TSL players who could play AFL..

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe has explosive pace, being more athletic and taller than Baldock. Not sure whether he has the work rate and running capacity either. What position could he play at AFL? Half forward flank? Imagine back flankers running off him...

Having said this, Baldy has plenty of footy to play, but AFL is a little unrealistic. How old is Baldy anyway? 20? Jackson O'brien would have to be the best 20 year old getting around - by a long way! Or am I missing anyone of note?
Maybe not now but would turn a few heads at VFL level and that is where a rookie would play most of their footy, plenty of work for him building or butchering in Melbourne, maybe even as a grave digger-thats what Carlton did to Craig Cross , the gun from Zeehan

Watson you are very Sth Launie Biased.

What has Mitch Thorp actually done this year? Anything?

poor mitch hills cant take a trick with injuries, agree he is a good player but not AFL standard.

and mitch thorp is a washed up hack.

Hills is currently Caretaker coach/injured forward for South Launie?

Can play the game there is no doubt, but nowhere near AFL standard
Thorp did have the talent. Not so sure if he does these days to have another crack.

Goodluck getting him away from Greens Hotel VIP membership and red carpet rolled out for him every week, if Jeremy Howe made it no reason Buckets cant make it beautiful contested mark, needs Laycock to stop giving him goalkicking tips and he would kick more than 4 a week

Baldock looks set to give it a crack with his name been talked about in the WAFL-SANFL for next year.

Hard Pre-Season and No VIP trips to Greens Could Baldock make it on to afl list in 2-3 years?

With him being 23 years old this year his time to step up is now.

Great news about Daniel Joseph from Glenorchy getting a draft invite.

With all due respect I don't think anyone from outside Tasmania realise how good these Mariners boys are.

A very good chance that all 6 draft invitees will get drafted.

Also I think at least a couple of the state test invitees are in with a rookie chance.

Hopefully McKenzie will go, as this kid is an old style footballer.

With all due respect I don't think anyone from outside Tasmania realise how good these Mariners boys are.
I think they've got a fair idea....after all it's the 18 AFL clubs who are based outside Tasmania who pick the kids that are going to draft camp!

Good result for Tasmanian footy this year to get 10 players being tested, I still think 3-4 draftees is probably realistic and then a couple of rookies but it's good these guys are being acknowledged for their form this year.

The Mariners embarrassed a couple of TAC Cup sides earlier in the year, holding one team goalless for a match, and take out the games against Div 1 sides they were unbeaten against the Div 2 opponents. They couldn't have done much more as a team to impress talent scouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they've got a fair idea....after all it's the 18 AFL clubs who are based outside Tasmania who pick the kids that are going to draft camp!

Good result for Tasmanian footy this year to get 10 players being tested, I still think 3-4 draftees is probably realistic and then a couple of rookies but it's good these guys are being acknowledged for their form this year.

The Mariners embarrassed a couple of TAC Cup sides earlier in the year, holding one team goalless for a match, and take out the games against Div 1 sides they were unbeaten against the Div 2 opponents.

Fair call!

Probably should have qualified that statement.

It does seem when reading these mock drafts that many of the Tassie boys are forgotten. I realise that it is difficult for non Tasmanians to view these boys.

Obviously the recruiters have recognised the talent. Just wondering your thoughts on who is drafted/rookied and their rankings.

aparently richmond have asked kaine waller to nominate for the draft :)
thats great news for waller. i really hope some scouts had a serious look at speedy standen on the weekend. would be worth a rookie spot for a club willing to roll the dice.
looking at clubs small forwards like ballantyne, thomas, nahas etc i would think he could compete with some of them. good contested mark for his size & strong as an ox

What a scream, some of the names mentioned are way off the pace and skill levels to be even mentioned. The only ones I think who maybe a chance are one or two of the Mariner boys who might get onto a rookie list, but please, the State League is a basket case and the better teams like Launceston are nowhere near as good as they were a few years ago when they won the NTFL flag.

bombers in the process of putting together a dvd for clubs. melbourne also interested in him
what songs is he signing?

Just ponder this, how many Kaine Wallers would there be, running around footy comps all over the country? He goes ok in the TSL but do you really think he is a better bet than a VFL reserves player of a AFLcombined listed club like Williamstown for instance, Shane Puselli couldn't even hold down a regular spot in VFL and he is a better player than Waller will ever be and I'm not having a cheapy at Waller, just being relistic.

Jeremy Howe wasn't Dodges Ferrys best player and he wasn't Hobarts either. KW goes ok? How many times did you see him play this year? How many times have you seen him play at all? He's a bloody good player.

Jeremy Howe wasn't Dodges Ferrys best player and he wasn't Hobarts either. KW goes ok? How many times did you see him play this year? How many times have you seen him play at all? He's a bloody good player.

He is good TSL player. Just don't think there is as much improvement in him compared to so say, a J.Howe, to make it in the big league

Plenty of TSL players you would hope you be ahead of him

Bowden
Murphy
Brown
Dobosz + the Mariner Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back