the public, via the politician(s) you vote for in your electorate.

The Prime Minister is elected by the elected party's sitting politicians and not by the public (Before the election, but there is nothing stopping the party over throwing the prime minister.)

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

The leader is one of the most important considerations that voters say influence the way they vote.

You can consider it until the cows come home, you're still not deciding on who the PM is.

The president technically is not either
The President though cant be ousted by his political party as he was voted in by the public during the election.

So the vote on the day of the election is for the president for the full term and the party can not change the leader.

Barring the president getting impeached for example....

The President though cant be ousted by his political party as he was voted in by the public during the election.

So the vote on the day of the election is for the president for the full term and the party can not change the leader.

Barring the president getting impeached for example....

Faithless elector

1. GFC II is waiting in the wings.
2. The Fed has nowhere to go, you can only print money for so long & that point has long past.
3. The American economy is in an extremely fragile state, the US can't afford to get into trade wars with anyone.
4. That rules out re-opening industries that Trump promised to reopen in the 'rust belt'.
5. Cutting the company tax rate to 20% when government spending, out of necessity, is at an all time high will send the US economy into a tail spin. The US govt needs more tax revenue NOT less.
6. Building a wall that the Mexicans will pay for. LOL
7. The US isn't going to be able to bully its way out of the mess it is in. Something like two thirds of US debt is now owned by the Chinese, the US is effectively China's bitch.
8. The list goes on and on.

He faces an enormously difficult task that's for sure. Good luck Donald.

1. GFC II is waiting in the wings.
2. The Fed has nowhere to go, you can only print money for so long & that point has long past.
3. The American economy is in an extremely fragile state, the US can't afford to get into trade wars with anyone.
4. That rules out re-opening industries that Trump promised to reopen in the 'rust belt'.
5. Cutting the company tax rate to 20% when government spending, out of necessity, is at an all time high will send the US economy into a tail spin. The US govt needs more tax revenue NOT less.
6. Building a wall that the Mexicans will pay for. LOL
7. The US isn't going to be able to bully its way out of the mess it is in. Something like two thirds of US debt is now owned by the Chinese, the US is effectively China's bitch.
8. The list goes on and on.

The full list of trump promises. copy and pasted from the SRP board.

1. Build a wall along the southern border

2. Make Mexico pay for the wall.

3. "If I become president, we're all going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' again."

4. Get rid of Common Core

5. The Environmental Protection Agency might also disappear.

6. Get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something "terrific"

7. Knock down the regulatory walls between states for health insurance,

8. Rebuild the country's aging infrastructure

9. Save Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security without cutting benefits.

10. Defund Planned Parenthood.

11. "I will take care of women

12. Frequently use the term "radical Islamic terrorism."

13. Temporarily ban most foreign Muslims from entering the United States

14. Bar Syrian refugees from entering the country and kick out any who are already living here.

15. Heavily surveil mosques in the United States.

16. Create a database of Syrian refugees.

17. Never take a vacation while serving as president.

18. Prosecute Hillary Clinton

19. Make medical marijuana widely available to patients, and allow states to decide if they want to fully legalize pot or not.

20. Stop spending money on space exploration.

21. Pick Supreme Court justices who are "really great legal scholars."

22. Ensure that Iowa continues to host the nation's first presidential nominating contest.

23. Strengthen the military

24. Be unpredictable.

25. Allow Russia to deal with the Islamic State in Syria

26. "Bomb the s--- out of ISIS."

27. Target and kill the relatives of terrorists.

28. Shut down parts of the Internet

29. Bring back waterboarding

30. Leave troops in Afghanistan because it's such "a mess." Protect Israel. And increase U.S. military presence in the East and South China Seas.

31. Find an "out" clause in the Iran deal

32. "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race.

33. Refuse to call Iran's leader by his preferred title.

34. Negotiate the release of all U.S. prisoners held in Iran before taking office.

35. Oppose the killing of journalists:

36. Find great generals -- like the next Gen. Patton or Gen. MacArthur -- and do not allow them to go onto television news shows to explain their military strategy:

37. Drop that "dirty, rotten traitor" Bowe Bergdahl out of an airplane into desolate Afghanistan without a parachute.

38. Fire "the corrupt and incompetent" leaders of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

39. Invest more heavily in programs that help military veterans transition back to civilian life

40. Bring back jobs from China.

41. "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created

42. Students at Wofford College in South Carolina, where Trump attended a town hall, will all have jobs at graduation.

43. Aggressively challenge China's power in the world

44. Rather than throw the Chinese president a state dinner, buy him "a McDonald's hamburger and say we've got to get down to work."

45. Replace "free trade" with "fair trade

46. Put billionaire hedge fund manager Carl Icahn in charge of trade negotiations with China and Japan

47. Tell Ford Motor Co.'s president that unless he cancels plans to build a massive plant in Mexico, the company will face a 35 percent tax on cars imported back into the United States.

