Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Interesting on the Rogan stuff here. People do understand he had it prescribed by a doctor and he was very clear on that in his interview with Gupta. And CNN clearly ran with an agenda against Rogan suggesting he was using an animal variant. It was clearly a lie. But, please watch this if you want to learn about why CNN went after Joe. Very interesting sponsors of their programs........

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, CNN sucks, but Joe Rogan is a *in dumb campaigner.
1636607529236.png

using an animal variant
Who cares? It does not have any reliable evidence for any effect on Covid.

None at all.

The evidence for using ivermectin for Covid goes in all sorts of directions and one of the most "promising" studies was faked.

And fu** Russell Brand. The guy is a wannabe intellectual if ever I've heard one.

When you attack the person without an actual argument of what they put forward, it shows you don't have an argument.

Who cares? It does not have any reliable evidence for any effect on Covid.

None at all.

The evidence for using ivermectin for Covid goes in all sorts of directions and one of the most "promising" studies was faked.

You took a selective bite out of the post. I will repost the whole point again for you.
"People do understand he had it prescribed by a doctor and he was very clear on that in his interview with Gupta. And CNN clearly ran with an agenda against Rogan suggesting he was using an animal variant. It was clearly a lie."

CNN ran with a clear lie. It can't be denied. Rogan was also clear on everything else he took to get over Covid. It wasn't just Ivermectin (but i suspect you know that).

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When you attack the person without an actual argument of what they put forward, it shows you don't have an argument.

The guy unnecessarily throws as many big words as he can into a sentence to make himself sound smarter than he really is. When he says s**t like "tax them to the ground" regarding Amazon, it shows he has no *ing idea what he's talking about, and that's coming from someone against trickle-down economics. And with Covid, he's leaning too much into the "be open-minded, respect all views" point. You can have your own opinions but not your own facts. The Covid vaccines are safe and effective. There's no ifs or buts about it, and only actual research would change that view, not some pseudointellectual Facebook post or YouTube video.

The guy unnecessarily throws as many big words as he can into a sentence to make himself sound smarter than he really is. When he says sh*t like "tax them to the ground" regarding Amazon, it shows he has no f*n idea what he's talking about, and that's coming from someone against trickle-down economics. And with Covid, he's leaning too much into the "be open-minded, respect all views" point. You can have your own opinions but not your own facts. The Covid vaccines are safe and effective. There's no ifs or buts about it, and only actual research would change that view, not some pseudointellectual Facebook post or YouTube video.

Lol, *, are you even aware of how Amazon works? How employees are treated? Maybe his words are just too big for you. He doesn't have a side. That's what upsets people. That's what also makes him very listenable. And where is Brand anti Vaxx?

Yeeaaahhh... maybe. Brand thinks he's brighter than he is, but he's mostly harmless.

I think in an age of the current "political pick a side" I will happily read or listen to anyone who can calmly discuss both. It's funny, but Rogan gets called right wing. He voted for Sanders. People just want to put anything and anyone in a box. Seriously, where can you go these days and read (from a journo) anything that can criticise both parties? Pretty rare to find.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lol, fu**, are you even aware of how Amazon works? How employees are treated? Maybe his words are just too big for you. He doesn't have a side. That's what upsets people. That's what also makes him very listenable. And where is Brand anti Vaxx
?

Did I say Amazon treats its employees fine? Did I say Brand has a side? Did I say Brand is an anti-vaxxer?

No, but he is an anti-vax sympathiser, he keeps trying to legitimise their view and protect them as if it's their own little harmless opinion that should be respected, but there's no reason why their opinions should be respected because they're based on bullshit.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting on the Rogan stuff here. People do understand he had it prescribed by a doctor and he was very clear on that in his interview with Gupta. And CNN clearly ran with an agenda against Rogan suggesting he was using an animal variant. It was clearly a lie. But, please watch this if you want to learn about why CNN went after Joe. Very interesting sponsors of their programs........

They should probably test him for worms.

