MMA-UFC TUF: McGregor v Chandler

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be entertaining. Looking forward to McGregor cutting Chandler to shreds on the mic and then getting smoked inside 2 rounds at the end of the year.

Going to try watch live on my lunch break haha

Starts today, on Kayo at 12:30 but I'm guessing I'm the only one who will watch live!

I can't remember the last TUF but feels like ages since I've watched one, with McGregor on it it will be worth watching no doubt.
i am tuning in. I am not a book reader UFCer.

Since announcing the matches i am patiently waiting for the fight. Enough of the drama series im doing this for my family stuff

It was a pretty underwhelming ep tbh.

Has to be said Chandler has the better coaching team (I’ve rolled with drysdale the man is an animal) and seems the much much more invested coach. How does McGregor not get to his teams weigh in for the first fight?
He never did anything last time he was coach. Kept giving Artem fights after losses...

Has to be said Chandler has the better coaching team (I’ve rolled with drysdale the man is an animal) and seems the much much more invested coach. How does McGregor not get to his teams weigh in for the first fight?

Funnily enough, his mate from SBG is the number 1 seed to try and give him the easiest match up in the first round.

Agreed it was a nothing episode. Whenever they have a super quick fight they have to fill the rest of the hour. It should hopefully improve as the fighters and coaches start to bicker more later in the season.

agreed. it was very strange. though maybe he and the producer thought it'd make for good drama perhaps.

Funnily enough, his mate from SBG is the number 1 seed to try and give him the easiest match up in the first round.

Agreed it was a nothing episode. Whenever they have a super quick fight they have to fill the rest of the hour. It should hopefully improve as the fighters and coaches start to bicker more later in the season.

real good point mate. i guess in these sorts of shows, if you note the run time and time remaining you kinda know how long the fight will go for.

agreed. it was very strange. though maybe he and the producer thought it'd make for good drama perhaps.

real good point mate. i guess in these sorts of shows, if you note the run time and time remaining you kinda know how long the fight will go for.
I suspect like most things in Conors life now he knows his job isnt to coach but just to show up and be Mystic Mac or Money Mac or whatever persona hes going for.

I actually used to quite like Conor but he has disappeared into the character, doesnt help hes like 1-4 or something in his last 5.

I suspect like most things in Conors life now he knows his job isnt to coach but just to show up and be Mystic Mac or Money Mac or whatever persona hes going for.

I actually used to quite like Conor but he has disappeared into the character, doesnt help hes like 1-4 or something in his last 5.
he also looks strange without a beard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*en hell really? How did that happen? And, er, how many times did you tap?

*en hell really? How did that happen? And, er, how many times did you tap?
He did a few sessions a long time ago at my gym.

He was very gentle on a beginner teaching more than tapping but i couldnt make any progress anywhere, aside from incredible technique hes just insanely strong.

He did a few sessions a long time ago at my gym.

He was very gentle on a beginner teaching more than tapping but i couldnt make any progress anywhere, aside from incredible technique hes just insanely strong.

Yeah well not surprised to hear that, I don't know his career in detail but I believe multiple world BJJ champ and probably the best grappler in the world at one point, I'd be shocked if you could improve a position.

Yeah well not surprised to hear that, I don't know his career in detail but I believe multiple world BJJ champ and probably the best grappler in the world at one point, I'd be shocked if you could improve a position.

oh you said bjj phew

Im fairly confident that at literally any point in my 15ish minutes rolling with him he could have snapped whichever appendage he liked from whatever position he was in or just choked me out.

He did get my neck once and the squeeze was insane. I was usually pretty good at tucking the chin and fighting for a little bit but i got the black spots about .5 of a second after he got the arms around. The levels in BJJ are something else.

Im fairly confident that at literally any point in my 15ish minutes rolling with him he could have snapped whichever appendage he liked from whatever position he was in or just choked me out.

He did get my neck once and the squeeze was insane. I was usually pretty good at tucking the chin and fighting for a little bit but i got the black spots about .5 of a second after he got the arms around. The levels in BJJ are something else.

None of what you are writing there is surprising... that guy was a monster! He looked decent in MMA too, beating a young Ryan Spann before retiring.

Yeah it's funny in striking, I think guys can have a puncher's chance at guys levels above them sometimes. Grappling is a bit more "definitive" or something, you just have no chance against someone like that.

I never reached any sort of competence but I've rolled with similar level (maybe not quite as high) as Drysdale and seen very competent grapplers do the same and it's exactly as you say. With me it was almost like they are grappling with a dummy, just going through the motions.

Even with low level black belts, the difference is unbelievable to witness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back