TSL licenses 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Part Three

Thank you JM71 for posting great interview by Paul Andrew and Steve. As a Glenorchy supporter and based on the fact that two of the four SWL clubs that were on the base $50 000 junior development funding (Hobart and North Hobart are gone) I am worried. I am also worried for North Launceston that AFL Tasmania might have installed for them, as was mentioned By Steve Allie the bit about KGV and AFL Tasmania dealing directly with the Glenorchy City Council raises a RED FLAG

As Stevie Allie said fair enough South Launceston and Devonport getting extra funding to bring them up to a competitive playing standard, but why would Burnie and Clarence need extra funding? There is no level playing field in this Comp at the moment and it will get less equitable with AFL Tas being part owners of the three or maybe four clubs going forward.
Good point raised by Paul Curtin about the number of players being drafted from the SWL has not increased from prior to the regional league so the pathway spin from AFL Tasmania is bunkum.

Another good point they raised about Tassie Devils the concept worked AFL Tasmania could not mange it properly and stuffed it by aligning themselves with North Melbourne, where they took away the pathway for local players to make way for the Kangaroos seconds

Many great points, this is the time to ACT.

Never mentioned the $500,000 AFL Tas spent on the twin ovals
the only reason Hobart and North FC are fighting for survival

It would be an interesting to know what the AFL (big island!) are budgeting for the revamped NEAFL competition that includes Canberra, NSW, QLD and Darwin.

The restructure to a 14 team competition (4 AFL reserves sides), means that there will be costs for accommodation and travelling for the non AFL clubs.

I wonder if AFL Tasmania are asking for additional funds to help their restructuring plans?

It would be an interesting to know what the AFL (big island!) are budgeting for the revamped NEAFL competition that includes Canberra, NSW, QLD and Darwin.

The restructure to a 14 team competition (4 AFL reserves sides), means that there will be costs for accommodation and travelling for the non AFL clubs.

I wonder if AFL Tasmania are asking for additional funds to help their restructuring plans?

Any additional funds would go towards AFLTas/Wade being able to totally buy off the the TFC & bully the other TSL clubs into Wade gaining control. He is building an empire to have control & money & hide any past 'irregularities'.
See how that grabs ya!:eek:
As big Slamin Sam says,'You know it makes sense' :p

Accountability and the Tasmanian parliament don't really go that well together. At least, not at any point in the last 30 years or more. AFL Tas, Tas Labor and Tas Liberals are about as incompetent as each other, with similar levels of cronyism and many of the same people.

Accountability and the Tasmanian parliament don't really go that well together. At least, not at any point in the last 30 years or more. AFL Tas, Tas Labor and Tas Liberals are about as incompetent as each other, with similar levels of cronyism and many of the same people.

Have to agree, this is just a big act by the government acting like they are helping Tasmanian football. You always see them together in the function room wining and dining. Only worrying about themselves

Likely that NHFC will be renamed Hobart City Demons.

Other than a new jumper (same colours with a likely demon on the front & NHFC on rear top of jumper like the lions, bulldogs, swans), everything will basically stay the same.

Well done AFL Tasmania, how many hours and dollars was wasted on this exercise. Obviously due diligence is not high on their agenda!!!

Other than a new jumper (same colours with a likely demon on the front & NHFC on rear top of jumper like the lions, bulldogs, swans), everything will basically stay the same.

Well done AFL Tasmania, how many hours and dollars was wasted on this exercise. Obviously due diligence is not high on their agenda!!!

Well they have been busy shifting the furniture out of Youngtown over to Prospect. Also reviving the Devonport corpse. Oh, & also pumping up Kingston with their impressive new branding change, you know, from the massive change from being the Kingston Tigers, to the Tigers (who play at Kingston):p

So North Hobart football club (with all that history we have been hearing about ) have sold out
their sole to Mr Wade(the winner) by changing its name. I assume this will go right down to the juniors
Thats why the REAL HOBART FOOTBALL CLUB ,walked away with our money
as Wade cannot be trusted

They got what they wanted, the expulsion of Hobart for no good reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So North Hobart football club (with all that history we have been hearing about ) have sold out
their sole to Mr Wade(the winner) by changing its name. I assume this will go right down to the juniors
Thats why the REAL HOBART FOOTBALL CLUB ,walked away with our money
as Wade cannot be trusted

Sounds like you got an axe to grind with North Hobart. You like me are a saints supporter, go out and set fire to a dwarf, it might make you feel better.