Rogan was also clear on everything else he took to get over Covid. It wasn't just Ivermectin (but i suspect you know that).
That's irrelevant - there was no need at all to add to the ivermectin hysteria by (a) taking it for Covid when it has no effect and over-prescription by doctors was causing a shortage for people who needed it, and (b) announcing it to his millions of followers.

But anyway there is a discussion on Ivermectin and probably one on Joe ROgan.

This is the Tucker Carlson thread.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think in an age of the current "political pick a side" I will happily read or listen to anyone who can calmly discuss both. It's funny, but Rogan gets called right wing. He voted for Sanders. People just want to put anything and anyone in a box. Seriously, where can you go these days and read (from a journo) anything that can criticise both parties? Pretty rare to find.

You are correct, Rogan did endorse Bernie, and yes, people are too quick to put others in a box, but all I hear from Rogan is attacks on the left. Not that there aren't legit ones to make, but when's the last time he's gone after Trump and conservatives? It's a bit like Tim Pool. Guy considers himself a leftie, supports pro-choice, universal healthcare etc, but 95% of his content is anti-PC/woke/SJW Trump-leaning right-wing culture warrior stuff. And he does that because any little pushback against Trump upsets his fragile fanbase. It's in his financial interests to pander, and pander he does. And I'd put Rogan in that category, too.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
You are correct, Rogan did endorse Bernie, and yes, people are too quick to put others in a box, but all I hear from Rogan is attacks on the left. Not that there aren't legit ones to make, but when's the last time he's gone after Trump and conservatives? It's a bit like Tim Pool. Guy considers himself a leftie, supports pro-choice, universal healthcare etc, but 95% of his content is anti-PC/woke/SJW Trump-leaning right-wing culture warrior stuff. And he does that because any little pushback against Trump upsets his fragile fanbase. It's in his financial interests to pander, and pander he does. And I'd put Rogan in that category, too.
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Did I say Amazon treats its employees fine? Did I say Brand has a side? Did I say Brand is an anti-vaxxer?

No, but he is an anti-vax sympathiser, he keeps trying to legitimise their view and protect them as if it's their own little harmless opinion that should be respected, but there's no reason why their opinions should be respected because they're based on bullshit.

I am fully vaxxed, but i absolutely hate how divided and divisive this issue has become. I'm not a sympathiser, but i understand not everyone can be vaxxed either. If we achieve 95% double dose, they are pretty much irrelevant in my eyes. We can still get covid and pass it on just like they can (but obviously our symptoms/effects are greatly reduced). Not everyone shares our pro Vic/Dan/Aussie views. It's a big old world out there. And we are a nation of 27 million.
I just think not everyone is a "Pete Evans".

It's in his financial interests to pander, and pander he does. And I'd put Rogan in that category, too.
Checked out Jimmy Dore's latest anti-vax pro-ivermectin work?

Chase the cashola.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am fully vaxxed, but i absolutely hate how divided and divisive this issue has become. I'm not a sympathiser, but i understand not everyone can be vaxxed either. If we achieve 95% double dose, they are pretty much irrelevant in my eyes. We can still get covid and pass it on just like they can (but obviously our symptoms/effects are greatly reduced). Not everyone shares our pro Vic/Dan/Aussie views. It's a big old world out there. And we are a nation of 27 million.
I just think not everyone is a "Pete Evans".

Nothing to do with that, it's about medical science.

FWIW, I'd rather have mask mandates than lockdowns that last months.

He clips the right as hard as the left. And his guests are great and varied from all perspectives.

Nothing to do with that, it's about medical science.

FWIW, I'd rather have mask mandates than lockdowns that last months.

I'd rather neither. And hopefully we have neither soon enough.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd rather neither. And hopefully we have neither soon enough.

Well, pre-vaccine you needed to have one or the other. Post 80% double vaxxed? I think if our hospitals get hit hard, asking people to mask up for a while isn't the end of the *ing world. But lockdowns can probably be phased out, I'm sure.

Back