Opinion The man that is Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

It is just that I have seen you make that comment to other posters in the past and was so predictable.
I did point out to you previously that I have no intention in engaging with you on any topics as your posting history and responses is such as the one I just responded to.
I don't have you on ignore as you do amuse me and laughter is always a good thing.
I haven't made that specific comment before. You are projecting.

But I get that you don't like debating issues contrary to your POV. Which is quite sad as it is reminiscent of a totalitarian mindset. Folk are so polarized these days.

I haven't made that specific comment before. You are projecting.

But I get that you don't like debating issues contrary to your POV. Which is quite sad as it is reminiscent of a totalitarian mindset. Folk are so polarized these days.
You sure you aren't thinking of Trump?

You sure you aren't thinking of Trump?
Your response is a non sequitur. See what I wrote earlier here below - which you can't or won't comment on.

You don't deal with it. All you can do is snipe. I am no Trump fan (but I am a moderate Libertarian - look it up).

I wrote this back in July 2016, and it still holds:

"There is clearly a backlash by the average voter/independent against the professional political nomenklatura and their donors/enablers/sponsors. This has resulted in candidates such as Trump (and the flip side Bernie Sanders). Years ago we had an equivalent in Ross Perot. Political mavericks in some ways. Hillary Clinton is by comparison your typical career politician.

There are other reasons as well, such as the current US administration not enforcing Federal law in a number of key areas, including border control; free trade agreements and outsourcing of US jobs/work visa abuses; the politicization of the IRS, DOJ and others; the high cost of health care under Obamacare.
Overall I would say that many voters feel disenfranchised with the changing of normative America.There is also an air of disillusionment about the 2 main parties, who are increasingly seen as 2 ears on the same pig, feeding at the trough. At election time distinctions are drawn along party lines, but post-election it is business as usual for the professional political class.

This vibe is particularly noticeable in the independents/swinging voters, who are dismayed at having to choose between Hillary and Trump. The choice kind of echoes the old joke - whoever wants to be a politician should automatically be disqualified from running."

I omitted the MSM, which got its collective ass handed to it.

And re the immigration pause -

"8 U.S. Code § 1182 – Inadmissible aliens.
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

In 1979, Carter suspended all Iranians from entry into the country. Obama ditto re Iraqis.

Using religion as a screening test is permitted by US law. Up until 1952 there was a total ban specifically on Muslims because it was understood that their religion prohibited them from swearing allegiance to a non-Muslim constitution and set of secular laws.

But, hey, haters gonna hate.

PS here is a relevant link, context-wise.

http://cis.org/1965ImmigrationAct-MassImmigration

Your response is a non sequitur. See what I wrote earlier here below - which you can't or won't comment on.

You don't deal with it. All you can do is snipe. I am no Trump fan (but I am a moderate Libertarian - look it up).

I wrote this back in July 2016, and it still holds:

"There is clearly a backlash by the average voter/independent against the professional political nomenklatura and their donors/enablers/sponsors. This has resulted in candidates such as Trump (and the flip side Bernie Sanders). Years ago we had an equivalent in Ross Perot. Political mavericks in some ways. Hillary Clinton is by comparison your typical career politician.

There are other reasons as well, such as the current US administration not enforcing Federal law in a number of key areas, including border control; free trade agreements and outsourcing of US jobs/work visa abuses; the politicization of the IRS, DOJ and others; the high cost of health care under Obamacare.
Overall I would say that many voters feel disenfranchised with the changing of normative America.There is also an air of disillusionment about the 2 main parties, who are increasingly seen as 2 ears on the same pig, feeding at the trough. At election time distinctions are drawn along party lines, but post-election it is business as usual for the professional political class.

This vibe is particularly noticeable in the independents/swinging voters, who are dismayed at having to choose between Hillary and Trump. The choice kind of echoes the old joke - whoever wants to be a politician should automatically be disqualified from running."

I omitted the MSM, which got its collective ass handed to it.

And re the immigration pause -

"8 U.S. Code § 1182 – Inadmissible aliens.
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

In 1979, Carter suspended all Iranians from entry into the country. Obama ditto re Iraqis.

Using religion as a screening test is permitted by US law. Up until 1952 there was a total ban specifically on Muslims because it was understood that their religion prohibited them from swearing allegiance to a non-Muslim constitution and set of secular laws.

But, hey, haters gonna hate.
TLDR
PS here is a relevant link, context-wise.

http://cis.org/1965ImmigrationAct-MassImmigration

Your response is a fine but somewhat tragic example of metaphysical solipsism.

But there you go...
I thought I had made it very clear that I don't want to engage with you on this topic. And yet you persist. Go figure?
Sorry that I reject your reality.

