Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Are you seriously going to dispute the fact of an enormous increase in unlawful entry into the United States through Mexico since Biden was elected?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...den-1-o-brave-new-world.1251098/post-72509104
So these are the Southwest Land Border Encounters.

This first graph is probably what you've seen. It clearly appears to show over 200k in July and August.

Blue line, shoots up, over 200k. But this is actually the manipulated data.

And I'll go through why.

1633537071393.png

So, one of the biggest problems is the terminology, and how it was changed.

Encounters.

Pew Research Center

Migrant encounters refer to two distinct kinds of events:

Apprehensions, in which migrants are taken into custody in the United States to await adjudication.

Expulsions, in which migrants are immediately expelled to their home country or last country of transit without being held in U.S. custody.

It is important to note that encounters refer to events, not people, and that some migrants are encountered more than once.

President Donald Trump’s administration invoked Title 42 in March 2020, and now included expulsions in "Encounters".

Title 42 Expulsions - Persons subject to the order are not held in congregate areas for processing and are instead immediately expelled to their country of last transit.

In March of last year Beginning in March FY2020, USBP and OFO Encounter statistics include both Title 8 Apprehensions, Title 8 Inadmissibles, and Title 42

This means that it isn't 200k individuals, it's 200k encounters. (This probably still seems confusing or semantics).

The large number of expulsions during the pandemic has contributed to a larger-than-usual number of migrants making multiple border crossing attempts, which means that total encounters somewhat overstate the number of unique individuals arriving at the border. Thirty-four percent of encounters in June 2021 were individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months. - US Customs and Border Protection

This is the graph, without Title 42 Expulsions. Title 8 Apprehensions and Inadmissibles.

1633539150608.png

Here is just the Title 42 Expulsions.

1633540089000.png

The sharp jump in Feb-March 2021?

In early February 2021 the government of Mexico has refused to take back families traveling with children under the age of 7. It has also rejected returns of migrants from outside Central America, who represent a growing number of crossers — many of them from Ecuador and Brazil, countries still hit hard by the coronavirus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBP Announces June 2021 Operational Update

Release Date: July 16, 2021

The number of unique individuals encountered to date during the fiscal year is 454,944 compared to 489,760 during the same time period in 2019.

The majority of all June encounters resulted in a Title 42 expulsion.

In Fiscal Year 2021 thru June, CBP conducted 9,500 rescues nationwide, which is 81 percent higher than the total number of rescues in all of Fiscal Year 2020.

Guatemala Advisory Assistance (If done right)

The safety of our workforce, our communities, and individuals in our care is a top priority. CBP personnel put themselves and their families at risk with every encounter at the border. Since the start of the pandemic, more than 8,900 CBP employees have tested positive for COVID-19, and 33 have passed away. CBP is continuing to explore possible adjustments to workforce posture and health protocols based on widespread vaccine access and easing public health metrics.

CBP Releases August 2021 Operational Update

Release Date: September 15, 2021

In August, U.S. Customs and Border Protection played an important role in Operation Allies Refuge and Operation Allies Welcome, as well as in support of the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Ida (2021) and the people of Haiti after their earthquake.

The number of unique encounters in August 2021 was 156,641.

In total, there were 208,887 encounters along the Southwest Border, a 2 percent drop compared to July. Of those, 25 percent involved individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months, compared to an average one-year re-encounter rate of 14 percent for Fiscal Years 2014-2019.

Nearly half (49 percent) of encounters were single adults, with 103,129 encounters in August, a 7 percent decrease compared to July.

93,414 encounters, more than 44 percent of the total, were processed for expulsion under Title 42. 115,473 encounters were processed under Title 8.

76,895 encounters involving single adults (75 percent) were processed for expulsion under Title 42, with 26,234 processed under Title 8.

16,240 encounters involving family unit individuals (19 percent) were processed for expulsion under Title 42, with 70,247 processed under Title 8.

A total of 1,002,722 unique individuals have been encountered year-to-date during Fiscal Year 2021, compared to 851,513 during the same time period in Fiscal Year 2019.

More than 10,900 CBP employees have tested positive for COVID-19.

43 have passed away, eight in the last month.

DHS has developed a partnership model to test and isolate families who test positive for COVID-19, and reimburse 100 percent of the cost, provided that the state does not stand in the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of children in CBP custody fell from 5,767 at its peak on March 29 to 832 on June 30, 2021. The average daily number of children in CBP custody for June 2021 was 794. The average time in custody for unaccompanied children fell from 133 hours on March 29 to 28 hours on June 30, 2021.

