sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Yeah but without a warrant they can monitor anyone and use it against them. That’s Chinese Communist type monitoring.
I think there are a variety of ways that they can get around that. eg. if you are a suspected unlawful non citizen, s 18 of the migration act says you can get anything on them.

I am not sure about the terrorism act, but I reckon if there was some form of "reasonable suspicion" they could access you stuff. I might have just crossed the reasonable suspicion threshold by opening that racist NZ youtube clip above :rolleyes:

I just accept that if I chose to use any online stuff (ie. engage with modern society) that it could be used against me. It's crap, but that where we are at.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so they're not first....

"but after what happened in Christchurch I don't have a problem with that"

i bet you love the saying "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about"

I love it a lot more than 50 people being murdered mate.
Take the tinfoil hat off and have a think..what if it was one of your family ? You'd be the first calling for surveillance of these nutjobs.
They're not sitting online talking about Trump and what a fine man he his, they're trying to incite violence.
There's a big difference between freedom of speech, and using the internet as a tool to incite gullible idiots to commit crime

Did the guy say on the youtube what he'd been up to ? I didn't watch the whole thing because frankly he came across as a bit of a dick.
But looks like we're only getting one side of the story here.

Coalface

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2015
Jakarta
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fish Creek Football Club
I guess the mods can shut this thread once we get the results of this poll.
1589431638448.png

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so much sooking over St Ardern being like the rest of the scummy politicians and NZ having a terrible government....just like Australian (heaven forbid i don't mention we're no better!)

nah nothing wrong with police questioning people over social media comments, no thought policing happening there (as long as they align with your own political views)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so much sooking over St Ardern being like the rest of the scummy politicians and NZ having a terrible government....just like Australian (heaven forbid i don't mention we're no better!)

nah nothing wrong with police questioning people over social media comments, no thought policing happening there (as long as they align with your own political views)

Can you answer the question of what the social media comments were? Context is everything.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has to fake.

Surely.

Maybe.
I posted about shareblue the other day.. media matters for America is another one of David Brocks.

he’s another fruit loop, who gets paid way to much money to direct elections. I’ve also got a hunch Will Ferrell s character Mugatu is based on him.

17firstdraft-brock-tmagArticle.jpg

Last edited:
The focus on Trump in relation to this topic is indicative of OCD.
The topic is "Trump handling of Covid 19" Its the fricking thread title. This is one thread, to discuss Trump and his handling. There is another whole thread that focuses on Covid.

If you don't want to talk about Trumps handling of Covid, just ignore the thread.

For someone so rational you really are a certified moron at times.

no.

View attachment 875275

i wasn't comparing them to Australia though. it was the fact that someone said NZ is a good example of democracy, they're far from it.

FFS they go around to people's houses if they make nasty comments on twitter about the government, thought police much.

Have you got some evidence of this?

In the first example, the police were invited onto the property. That guy filming was being a smart @ss, youtube hero. Not quite a police state there.

Not only that, they were polite but left when he didn't turn off his camera.

They didn't take his camera, damage it and charge him. Can you even film coppers in Australia any more?

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Not only that, they were polite but left when he didn't turn off his camera.

They didn't take his camera, damage it and charge him. Can you even film coppers in Australia any more?
Absolutely you can. They can't touch you or take anything unless you are being arrested

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Which one?
Guessing this from NY times:

RIGHT NOW

President Trump said he has been taking hydroxychloroquine, an unproven drug against Covid-19, as a preventive measure for a week and a half. The F.D.A. has warned that the drug can cause dangerous heart rhythm abnormalities in coronavirus patients.

And what the heck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back