• USA? Who cares? I’m strayan

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • (Insert joke answer)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve misunderstood the word literally. And NZ is performing objectively better in managing this pandemic.

no.

1589419804090.png

Police have the same powers here atm.

Good thing Australia isn't hey...

i wasn't comparing them to Australia though. it was the fact that someone said NZ is a good example of democracy, they're far from it.

FFS they go around to people's houses if they make nasty comments on twitter about the government, thought police much.

no.

View attachment 875275

i wasn't comparing them to Australia though. it was the fact that someone said NZ is a good example of democracy, they're far from it.

FFS they go around to people's houses if they make nasty comments on twitter about the government, thought police much.

New Zealand is 4th mate

no.

View attachment 875275

be useful if you could provide some examples ? cant say I've seen or heard of much along those lines. There was a case a couple of years ago of an author who got raided by the police after he wrote a book about Dirty Politics which featured hacked information(private emails etc). The police were supposedly tracing how the information was obtained. The Author received an official apology and compensation.
There was also a case here where an anti terrorist sweep was performed on a Maori Activist group in the Urewera's. They also got an apology and compensation, though judging by the photos and other evidence they were lucky.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me considering how much is said through both Social and Official media attacking the government. I've no doubt that intelligence sources monitor whats been said, but after what happened in Christchurch I don't have a problem with that

New Zealand is 4th mate

so they're not first....

be useful if you could provide some examples ? cant say I've seen or heard of much along those lines. There was a case a couple of years ago of an author who got raided by the police after he wrote a book about Dirty Politics which featured hacked information(private emails etc). The police were supposedly tracing how the information was obtained. The Author received an official apology and compensation.
There was also a case here where an anti terrorist sweep was performed on a Maori Activist group in the Urewera's. They also got an apology and compensation, though judging by the photos and other evidence they were lucky.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me considering how much is said through both Social and Official media attacking the government. I've no doubt that intelligence sources monitor whats been said, but after what happened in Christchurch I don't have a problem with that

"but after what happened in Christchurch I don't have a problem with that"

i bet you love the saying "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about"

so they're not first....

i bet you love the saying "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about"

In the first example, the police were invited onto the property. That guy filming was being a smart @ss, youtube hero. Not quite a police state there.

so they're not first....

And why were the police there? The people were obviously identified as possible threats. Were they connected to the terrorist shooter? Online or otherwise? Did they make threats of violence on social media?

New Zealand is 4th mate

Love the fact Australia scores ten’s in elections and civil liberties but less in functioning government and political participation, considering we have to vote and how many prime ministers we’ve had in the last decade, it’s a fair cop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so they're not first....

Apply some of that critical thinking to yourself when taking some you tubers at their word.

Honestly lol at this convo..
In the last couple of years we’ve had a senator egged and someone got a relative slap on the wrist for head butting a former PM. And in all practical terms NZ has the same freedoms we enjoy.

I wonder what would happen if someone head butted say George Bush?

Honestly lol at this convo..
In the last couple of years we’ve had a senator egged and someone got a relative slap on the wrist for head butting a former PM. And in all practical terms NZ has the same freedoms we enjoy.

I wonder what would happen if someone head butted say George Bush?

Don’t ex presidents still get secret service detail? They’d probably get shot over there. In China half your family would disappear

Yesterday America passed a law that the FBI can preform warrantless surveillance on anyone’s web browsing history.
We've got to assume that everything that is out there is tracked, or will be tracked. Internet, bank accounts, GPS movements. The only way out of it is to lose the smart phone, go offline, use cash only, don't put your name on any mortgages or rental leases, don't register the car.

If you are a person of interest, law enforcement can track all that now.

That's why I don't get the aversion to the COVID app. If you have a smart phone, you are already tracked, and in far greater detail than the app will be able to do.

Last edited:
He sooked up. They asked when was a better time to come back and chat.

POLICE OPPRESSION. LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE.

We’ve got a few of these types in Australia. Imagine they experienced genuine oppression or brutality.
Good example of oppression...

We've got to assume that everything that is out there is tracked, or will be tracked. Internet, bank accounts, GPS movements. The only way out of it is to lose the smart phone, go offline, use cash only, don't put your name on any mortgages or rental leases, don't register the car.

If you are a person of interest, law enforcement can track all that now.

Yeah but without a warrant they can monitor anyone and use it against them. That’s Chinese Communist type monitoring.

Yeah but without a warrant they can monitor anyone and use it against them. That’s Chinese Communist type monitoring.
I’ve got a feeling it’s not related to specific individual but rather an on going case.

I believe they get plus three steps when they get a surveillance warrant. Which means if someone at your organisation gets tapped, you’re one step, your family is number two and any of their connections is number three..

So now think of it in terms of getting a fisa warrant on say gen. Flynn.

Oh and I thought it was a house bill blocked in the senate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back