Trying to keep a lid on it! 2017 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

after the first quarter i was talking to my son about booking flights for our GF appearance, all will be sweet i have a september membership.

Hipwood and Andrews will both be Hall of Famers.
In terms of his capacity to read the play and out position his opponent, Andrews reminds be of a Gary Pert style defender, minus the rebound. As he grows in confidence I can see him closing down opponents and providing some drive out of defence. He is a champion in waiting. I loved the mark Andrews took in the last quarter when he read the ball better than anyone and took it in the Forward Pocket.

Hipwood could be anything. The sky is the limit there. He is an absolute GUN already. Joe Daniher gets the media, but Hipwood is miles ahead of him.

In terms of his capacity to read the play and out position his opponent, Andrews reminds be of a Gary Pert style defender, minus the rebound. As he grows in confidence I can see him closing down opponents and providing some drive out of defence. He is a champion in waiting. I loved the mark Andrews took in the last quarter when he read the ball better than anyone and took it in the Forward Pocket.

Hipwood could be anything. The sky is the limit there. He is an absolute GUN already. Joe Daniher gets the media, but Hipwood is miles ahead of him.
Was watching Daniher the other night and thinking the exact same thing. Faster, smarter and a better grab. Not biased of course.

Harris Andrews is the modern day Dustin Fletcher but with a bigger frame. He just seems to perfectly harass his opponent without giving away a free kick. He is now 202cm too:eek:

Anyone else enjoy dermie whinging for most of the game about how lucky Harris was with his tactics on Lynch?:cool:

Hipwood, I don't know who to compare him to? While obviously he is not tearing games apart yet, who at the same age with such a skinny build and at 202cm was able to kick 60 meter goals and go around picking ground balls up one handed and take contested marks all while flinging himself into packs at full pace? He could be anything:D

Looking forward to seeing Schache with another preseason under his belt too.

Harris Andrews is the modern day Dustin Fletcher but with a bigger frame. He just seems to perfectly harass his opponent without giving away a free kick. He is now 202cm too:eek:

Anyone else enjoy dermie whinging for most of the game about how lucky Harris was with his tactics on Lynch?:cool:
On the Couch last night they had a bit to say about it. Both Dunstall and Lynch said Harris's tactics were fine and both reckon forwards are a protected species under the current interpretation. Coincidentally, Dunstall also highlighted a couple of non-decisions for htb that went against the girls on Sat and said they were pretty stiff. Both were in the forward arc and the last was a clear as day incorrect disposal by Phillips in the dying seconds. All Healy could typically offer was a sarcastic where are you from, Qld?

Yep Andrews and Hipwood are extremely exciting young, key position prospects. Fagan must consider himself very lucky to walk into a job in which he needs to rebuild a side and he already has Andrews/Hipwood at each end of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Andrews and Hipwood are extremely exciting young, key position prospects. Fagan must consider himself very lucky to walk into a job in which he needs to rebuild a side and he already has Andrews/Hipwood at each end of the ground.

Thank god for the academy. Hopefully Ballenden turns out to be just as good.

We've already achieved something we couldn't do last year. Opposition supporters (i.e Essendon's) are worried we might actually beat them this week. Even though they characterise it as a potential upset, it feels bloody good just the same.

Watched Talia in the gws v crows game and he does the same things and is applauded for his work. Couldn't agree more with you about dermie's comments, in fact it irritated me when kept it up through the match. Still hits a nerve :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back