• USA? Who cares? I’m strayan

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • (Insert joke answer)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

s**t, sorry, the part about Whitlam bypassing political norms.
Off topic slightly but just following this up.. As there is a good article from Pilger about the topic, I thought you might enjoy.

Off topic slightly but just following this up.. As there is a good article from Pilger about the topic, I thought you might enjoy.

Great article. I remember reading this during an International Studies unit at uni and getting really ******* angry. Then travelling through South America more recently and learning in each country exactly how and when the United States ****ed with their democracies and installed puppet governments somewhat reinforced my view on American foreign policy.

The sheer amount of propaganda that emanates from the states casting them as the "good guys" is astounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biden is now equal favourite with trump to win the election!
The fact Trump maintains a grip on more than the rabid 10% you'd expect as a maximum is a mystery to me. I guess a lot of it can be sheeted home to the GOP and their steadfast work normalising him over the past few years, but still - people have eyes and ears (yes, cue Orwell quote).

Biden is now equal favourite with trump to win the election!

The fact Trump maintains a grip on more than the rabid 10% you'd expect as a maximum is a mystery to me. I guess a lot of it can be sheeted home to the GOP and their steadfast work normalising him over the past few years, but still - people have eyes and ears (yes, cue Orwell quote).

To be fair, a choice between Clinton/Biden/Sanders or Trump.. .the write in candidate "This election is a joke" or "Mickey Mouse" be expected

I am more and more thankful we have compulsory elections and party voting as I think it helps eliminate popularity candidates

To be fair, a choice between Clinton/Biden/Sanders or Trump.. .the write in candidate "This election is a joke" or "Mickey Mouse" be expected

I am more and more thankful we have compulsory elections and party voting as I think it helps eliminate popularity candidates
We’ve also got a party system not a presidential race.. we can ditch leaders throughout their tenure, not having to wait four years.

Comments? Anyone?
I hadn't heard of rt news so thought I would check it out and found that it is a "Russian Government funded international network". On that basis, I am not stupid enough to give it any credibility or bother to comment on it

I hadn't heard of rt news so thought I would check it out and found that it is a "Russian Government funded international network". On that basis, I am not stupid enough to give it any credibility or bother to comment on it

Eh... Russia Today used to be a fairly good news organization (as long as you understood that any reporting they do on the Russian government will be somewhat compromised). People should stop looking for bias free news. It doesn't exist. You should treat all news critically, and dismiss organizations that consistently deliberately lie.

As to this particular article, it is click baity as *. But yes, there is a difference between protesting over the murder of a citizen by the police force, and protesting because you can't get a haircut. Are you familiar with Maslows hierarchy of needs Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back