The Ultimate Fighter TUF Season 20 - 115lb Womens Strawweight Division introduction

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliveira and Daly both missed weight today. That's two in a row for Oliveira who had a sick excuse last time... hopefully he can sort it out and stay at 145.

Olivera needs to stay at 45, he's not big enough to hang with some of the big 55'ers. The gap between 155 and 170 probably keeps a few huge guys at the top end of LW, and I don't see things going too well for him in that weight class.

That is looking very very likely, Anyone else id say Carla will wrestle and grind out a result but rose will be too much for her on the feet and ground. I think Carla will be just under and end up being a gate keeper. Penne and Randa could be a good fight in the end I dont think there was as much depth as I thought there would be. Think the Bantom showed more prospect and they didnt have a title on the line

That is looking very very likely, Anyone else id say Carla will wrestle and grind out a result but rose will be too much for her on the feet and ground. I think Carla will be just under and end up being a gate keeper. Penne and Randa could be a good fight in the end I dont think there was as much depth as I thought there would be. Think the Bantom showed more prospect and they didnt have a title on the line

There are some excellent fighters who didn't fight on the show don't forget. Gadelha would have been one of the favourites, Inoue (who battered Rowdy Bec last year) didn't speak English well enough and Vanzant was too young to make the cut. Kish being injured meant the show lost a bit as well... jump on to youtube and check out her fight with Randa and you'll be impressed. She would have been the best striker on the show IMO. Kankaanpaa and Eggink who just fought of the title in Invicta both looked like good prospects too and there's always the prospect of more Atomweights moving up and Flyweights moving down to fight in the UFC.

Ended up watching the whole season in a pretty short amount of time. Should have just watched the fights. The first couple of episodes provided some background information on the fighters, which was cool, but from then on it was the typical drama that I've become accustomed to seeing.

At the finale I was hoping that the fighters I disliked from the show would lose more than I was hoping for the ones that I liked to win. I've seen that others have the same thoughts and it's just because the show mainly focused on the women who were being horrible.

I picked Torres to win so I'm probably being defensive of that pick with what's to follow. She was unlucky coming up against the two best offensive wrestlers on the show in Esparza and Markos. I feel having a wrestling base is a pretty big advantage on TUF because of the lack of time to prepare for the fights. Torres was back to looking like she did in Invicta at the finale. I think she'll be at the top of the division for a while.

I thought Namajunas would beat Esparza. Esparza isn't much of a finisher and over 5 rounds I thought Namajunas would catch her. Seems silly in hindsight because so much was against Namajunas; the experience gap was a massive factor and the wrestling disadvantage played a huge part in the result. Esparza fought a great fight and Namajunas is very young and inexperienced, so she's got a tremendous amount of upside.

I've recently had a look over some of Esparza's previous fights and at some of Gadelha's. I think Gadelha will be the champion before long. I think Guy Threepwood might agree with me on that as I recall him picking her to win the tournament before she opted against being on the show. She's better at everything than Esparza except for maybe offensive wrestling, but I think she'll be able to defend well enough, especially considering she's training at Nova Uniao. Now watch Gadelha lose to Joanna J (I'll never work out how to spell her last name) this weekend. :p

Ended up watching the whole season in a pretty short amount of time. Should have just watched the fights. The first couple of episodes provided some background information on the fighters, which was cool, but from then on it was the typical drama that I've become accustomed to seeing.

At the finale I was hoping that the fighters I disliked from the show would lose more than I was hoping for the ones that I liked to win. I've seen that others have the same thoughts and it's just because the show mainly focused on the women who were being horrible.

I picked Torres to win so I'm probably being defensive of that pick with what's to follow. She was unlucky coming up against the two best offensive wrestlers on the show in Esparza and Markos. I feel having a wrestling base is a pretty big advantage on TUF because of the lack of time to prepare for the fights. Torres was back to looking like she did in Invicta at the finale. I think she'll be at the top of the division for a while.

I thought Namajunas would beat Esparza. Esparza isn't much of a finisher and over 5 rounds I thought Namajunas would catch her. Seems silly in hindsight because so much was against Namajunas; the experience gap was a massive factor and the wrestling disadvantage played a huge part in the result. Esparza fought a great fight and Namajunas is very young and inexperienced, so she's got a tremendous amount of upside.

I've recently had a look over some of Esparza's previous fights and at some of Gadelha's. I think Gadelha will be the champion before long. I think Guy Threepwood might agree with me on that as I recall him picking her to win the tournament before she opted against being on the show. She's better at everything than Esparza except for maybe offensive wrestling, but I think she'll be able to defend well enough, especially considering she's training at Nova Uniao. Now watch Gadelha lose to Joanna J (I'll never work out how to spell her last name) this weekend. :p
Yeah I had rose I think the experience just got her I dont think Carla looked her best in the house either, Bec Rawlings showed where she really sits this show has really put me wanted her to win ha ha. funny how these things go.

Lol, you called Claudia's loss! Impressive.

I don't think I made a prediction on the winner, but I do remember throwing out a few names of who I thought would do well and Claudia was on the list. Agree about TUF usually favouring the wrestlers who can usually get by off that alone as well as them being usued to cutting weight frequently.

Was really disappointed by Rose's effort in the finale. She looked close to tears in between rounds 2 and 3 and was tapped out not long after that. Carla's fights in the house didn't impress me too much, but she looked fantastic yesterday.

Did love seeing Bec lose to Heather after all her sh*t talking. It didn't turn out to be a great day for her and her Krapette teammates. :D

Lol, you called Claudia's loss! Impressive.
Haha yeah. Was really close but I thought Gadelha had done enough. A win or two for Gadelha and a title shot would make sense.

I don't mind that JJ got the win though. Her striking's great and she has really good takedown defence. Main thing she needs to work on is working off the cage when she gets pushed against it. Her and Esparza will be a good fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Gadelha had probably done enough too, but like you have no problem with JJ getting the decision and first shot at Carla. I'll be interested to see how she defends Carla's double leg. Her defense against Claudia looked good, but most of her takedown attempts came against the cage. Carla's power double has looked unstoppable in the Penne and Namajunas fights and if JJ's sprawl isn't as good as her cage TDD, it could be a long night for her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back