Society/Culture Tucker Carlson

Remove this Banner Ad

FredLeDeux

Hall of Famer
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Libertarians are the political equivalent of a twelve year old screaming you're not the boss of me. Rogan's field of expertise is men in lycra grappling each other, he should stick to his lane if he doesn't want people mocking him.
Let's just say, he's got a good grift going, provided nobody takes him seriously, and leave it at

Sweet Jesus

The Lord of the Dance
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd say he's more of a libertarian, but that usually spreads across both. But as he's got richer, he's found the taxes and woke-ness of the left a real problem. Plus most of his audience is RWNJ white boys. His demographic would be really heavily slanted that way, hence his sponsors.

Nobody taking corporate money wants to talk about how corporates corrupt politicians, because they'd have to face the fact the same motives have corrupted them as well.
As if anyone likes paying taxes.

Sweet Jesus

The Lord of the Dance
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry, I guess that should read:

Taxes going to poor people rather than taxes going to rich people.

That's the only real difference between the Dems and Rs.
Yeah, not sure about. In a US context, Rogan departs from the RW in quite a few areas.

It's why I think it's more accurate to say he's libertarian-left with a few exceptions.

He's way too liberal for the modern GOP. He's probably more left-leaning than even a centrist Democrat like Joe Manchin.

Last edited:

Sweet Jesus

The Lord of the Dance
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I think you're trying to assign an ideology to a man who'll say anything as long as there's money in it for him.
Assigning an ideology? Give me a spell.

I'm disputing the notion that he's necessarily RW, because he departs from the American right in a number of areas. To that end, I'd say his views would more accurately be described as libertarian-left.

And when you say "there's money in it for him", what do you mean? Spotify is paying him. What positions do you think Spotify would prefer him to endorse?

Or are you simply saying that he is incentivised to maximise his audience? Because that goes for everyone, surely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Particularly if his "views" are "malleable", depending upon who he's trying to sell to that day.
No one has to buy.

I know people I thought were intelligent having complete meltdowns with me because they didn't like someone appearing on Rogan. The fact that you actually have to go a fair bit out of your way to hear a podcast - and you can choose not to - didn't seem to cross their mind.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad