• USA? Who cares? I’m strayan

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • (Insert joke answer)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10 second browse of the hashtag leads me to believe it's a big ol Twitter joke that some clowns hope catches on.

This Person Does Not Exist is actually a pretty cool website though. Fascinating what an adversarial AI can do

Trump or no Trump, it's very sad.

=====

US passes 100,000 coronavirus deaths

The United States has passed 100,000 coronavirus deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University figures, representing more than 28 per cent of the global death toll from the pandemic.

The majority of those deaths have come in clusters on the nation's east coast, with the states of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Boston, Michigan and Pennsylvania making up over half of the death toll: New York state has recorded more than 29,000 deaths on its own.

The nation with the second-highest death toll from COVID-19 is the United Kingdom, where more than 37,500 people have died.

Trump or no Trump, it's very sad.

=====

US passes 100,000 coronavirus deaths

The United States has passed 100,000 coronavirus deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University figures, representing more than 28 per cent of the global death toll from the pandemic.

The majority of those deaths have come in clusters on the nation's east coast, with the states of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Boston, Michigan and Pennsylvania making up over half of the death toll: New York state has recorded more than 29,000 deaths on its own.

The nation with the second-highest death toll from COVID-19 is the United Kingdom, where more than 37,500 people have died.
13 times our population but a thousand times our death rate pretty much sums up Trump's performance on Covid-19. Terrible.

It's a few posts up, a typically moronic effort on twitter.

Something you'd jump all over if it was one of your internet enemies.

Bizarre conclusion.

Which politicians do I promote?

He's a performing clown in a circus, so isn't the onus on those who take him literally (you & others here) to explain themselves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre conclusion.

Which politicians do I promote?

He's a performing clown in a circus, so isn't the onus on those who take him literally (you & others here) to explain themselves?

Yes, he's a clown and yes, he's turned it into a circus. But by virtue of the gravitas of his public office, he has influence over the lives of millions and it's disingenuous to ignore the damage that the imbecile has caused through incompetence and unwillingness to listen to good advice. He doesn't accept science (unless doing so provides him a material benefit) - surely you, as a scientist, find this dangerous / unacceptable?

It's ironic that you consistently post negatively about a little girl, with severely limited influence on policies and actions, because she's a puppet, whilst giving Trump a free pass because he's just a puppet.

He doesn't accept science (unless doing so provides him a material benefit) - surely you, as a scientist, find this dangerous / unacceptable?

As a scientist and a non believer in telepathy, I cannot take any position as I am not aware of what he has or hasn't been informed, then accepted or denied.

You don't know this either.

It's ironic that you consistently post negatively about a little girl, with severely limited influence on policies and actions, because she's a puppet, whilst giving Trump a free pass because he's just a puppet.

I post about Greta in the context of her status as a political icon, and one who will never actually read my views. Indeed, no one would have ever heard about her for any other reason, so why you resort to the infantile emotional framing of her as some innocuous child in complete ignorance of this fact, can only lead to questions about your own intelligence or integrity.

Seriously, who is the really disingenuous one here?

As a scientist and a non believer in telepathy, I cannot take any position as I am not aware of what he has or hasn't been informed, then accepted or denied.

I post about Greta in the context of her status as a political icon, and one who will never actually read my views. Indeed, no one would have ever heard about her for any other reason, so why you resort to the infantile emotional framing of her as some innocuous child in complete ignorance of this fact, can only lead to questions about your own intelligence or integrity.

oh hey, you're still posting in here, entirely unprompted, isn't that funny

A scientist examines the evidence. It is inconceivable that a scientist can't examine the evidence provided by Trump, literally by his own words and actions, that he has been unwilling to accept the advice of experts.

Your position relies on the infinitely unlikely scenario that every one of the technical experts at Trump's disposal is as incompetent as he is.

So yeah, we all know who's being disingenuous.

Word Salad

A scientist examines the evidence.

Correct.

It is inconceivable that a scientist can't examine the evidence provided by Trump, literally by his own words and actions, that he has been unwilling to accept the advice of experts.

Your premise is chock full of assumptions.

Please table the "expert" advice that was tabled to Donald Trump by his circle of "experts"?

This does not include someone on social media/tabloid news who is not responsible for advising the president.

Your position relies on the infinitely unlikely scenario that every one of the technical experts at Trump's disposal is as incompetent as he is.

Remember, "a scientist examines the evidence"?

Where is YOUR evidence to support this?

So yeah, we all know who's being disingenuous.

I'm prepared at this stage to concede that you are not actually being disingenuous.

It appears that you just blindly believe the reality that the POTA is analysing every source that you deem as "expert" on the internet, that all "exoperts" are in agreement, and then failing to enact an "advice" that in all likelihood never reaches his eyes & ears, he becomes an irresponsible failure.

Is this true?

Do you really believe that POTA's are some omnipresent consciousness who have nothing better to do but analyze your selected news sources?

I think you actually do!!!

Last edited:
- Jan 8th - First CDC warning

- **Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”**

- **Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."**

- **Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”**
- **Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”**
- **Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”**
- **Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”**
- **Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.”**
- **February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”**
- **Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”**

- **March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”**
- **March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”**
- **March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”**
- **March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”**
- **March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”**
- **March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”**
- **March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”**
- **March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”**
- **March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”**

- **March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”**
- **March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”**

March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]

- **March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”**

Correct.

Your premise is chock full of assumptions.

Please table the "expert" advice that was tabled to Donald Trump by his circle of "experts"?

This does not include someone on social media/tabloid news who is not responsible for advising the president.

Remember, "a scientist examines the evidence"?

Where is YOUR evidence to support this?

I'm prepared at this stage to concede that you are not actually being disingenuous.

It appears that you just blindly believe the reality that the POTA is analysing every sorce that you deem as "expert" on the internet, that all "exoperts" are in agreement, and then failing to enact an "advice" that in all likelihood never reaches his eyes & ears, he becomes an irresponsible failure.

Is this true?

Do you really believe that POTA's are some omnipresent consciousness which have nothing better to do but analyze your selected news sources?

I think you actually do!!!

Oh, FFS. Really?

Here's the short response. My "evidence" to support the statement "Your position relies on the infinitely unlikely scenario that every one of the technical experts at Trump's disposal is as incompetent as he is" is purely standard logic.

You originally asserted that you "cannot take any position as I am not aware of what he has or hasn't been informed, then accepted or denied" to counter my statement that "he doesn't accept science".

Given his numerous errant acts (shutting down the pandemic response unit, withdrawing CDC staff from China, shutting down travel late and with significant exceptions, not testing returned travellers, urging people to revolt against their states in lockdown, touting hydroxychloroquine, bleach and internal light, bitching about twitter for suggesting his lies are lies, etc. and that's just this year), then there is only one logical conclusion:

Either, he is not accepting science based and/or other expert advice. Or, (infinitely unlikely), he is receiving no advice or else ridiculously incompetent expert advice, on a range of issues.

There's no need to table specific documents - his decisions and mistakes are there for all to see. Either he received adequate advice and rejected it, or he received poor advice across the board. There are simply no logical grounds for defending him by running the "we don't know what he was advised" argument.

I'm not sure how much his actions have affected the trajectory of events over there, and I think the various governors of the states themselves have much to answer for.
As I understand it, the governors would have the burden of making calls on trade and travel restrictions much more than the president's office. But as the figure at the head of their nation he has performed poorly, with inconsistent and counterintuitive messaging, and failed at the task of steering the state governors to a United front. Wether or not another person could or would have performed better or worse is irrelevant as he is the man in the hot seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back