Politics Trump Brexit conflation. The generational context

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Wolfe said recently that the biggest mistake made in recent times was allowing corporate interests to take over everything in the early years of globalisation, Blair was complicit in that, and in Trump, and his cabinet we have it in it's blooming glory. That he sold himself as the champion of the little guy is nothing short of genius.

Tom Wolfe said recently that the biggest mistake made in recent times was allowing corporate interests to take over everything in the early years of globalisation, Blair was complicit in that, and in Trump, and his cabinet we have it in it's blooming glory. That he sold himself as the champion of the little guy is nothing short of genius.

Yes, Trump was very smart. I was saying this a year ago when everyone was calling him an idiot; the man knew what he was doing.

And yes, the idea that corporations treated like people is rediculous and a testament to how far down the rabbit hole we have gone.

If you * over enough people, you're gonna get Trump. Actually, we're gonna get much worse than him. Trump is just the beginning.

I don't think it's genius coz it was just such an obvious con (think the Brexit ran a smarter campaign for example), anyone with half a brain would've seen it coming and know what he'd do once he's in office. I think it's just the utter stupidity of some people to not be able to see through it (can never accuse Americans for being smart). Also the cronyism of Hillary Clinton herself, and also underestimating that people would vote for a candidate based on negativity rather than assuming everyone would vote based on decent values

Haha Michael Sheen has joined the moron club..

The richer these lefties become the more they develop a deeply ingrained messiah complex, convinced that they can, quite literally, save the planet from the unwashed masses. In reality it is just a manifestation of a subconscious steeped in intellectual, social and moral snobbery.

When Thatcher took power, the newest voters (18) would be mid fifties in age now. - the tail end of boomers

My father in law emigrated from the UK in the early '80's and regards himself as a refugee of Thatcher; he is politically an ALP voter more for his distrust of conservatives and the "establishment".

Was thrilled Brexit got up.

My father in law emigrated from the UK in the early '80's and regards himself as a refugee of Thatcher; he is politically an ALP voter more for his distrust of conservatives and the "establishment".

Was thrilled Brexit got up.
Me too - asylum seeker

Haha Michael Sheen has joined the moron club..

The richer these lefties become the more they develop a deeply ingrained messiah complex, convinced that they can, quite literally, save the planet from the unwashed masses. In reality it is just a manifestation of a subconscious steeped in intellectual, social and moral snobbery.

Thats just the personality - left or right is the platform they chose to lord it over people.

case in point - our current PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back