Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not government surveillance.
Because you want to call it something else to suit your argument?

It would be surveillance mandated and implemented by the government, carried out at a site administered by the government.

What would you like to call that?

Is it "good surveillance"? The kind of surveillance that you like because it ticks whatever box you want to tick today and rational consistency is beyond you?

Do any of you have any principles that you are willing to apply consistently? Or do you just pick and choose, making it up as you go along?

Last edited:

I don’t even post pictures of my kids on social media.
That's good for letting them set their own digital history but when it comes to the risk of paedophile, you've probably shared a beer with the biggest threat in your children's lives and social media has barely a tick in comparison to that risk.

Yeah just a paedo’s dream.
This is where these wingnuts like Balls In have ended up.

From decrying surveillance and Big Government to supporting cameras in every classroom. Because OMG critical race theory is so scary, we need to roll out this whole new network of mass surveillance!

They are completely untethered from any pretence of rational or ideological consistency. Their principles, if they have them, are purely situational. If their grievances are being accommodated and prosecuted, everything is negotiable, everything is up for grabs.

Last edited:
The Democrats carried on a whole impeachment charade around it because they couldn’t accept the fact they were beat..

So why did they have a 2nd crack at impeachment after they had actually won?

This idea that Trump did nothing even remotely impeachable through to Jan 20 is absolutely bizarre.

Will be very interesting if the republicans get control of the house again if they move to Impeach Biden on his dodgy dealings for his son as theirs a hell if a lot more evidence of this than anything against Trump..

No, there isn't. A GOP senate intelligence committee has already looked into 'Biden's dodgy dealings for his son' and declared nothing to see here.

Last edited:
This is where these wingnuts like Balls In have ended up.

From decrying surveillance and Big Government to supporting cameras in every classroom. Because OMG critical race theory is so scary, we need to roll out this whole new network of mass surveillance!

They are completely untethered from any pretence of rational or ideological consistency. Their principles, if they have them, are purely situational. If their grievances are being accommodated and prosecuted, everything is negotiable, everything is up for grabs.

You pelican. I can't help it if your mind can't compute the difference between "government surveillance" and "government transparency" but I do object to you conflating that with "me supporting camera's in schools". For the second time I'd rather just ban CRT and punish teachers who push it.

You pelican. I can't help it if your mind can't compute the difference between "government surveillance" and "government transparency" but I do object to you conflating that with "me supporting camera's in schools".
So you don't support Tucker Carlson's call for cameras in schools?

And yes, it's government surveillance, whatever euphemism you want to adopt. It's surveillance mandated and implemented by the government, conducted at sites administered by the government.

The CCP has massive surveillance network in Xinjiang. But sure, that's just "transparency".

For the second time I'd rather just ban CRT and punish teachers who push it.
Can you explain CRT to me and why it's so bad?

You want it banned so you must have a pretty detailed handle on it.

Are you generally in favour of the government banning ideas? Seems like censorship. Are you pro-censorship now as well?

For the second time I'd rather just ban CRT and punish teachers who push it.
Luckily the right is battling cancel culture and protecting free speech.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CRT has no place in classrooms because its stupid and divisive. Taking it out of the curriculum has nothing to do with cancel culture or restricting free speech.

Lucky they're not teaching it in classrooms then I suppose. Actual CRT is far too advanced to be taught in secondary let alone primary schools, the very concept of this happening is absurd in itself. What Fox News has told you is being taught in classrooms is, in reality, actually just basic US history, along with some tolerance and equality stuff, and what they've told you is CRT is actually just their usual random grab bag of traditional right wing fear/grievance stuff.

Students are literally standing up at school board meetings where parents are going off their heads about this and saying ahh no actually, thats not whats happening in our class.

Last edited:
CRT has no place in classrooms because its stupid and divisive.
Can you tell me what CRT is? Do you know? Or have you just been told it's bad?

Are you automatically against anything that's "divisive"? Does that include birtherism and claiming the election was "stolen"? What about storming the Capitol to prevent the election result being certified? Or are you cool with those?

It's almost like you keep two sets of books. There's divisive that's bad, but also divisive that's good.

As ever, you cannot summon even one second of consistency. What do you tell yourself about this?

In your mind, how is CRT so bad that it should be banned but storming the Capitol leading to people getting killed is OK? Does the obvious contradiction simply not matter because you have to defend "your side" even if it makes no sense? What's it like to inhabit a space that dumb?

Taking it out of the curriculum has nothing to do with cancel culture or restricting free speech.
You said you'd "rather just ban CRT and punish teachers who push it".

So you're in favour of Big Government banning an idea and punishing anyone who doesn't comply?

That certainly seems like a restriction on free speech.

Would you say you're generally in favour of censorship?

You don't know whether you're coming or going.

Last edited:
Can you tell me what CRT is? Do you know? Or have you just been told it's bad?

Are you automatically against anything that's "divisive"? Does that include birtherism and claiming the election was "stolen"? What about storming the Capitol to prevent the election result being certified? Or are you cool with those?

It's almost like you keep two sets of books. There's divisive that's bad, but also divisive that's good.

As ever, you cannot summon even one second of consistency. What do you tell yourself about this?

In your mind, how is CRT so bad that it should be banned but storming the Capitol leading to people getting killed is OK? Does the obvious contradiction simply not matter because you have to defend "your side" even if it makes no sense? What's it like to inhabit a space that dumb?

You said you'd "rather just ban CRT and punish teachers who push it".

So you're in favour of Big Government banning an idea and punishing anyone who doesn't comply?

That certainly seems like a restriction on free speech.

Would you say you're generally in favour of censorship?

You don't know whether you're coming or going.
Blah blah...

CRT is controversal for a reason and the growing backlash against it being taught in schools is refreshing. Children should not be taught they either an oppressor or the oppressed based solely on the colour of their skin As Martin Luther King said "people should be judged on the content of their charactor, not the colour of their skin".

I saw a great rebuttal of CRT that should end it as a theory one and for all. It was from an asian dude wondering why asian people in western societies thrive at a statistically higher rate than white people, if those societies are systemically racist..... crickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back