Try the updated BigFooty site style

Remove this Banner Ad

Try out the new theme - click "Cool" down the bottom left of the site:

tryoutcool18-openstylechooser.PNG

Select "use default style" :

tryoutcool18-selectdefaultstyle.PNG

Feedback Thread

This style has now launched, so you can provide feedback here, after reading the OP:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-style-upgrade-feedback-and-bugs.1199326/

Attachments

• tryoutcool18-selectcool18.PNG
    tryoutcool18-selectcool18.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

• Admin
Not a fan tbh. Looks a bit devolved compared to the current. Previous limited time theme was pretty good IMO.
The reasoning from our point of view is that it is an updated version of the existing theme which has been hacked to bits over the last 6 years.

The reasoning from our point of view is that it is an updated version of the existing theme which has been hacked to bits over the last 6 years.
Not gonna lie I’m warming to it now that I’ve used it for a bit. Although there’s a couple things that might need fixing before the site wide roll out.

• Admin
Not gonna lie I’m warming to it now that I’ve used it for a bit. Although there’s a couple things that might need fixing before the site wide roll out.
What do you think those are? We can look at anything.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Very clean.

I'm not sure if it's just my monitor's colour settings but the colours of the names of users and moderators look very similar. The bar to separate posts isn't very clear either, when scrolling it looks similar to the dotted line separating signatures. Might be that because I'm running at 1440p and everything is smaller than at 1080p. I'm not sure if this is a criticism or an observation. I'll use the theme for a while and see if I adapt.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Very clean.

I'm not sure if it's just my monitor's colour settings but the colours of the names of users and moderators look very similar. The bar to separate posts isn't very clear either, when scrolling it looks similar to the dotted line separating signatures. I'm not sure if this is a criticism or an observation. I'll use the theme for a while and see if I adapt.
This is the only small issue for me also.

But functionality is fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't like it; harder to read on a browser than the current theme. Something about the colours / contrast / font combination just doesn't work well.

More noticeable when using it for an extended period; i'm on a 2560 x 1440 resolution so may be different on a different screen res.

Think it might be a combination of font size and the delineation between posts being less obvious.

771184a040.png

3bb01e9a35.png

Don't like it; harder to read on a browser than the current theme. Something about the colours / contrast / font combination just doesn't work well.

More noticeable when using it for an extended period; i'm on a 2560 x 1440 resolution so may be different on a different screen res.

Think it might be a combination of font size and the delineation between posts being less obvious.

771184a040.png

3bb01e9a35.png
Tiny difference in font size - the old one is "10pt" which on mine comes out to 13.33333px.

On the new one it is 13px.

I have reasonably bad eyesight but I can't see that it is that much different.

I'll play around with it.

Txiki

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looks good Chief.

Not sold on the new button hover/shadow effect. It's a bit distracting.

Has this impacted the mobile theme somehow? I’m getting some usernames in black instead of the usual grey, along with the mod green and blue.
Yes I'm changing colours to get a difference between mods and users.

Something is screwing that up though.

On mobile, at least for me, the button tabs for like, report et al looks like a dogs breakfast.

The scaling, spacing and arrangement is poor and from a user interface seems less “ visually appealing and functional” than the previous iteration.

The rest I’m getting used to.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I like the reply button to the left as I’m constantly activating reply by accident while scrolling. Theno a laborious (select all) (delete) (scroll up to find where I was) ensues .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back