48. Force Nabisco to once again make Oreos in the United States.

49. Impose new taxes on many imports into the country.

50. Grow the nation's economy by at least 6 percent.

51. Reduce the $18 trillion national debt

52. Cut the budget by 20 percent by simply renegotiating.

53. Get rid of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.

54. Simplify the U.S. tax code and reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to four.

55. No longer charge income tax to single individuals earning less than $25,000 per year or couples earning less than $50,000.

56. Ensure that Americans can still afford to golf.

57. Allow corporations a one-time window to transfer money being held overseas,

58. Get rid of most corporate tax loopholes or incentives

59. On his first day in office, Trump would get rid of gun-free zones at military bases and in schools.

60. Use "common sense" to fix the mental health system and prevent mass shootings..

61. Impose a minimum sentence of five years in federal prison for any violent felon who commits a crime using a gun

62. Fix the background check system used when purchasing guns

63. Allow concealed-carry permits to be recognized in all 50 states.

64. Sign an executive order calling for the death penalty for anyone found guilty of killing a police officer.

65. Provide more funding for police training.

66. And provide more funding for drug treatment.

67. On the first day in office, terminate President Obama's executive orders related to immigration..

68. Deport the almost 11 million immigrants illegally living in the United States.

69. Triple the number of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

70. Continue to allow lowly paid foreign workers to come to the United States on temporary works visas because Trump says they are the only ones who want to pick grapes.

71. End birthright citizenship.

72. Say things that are politically incorrect

73. Make America great again

74. Be a cheerleader for America and bring the country's spirit back. "

75. Bring back the American Dream.

76. Start winning again.

Doesn't matter how you word it, doesn't change the argument that lots of voters do vote for the PM even if they are technically only voting for a local candidate.

Most do really you are right

End of the day, at least he's not Clinton! I'm fairly over seeing Bill and the whole family on the TV for the last 20 years!

Apart from being a terrible candidate, Hilary had no policies. Her policy of 'I'll continue what Obama is doing' is hardly going to appeal to the whole population, with a vast majority furious with the way Obama has been going lately and a vast portion hating the Obamacare. She tried to take on Trump verbally, which was never going to work!

End of the day, at least he's not Clinton! I'm fairly over seeing Bill and the whole family on the TV for the last 20 years!

Apart from being a terrible candidate, Hilary had no policies. Her policy of 'I'll continue what Obama is doing' is hardly going to appeal to the whole population, with a vast majority furious with the way Obama has been going lately and a vast portion hating the Obamacare. She tried to take on Trump verbally, which was never going to work!

Do you honestly believe that Trump was a better candidate? Did you read what was copied and pasted above?

Do you honestly believe that Trump was a better candidate? Did you read what was copied and pasted above?

Honestly yes but both are woeful. People are so over the Clintons. People don't forget how many scandals upon scandals Bill was involved in. Trump can't be worse than Hilary and the establishment. Do I think he will be great, no. However Hilary isn't an alternative.

Sanders was a better option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly yes but both are woeful. People are so over the Clintons. People don't forget how many scandals upon scandals Bill was involved in. Trump can't be worse than Hilary and the establishment. Do I think he will be great, no. However Hilary isn't an alternative.

Sanders was a better option

Bill wasn't running for President...and as far as scandals go Trump couldn't possibly have any more.

Bill wasn't running for President...and as far as scandals go Trump couldn't possibly have any more.

Try to tell the American public Bill wasn't. I said it at the start he needed to go nowhere near the campaign. People don't forget what he did.

Plus and here's the main thing- she had no policies (or very little). Saying "oh I'll continue what Obama is doing" is NOT a policy. Tell us how you will lead, what makes you different. This is where she lost it big time.

Hillary is just as corrupt, anyone saying otherwise is just blinded by all the Trump hate. There is a reason she didnt win.

Exactly and they put her up. Don't blame voters for saying "stuff that". Bernie Sanders would have lapped Trump but instead they put Hilary up and get smashed!

On the positive thanks Sportsbet for giving me $9 on a Trump win on the day!

Exactly and they put her up. Don't blame voters for saying "stuff that". Bernie Sanders would have lapped Trump but instead they put Hilary up and get smashed!

Yep i got him at $10 at about mid morning. Only put a tenner on though. Spewing

It's a small sample size, but there is an extremely strong correlation across my Facebook/Twitter etc. between the people that had no problem with the boo-ing of Adam Goodes and the people that don't see Trump winning as a bad thing...

You realise she received more votes than Trump though, yes?

Yep i got him at $10 at about mid morning. Only put a tenner on though. Spewing

One of my mates is fair giving it to me- he got on at $251-1...let's just say he won't let me forget it!

One of my mates is fair giving it to me- he got on at $251-1...let's just say he won't let me forget it!
yeah my neighbor came in when trump was something ridiculous @$500 and said we should put 50 in each and have a crack i laughed and said yeah maybe then forgot. FML