News Tucker Time

Remove this Banner Ad

391533a5ae4620d8d06b1962eb0a466b.jpg

Stoked. Seems like a promising player and future leader. At the moment, seems like a better version of what we hoped Suban would be down pat to the way he speaks, his home town and his looks.

Bit better looking though and has better arms.

Here's hoping that he continues to develop well. His best game was against Geelong this year where he booted 3 goals. Never seems to miss.

What kind of player do we hope to see Tucker become like? He's played off half back, bit on the wing and a bit up half forward. Not sure where his best position will be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakely's time on ground jumped significantly in his 3rd year, I imagine it will be the same for Tucker. I still feel he will eventually be just as much an inside mid as an outside mid as he builds his body and conditioning.

Great news.
If that happens he will be one of the hardest running players in the competition. Very exciting

What kind of player do we hope to see Tucker become like? He's played off half back, bit on the wing and a bit up half forward. Not sure where his best position will be
My hope is that he ends up playing how Stephen Hill was playing at the start of the season. Fast and skillful enough to play on the outside, hard enough to get his hands dirty and win the contested ball, enough burst speed to get the ball on the inside and break away to the outside.

That's something we need to get better at. Winning the ball on the inside and not just booting it long but working the ball to the outside, either through quick handballs or through our inside mids busting clear of the pack with some speed. Walters and S Hilly (pre-hammy) were great at this. Neale when he's not the sole focus of our midfield is good at this. Blakely showed glimpses and my hope is that Tucker will develop this into his game. Mundy was the master of this, Mundy clearances were gold.

Obviously for this to work our players on the outside need to be working hard into space.

I'm a great believer in Tucker as a mid. There were a few times at Peel last year where he ripped the ball out of a pack and made some really nice moves to get out of congestion and hand off to someone in the clear or get a kick off in space.

However he's not better than probably 4-5 other players we could throw in the middle. I think he will actually end up a bit of a Suban, playing everywhere from HB to HF. I think people forget that Subes was actually a pretty promising player in that 15-22 kind of range. He just never really got over the last hurdle to best 15 and then fell off a cliff. The hope is that doesn't happen to Tucker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back