Leave the little people alone!.
I'd rather burn down Argyle st, during office hours (except wednesday golf day) , 9 to 5.:rolleyes:
Have heard Barnes running around trying to ex AFL players to coach the new team absolute joke ,I have posted before they have had 4 from Tas apply one in Vic and 1 in WA and the interesting thing is the one from WA is ex Tassie boy who I happened to play with but can't exactly confirm that yet but trying but if it is he would be an excellent coach because he was a champion young footballer but if they only knew the mess that this is all causing I don't reckon anyone would want it and Lance Spaulding is he getting looked after or what his list isn't that bad but gee he has had his chance but being Armstrongs mate I guess means he will always get a job with AFL Tas it's a mates club and nothing more full stop....

Well next Thursday the members of North Hobart'sFootball club will decide on a TSL or SFL future. This is after the Hobart City Football Club board agreeing to the Demons logo and red and blue colours for the new entity.
Two motions will be put to the members:

1) Taking a 50 per cent stake in the new entity with the Demons logo, red and blue colours, It's A Grand Old Flag club song, current North Hobart awards, playing out of North Hobart Oval and abandoning its SFL licence application.
or
2) is to go back to the SFL as the North Hobart Football Club.

Follow the link for the full story again at the Mercury (A Busy night for Brett Stubbs three stories:thumbsu:)
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...h-hobarts-future/story-fnj4f7h7-1226710959652

Anyone here have a feel for how the Demon members will vote?
Over at The face Book Page "Tasmanian Football Scores & News" (see link in my sig) our old friend Duff has written
"Trent Bartlett is rumored to be announced very soon as the inaugural coach of the Hobart City Demons."

What I find strange is that existing club being forced out of the league to accomodate new clubs coming in. Why can't new club be admitted without taking licenses off existing club and just expanding the competition?

What I find strange is that existing club being forced out of the league to accomodate new clubs coming in. Why can't new club be admitted without taking licenses off existing club and just expanding the competition?

Very simple ans, Dominic Baker (chairman of AFL Tas) is from Kingston,and played with them.
Scott Wade also played their
So when they wasted $500,000 of footy money on the twin ovals (money from the boys,big noting themselves).
AFL VIC have put the pressure on ,wondering why a country team/ground received such generous support.
easy ans ,make them a TSL team,at the expense of HFC

Very simple ans, Dominic Baker (chairman of AFL Tas) is from Kingston,and played with them.
Scott Wade also played their
So when they wasted $500,000 of footy money on the twin ovals (money from the boys,big noting themselves).
AFL VIC have put the pressure on ,wondering why a country team/ground received such generous support.
easy ans ,make them a TSL team,at the expense of HFC

It gets back to the shyte way they set the TSL up in the first place. No idea, no care no planning. I still dont see how they can get the league running in profit with new clubs next year. Devonport is a cot case. Kingston & prospect will need a lot of help, NHFC is NOT over the line yet. Other clubs are struggling I'm told. So where is it going?

Howard Littlejohn the only reasons Hobart was invited in for talks was simply the cash reserves which they were trying to get there hands on. AFL Tasmania undermined them for the last two seasons, I wish Hobart well in the SFL
I don't know enough to comment on the first bit. It certainly would not surprise me if that was the only resaon Hobart were invited into the "merger" deal, after the separate bid process had begun.

The second is definitely true, with Wade and Baker having taken every opportunity to take potshots at Hobart in the Mercury for 2-3 years, continually denigrating the club and its facilities rather than supporting all clubs as they should have been doing.

, NHFC is NOT over the line yet. Other clubs are struggling I'm told. So where is it going?
This is what worries me going forward if existing clubs like Glenorchy are struggling in the TSL how are brand New Clubs going to survive unless they get heaps more Money from Argyle Street than the established clubs, and how can that be fair and equable when AFL Tasmania have a vested interest in the New Clubs with 50% ownership.

I have only talked to a few North Hobart members supporters and I would say it is far from being a done deal going forward into the new Hobart Demons TSL team.

The thing is the Hobart City Football Club is a brand new football club not just a re-brand of the North Hobart football club, much like the Southern Cats was not a rebrand of the Sandy Bay Football Club even though they shared the same colours (although in different pattern) and a lot of the same people. Sure North Hobart hold 50% of the license (which I still don’t really understand how that works in practical terms as AFLTAS seem to have final say on everything and there is an independent board set up to govern the club that still has 2 Hobart football club people on it) and even if the colours and logo were adopted by the new club so there is the obvious link and a lot of supporters and players moved over are the members of NHFC going to be satisfied to effectively see the end of North Hobart Football club as a senior football club? Sure for the first few years it might not be too bad but after that who will actually be the North Hobart Football club that holds 50% of the license if they are not playing in a competition? just an ongoing board? I know it was a question Hobart asked itself before pulling out of their 50% share.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back