Encounters of unaccompanied children decreased 1 percent, with 18,847 encounters in August compared with 18,958 in July. In August, the average number of unaccompanied children in CBP custody was 1,435 per day, compared with an average of 1,353 per day in July.

I wanted to single this out. Because this is what is overlooked, due to the misinformation and disinformation.

It's not good enough. I don't know what the solution is, but the continued use of Title 42 is not right. The number of Customs and Border Protection employees who have tested positive to Covid, let alone passed away, is a total failure of the Biden administration.

Children in custody fell from 5,767 to 832, and back up 1,435.

Yes, the total decrease is good, it's great. But that's over capacity for a start. And doesn't say the average time they're in custody, just the hours unaccompanied.

And unaccompanied time in custody went from over five days... to a bit over an entire day. That's still an entire day.

So my opinion of the situation is mostly very negative. And I don't have any solutions, but I do think the misinformation is adding to the problem.

Are you seriously going to dispute the fact of an enormous increase in unlawful entry into the United States through Mexico since Biden was elected?
There are stats that show an increase in encounters. Lots of repeat offenders, though. It's complicated.

But that's not what you said.

You said "Biden opened the southern border".

What mechanism has he used to do that?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

It's propaganda Bruce, Tucker is playing you for a fool

1634101197216.png

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Flesh it out.

In the Tucker Carlson thread, I pointed out the inconsistency of people like Tucker Carlson being pure science for an anti-LGBTQ+ position, while being anti-science when it comes to vaccination.
You brought up climate change, which is another good example.

I posted this.
Sure. I'm guilty of it myself.

I think the denial of biological sex has decreased, with a growing understanding of gender identity.
Climate change is probably as divisive as it's ever been, as is anti-vaccination.

And in terms of real world damage, I don't think it's comparable.

My issue is faux scientific pedants, attacking LGBT+ issues, while championing climate change denialism and antivaccination views.

Is your position that there is no real world difference?

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
And you pretend to know the difference?

This is simply your code for picking and choosing.

Well if a "scientist" insists the Great Barrier Reef is nearly dead, and I can see with my own eyes that it is not, and in a year they say it has miraculously recovered, rinse and repeat 5 times, I can say that is bad science.

If some scientists repeatedly use modelling to predict catastrophist outcomes that never seem to eventuate, then gravely announce that "it's worse than we thought", I can conclude that is bad science.

It's not predictions on my part, it's observation and comparison of what was predicted versus what has eventuated.

Edit: The science world, like the medical world, the legal world, the finance world, and any other industry, has its good practitioners and its poor practitioners. It's not absolute, and the religiosity associated with the demand to "believe in science" is no less ridiculous than absolute belief in the existence of a supreme being, the only difference being those who believe in a supreme being acknowledge their belief is based on faith rather than reason.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Well if a "scientist" insists the Great Barrier Reef is nearly dead, and I can see with my own eyes that it is not, and in a year they say it has miraculously recovered, rinse and repeat 5 times, I can say that is bad science.

If some scientists repeatedly use modelling to predict catastrophist outcomes that never seem to eventuate, then gravely announce that "it's worse than we thought", I can conclude that is bad science.

It's not predictions on my part, it's observation and comparison of what was predicted versus what has eventuated.

When did you go to the reef Bruce?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

Like I said, this is your code for picking and choosing.

Stop pretending that you're an arbiter of good science vs bad science. In reality, you're so ideologically captured that you struggle with anything beyond reciting talking points.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Like I said, this is your code for picking and choosing.

Stop pretending that you're an arbiter of good science vs bad science. In reality, you're so ideologically captured that you struggle with anything beyond reciting talking points.

I'm not the arbiter of good and bad science, just an observer of what I can see and outcomes versus predictions. Do you suggest the management of the world be handed over to "science"? If so, which scientists get the gig? Fauci?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not the arbiter of good and bad science, just an observer of what I can see and outcomes versus predictions.
And by sheer coincidence, these "observations" reflect your ideological biases. You're a mouthpiece for dumb opinions you've downloaded from elsewhere. Stop kidding yourself.

Do you suggest the management of the world be handed over to "science"? If so, which scientists get the gig? Fauci?
Policy should absolutely be directed by science. What alternative would you suggest?

Back