Trying to keep a lid on it! 2017 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else enjoy dermie whinging for most of the game about how lucky Harris was with his tactics on Lynch?:cool:

Watched Talia in the gws v crows game and he does the same things and is applauded for his work. Couldn't agree more with you about dermie's comments, in fact it irritated me when kept it up through the match. Still hits a nerve :mad:
I think in part that would be because he is one who has been quite vocal in saying that Tom Lynch could be the best palyer in the game and definately the best Forward in the game.
He was just disappointed his man was being beaten at the contest.

Five days before our game, Derm was on SEN;
HAWTHORN great Dermott Brereton believes Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch is the best player in the AFL.
This is despite Champion Data rating the 24-year-old as the fifth best forward in the competition.
But Brereton, who played in five flags for Hawthorn, believes the stats are skewed by the Suns poor 2016 in which they ranked 14th for inside 50s and won just six games.
Indeed if he could select any player in the competition, Brereton wouldn’t pick Patrick Dangerfield, Nat Fyfe or even Lance Franklin. Lynch would be his man.

“(Lynch) is the best player in the comp,” Brereton told SEN.

“If you gave me an open chequebook and said start a club, who do you want to buy first? Tom Lynch is my number one target. Bar none … The best player at your club to build around, it is Tom Lynch.”
Having declared Lynch the king of football just 5 days earlier, of course he had to defend his stance. The only way Lynch couldn't be the greatest afield, would be if his opponent was a cheat, right?
I think his game commentary was more about defending his earlier opinion than Lynch himself.

His basic premise is the defender can't touch the forward before the ball arrives. Lynch, who usually doesn't like to disagree with co-commentators, said yes you can, as long as you don't hold. It's all a bit amusing coming from Dermie who was one of the most aggressive and cynical forwards ever to play the game. Maybe Lynch needs to learn a few tricks.

His basic premise is the defender can't touch the forward before the ball arrives. Lynch, who usually doesn't like to disagree with co-commentators, said yes you can, as long as you don't hold. It's all a bit amusing coming from Dermie who was one of the most aggressive and cynical forwards ever to play the game. Maybe Lynch needs to learn a few tricks.
Actually the best quote was when he was challenged on this and asked "What rule", Derm responded with "The prior contact rule".
I still can't find that one.

Don't care what they say about harris' tactics. You play the whistle, you go the ball hard and body spoil when and if you can. That is the dna of our game and I love the way he goes about it. Alright the lid is coming off.... he's is going to be awesome. Sorry couldn't contain it:oops:

Umpires will ping Harris this week too. That's what really shits me

No they won't Ken. That's against the rules. The umpires have great morales I expect a big win to kick off our march to September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back