Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I've got some kind of advantage in this thread that I sometimes actually watch his show.

Yesterday he was discussing with South Dakota Governor, Kristi Noem, touted as a future Republican presidential candidate, about her decision to veto a bill banning transgender males from participating in female sports. She claimed that her decision was as a result of legal advice. Carlson repeatedly challenged her on this until Noem started talking about 'not being bullied' by the far left or the conservative right.

He has highlighted the humanitarian crisis on the US southern border since 'Biden' took office. About 100,000 migrants per week from all parts of central and south America are illegally crossing the border from Mexico. The media has been restricted from access to report the problem. Strangely Democrats like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are not getting themselves being filmed outside empty car park lots crying over 'children being in cages'.

I feel like I've got some kind of advantage in this thread that I sometimes actually watch his show.

Yesterday he was discussing with South Dakota Governor, Kristi Noem, touted as a future Republican presidential candidate, about her decision to veto a bill banning transgender males from participating in female sports. She claimed that her decision was as a result of legal advice. Carlson repeatedly challenged her on this until Noem started talking about 'not being bullied' by the far left or the conservative right.

He has highlighted the humanitarian crisis on the US southern border since 'Biden' took office. About 100,000 migrants per week from all parts of central and south America are illegally crossing the border from Mexico. The media has been restricted from access to report the problem. Strangely Democrats like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are not getting themselves being filmed outside empty car park lots crying over 'children being in cages'.
Why would they cry if migrants crossed the borders? They are people escaping a sh** life and trying to have a better one. Why do you think they should cry?

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Your advantage is that you're very special.

• The judge agreed with Fox’s premise, adding that the network “persuasively argues” that “given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive with an appropriate amount of scepticism’ about the statements he makes.”

holy f***. He has the biggest prime time news show in america and this is what fox argue. And they won. What the hell is going on.

Why would they cry if migrants crossed the borders? They are people escaping a sh** life and trying to have a better one. Why do you think they should cry?

AOC was claiming to cry about seeing migrant 'children in cages'. She was actually outside an empty car park. No false tears from her now when Democrats preside over many more children being held in camps.

Of course people will try to escape a s**t life to move to another country. But governments have a responsibility to their own populace to have effective border controls. But it's clear who are the beneficiaries and losers from high/ineffectual immigration policies. The rich business owners get cheap labour while the working class increasingly have to rely on casual work or government hand outs.

Last edited:
AOC was claiming to cry about seeing migrant 'children in cages'. She was actually outside an empty car park. No false tears from her now when Democrats preside over many more children are being held in camps.

Of course people will try to escape a sh*t life to move to another country. But governments have a responsibility to their own populace to have effective border controls. But it's clear who are the beneficiaries and losers from high/ineffectual immigration policies. The rich business owners get cheap labour while the working class increasingly have to rely on casual work or government hand outs.
isn’t that the free market in action though? Something I advocate for. why Do the working class have to rely on government handouts if the wages are enough to keep migrant labour going?

isn’t that the free market in action though? Something I advocate for. why Do the working class have to rely on government handouts if the wages are enough to keep migrant labour going?
Don't just let him skip over the posts where he pretends he still has dignity here.

Free markets operate within constraints of elected democratic governments within countries. The working class have been duped into voting for parties and policies that enable corporations to lower wages by using high immigration policies.

Free markets operate within constraints of elected democratic governments within countries. The working class have been duped into voting for parties and policies that enable corporations to lower wages by using high immigration policies.
and if immigrants are coming into the country then they are becoming part of that democracy. Personally I believe in the world being one giant free market. tariffs have restricted that free market and artificially boosted the low skilled wage to be too high. Now that tariffs have come down unskilled wages are falling back down to where they should always have been. This might inspire more people to focus On their education, create their human capital and make proper contributions to society. For too long it’s been too easy to waste your education and still make a comfortable living in the outer suburbs because unskilled wages are too high. You want to live a western life style then damn well earn it like the rest of us Who pay for your lifestyle through out taxes and then have to pay ridiculously high prices for your unskilled services.

well the above is what I would believe if I was a libertarian. The utilitarian in me has other views but everyone seems to want to be a free market libertarian now and ignore its implications.

Tucker Carlson is the only show I occasionally watch on Fox, and while he is obviously right wing he actually criticises Republicans and did criticise Trump when he was President. I don't see Carlson as any more biased than the likes of Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo's left/Democrat bias on CNN, I don't think there should be any delusion that either Fox or CNN are paragons of virtue when it comes to unbiased, non partisan political coverage.

Coverage of politics particularly in the USA is hyper partisan on both sides... extremely difficult to find unbiased non agenda/narrative driven reporting.

Tucker Carlson is the only show I occasionally watch on Fox, and while he is obviously right wing he actually criticises Republicans and did criticise Trump when he was President. I don't see Carlson as any more biased than the likes of Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo's left/Democrat bias on CNN, I don't think there should be any delusion that either Fox or CNN are paragons of virtue when it comes to unbiased, non partisan political coverage.

Coverage of politics particularly in the USA is hyper partisan on both sides... extremely difficult to find unbiased non agenda/narrative driven reporting.
Criticising trump a couple of times does not mean he isn’t a dangerous person Who lies constantly to persuade fools to his side of view. The judge revealing that no reasonable person should expect Carlson is telling the truth is damning. CNN would not be graded that way. You can not claim they are the same.

Criticising trump a couple of times does not mean he isn’t a dangerous person Who lies constantly to persuade fools to his side of view. The judge revealing that no reasonable person should expect Carlson is telling the truth is damning. CNN would not be graded that way. You can not claim they are the same.
Yes I can.... while obviously not exactly the same they are both poor examples of unbiased reporting, 2 sides of the same partisan coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had Candace Owens on his show the other day. Is she a white supremacist too?

John Oliver doesn't have a shred of credibility while he ignores the debacle that is the Biden presidency.
That is an extraordinary statement, I would like you to explain.
Do you know the meaning of debacle?

Debacle is the disastrous presidency of a narcissistic sociopath that led to 500,000 deaths because of total incompetence and a substantial decline in US fortunes in many areas.

I think we live in different worlds.

Yes I can.... while obviously not exactly the same they are both poor examples of unbiased reporting, 2 sides of the same partisan coin.
tell me how cnn is as bad as fox? Fox tried to push lies about the election being stolen ffs. Fox pushed lies about how the virus was a flu last Year. Admittedly that was more hannity then tucker. blood is literally on their hands.

tell me how cnn is as bad as fox? Fox tried to push lies about the election being stolen ffs. Fox pushed lies about how the virus was a flu last Year. Admittedly that was more hannity then tucker. blood is literally on their hands.
So you can’t say.
No you're right CNN never disputed the result in 2016, they are the epitome of world class journalism, statues should be made to the likes of Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo, you would never find more fact driven unbiased journalists in a month of Sundays. :rolleyes:

First of all, no one should take John Oliver seriously. He is not a journalist or politician. Just another insane American nutjob!
You realise you are now just an entertaining spectacle on here, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back