Are you aware that Trump is President and it is a thread on Trump?
Yes. Yes I am. I was just commenting on the picture.

Here's a different viewpoint about how big those shoes actually are from a Trump Hater and self confessed 'Democratic Progressive'.
He's a Bernie Sanders supporter who is passionate about reforming the Democratic Party so they return to being a party for the people, not Wall St etc.
When your shoes are that big and you throw your support behind Clinton and lose to someone like Trump, then maybe the cartoonist should realise he needs a smaller size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No drones in the picture:huh:
They're hidden inside his huge shoes along with the prosecution of whistleblowers, and changing the definition of illegal immigrant to make Obama look better.

Here's a different viewpoint about how big those shoes actually are from a Trump Hater and self confessed 'Democratic Progressive'.
He's a Bernie Sanders supporter who is passionate about reforming the Democratic Party so they return to being a party for the people, not Wall St etc.
When your shoes are that big and you throw your support behind Clinton and lose to someone like Trump, then maybe the cartoonist should realise he needs a smaller size.

Waste of time, did not watch got enough out of your post.

Funny man, stick to the pies.
What? You can't handle someone else having different political views in the echo chamber that is BigFooty.

What? You can't handle someone else having different political views in the echo chamber that is BigFooty.
If you want to discuss Trump, no problems. Not interested in drones, or the previous Presidents edicts re immigration.
New President, new administration, new policies, new direction.

Waste of time, did not watch got enough out of your post.

It's sometimes healthy to watch an alternate view. I certainly don't agree with a lot of what Jimmy Dore is about (diametrically opposed in fact) but it's good food for thought and opens up new ideas and ways of looking at things, even if you dismiss it.

Shame your stuck in your dogma.

C'mon guys, balance. Respect others opinions. Stop the personal attacks. :(

All drone talk needs to be directed to NT Thunder, he's the drone man. :D

It's sometimes healthy to watch an alternate view. I certainly don't agree with a lot of what Jimmy Dore is about (diametrically opposed in fact) but it's good food for thought and opens up new ideas and ways of looking at things, even if you dismiss it.

Shame your stuck in your dogma.
I have made it well known on the SRP site that I don't watch vids put up by posters especially when their post or posting history aleady indicates their point of view.
I have visited a number of sites, read and researched various reports on Trump over the past 12 months and formed my views based on those observations. Further have watched a great deal of live reports where he has spoken.
Just in case, I was not a Hilarary fan but did like Bernie.
So not stuck in my dogma but based my position on Trump on many, many and various information sources.
I didn't overnight just decide that I find the man repulsive!

I have made it well known on the SRP site that I don't watch vids put up by posters especially when their post or posting history aleady indicates their point of view.
I have visited a number of sites, read and researched various reports on Trump over the past 12 months and formed my views based on those observations. Further have watched a great deal of live reports where he has spoken.
Just in case, I was not a Hilarary fan but did like Bernie.
So not stuck in my dogma but based my position on Trump on many, many and various information sources.
I didn't overnight just decide that I find the man repulsive!

So you missed the whole point, it's about Obama, not Trump or Hillary.
If you actually read my post you would have known that. (I know you did, but chose another tact).
It may be an insight into why a man like Trump prevailed at the election and the role that Obama played in his victory.
(along with Reagan, Clinton and Bush, but that's a longer story).
You chose to read into a post what suits your political views, not what's actually written.
It's a shame, I watch Jimmy Dore even though he believes/advocates things that I'm totally opposed to.
You may find it liberating to the same.
It may also help you confirm/dispel the halo you obviously have around Obamas head.

Not watching the vid had nothing to do with your view of Trump as I clearly stated it was about Obama, it had everything to do with not availing yourself of an opposing view about Obama ..................... that's a shame.

So you missed the whole point, it's about Obama, not Trump or Hillary.
If you actually read my post you would have known that. (I know you did, but chose another tact).
It may be an insight into why a man like Trump prevailed at the election and the role that Obama played in his victory.
(along with Reagan, Clinton and Bush, but that's a longer story).
You chose to read into a post what suits your political views, not what's actually written.
It's a shame, I watch Jimmy Dore even though he believes/advocates things that I'm totally opposed to.
You may find it liberating to the same.
It may also help you confirm/dispel the halo you obviously have around Obamas head.

Not watching the vid had nothing to do with your view of Trump as I clearly stated it was about Obama, it had everything to do with not availing yourself of an opposing view about Obama ..................... that's a shame.
Didn't miss it all, thought I made it clear that this is thread about Trump.
Start another thread on Obama if you wish.

Didn't miss it all, thought I made it clear that this is thread about Trump.
Start another thread on Obama if you wish.
Trump evil/thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back