Tuggers supporters - why you won't win the 2018 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Frogshit.

Very common to see a player caught, lose the ball and then throw a foot at it. Getting the foot to the ball before it hits the ground changes nothing - free kick against. Every time.

The incorrect disposal has already taken place. Anything that happens afterwards is irrelevant.
Rubbish, plenty of cases of play on when players connect with their boot, the rules for a legal kick dont set a height or distance the ball is thrown, under your thinking every kick would be an incorrect disposal, dropping the ball, how else do you get it to boot?

The incorrect dispoal rule is in relation to passing to other players or while being tackled, the correct disposal rule states it needs to hit anywhere below the knee to be a kick.
There is no specific rule covering what happened so umpires discretion, Higgins was always throwing it to boot, so good call by the umpire.
15.3.1 Correct Disposal
A Player Correctly Disposes of the football if the Player Kicks or handballs the football.
15.3 incorrect disposal
"Incorrect Disposal and Payment of Free Kick:
When the football is in play, a Free Kick shall be awarded against a
Player who hands the football to another Player or throws the football
."

As you can see the rules conflict but the throwing the ball rule is in relation to passing to another player, as Higgins threw it to boot it comes under the correct disposal rule, so a legal kick a legal goal and likely goal of the year.

Last edited:
Rubbish, plenty of cases of play on when players connect with their boot, the rules for a legal kick dont set a height or distance the ball is thrown, under your thinking every kick would be an incorrect disposal, dropping the ball, how else do you get it to boot?

The incorrect dispoal rule is in relation to passing to other players or while being tackled, the correct disposal rule states it needs to hit anywhere below the knee to be a kick.
There is no specific rule covering what happened so umpires discretion, Higgins was always throwing it to boot, so good call by the umpire.
15.3.1 Correct Disposal
A Player Correctly Disposes of the football if the Player Kicks or handballs the football.
15.3 incorrect disposal
."

As you can see the rules conflict but the throwing the ball rule is in relation to passing to another player, as Higgins threw it to boot it comes under the correct disposal rule, so a legal kick a legal goal and likely goal of the year.
15.3.1 Correct Disposal
15.3 incorrect disposal
Player who hands the football to another
Player or throws the football."

To play Devils Advocate the word "or" would suggest (to me) that this is two scenarios. Higgins threw the ball as he was not in the act of kicking at the time. As it wasn't called by the Field Umpire the GOTY stands.

15.3.1 Correct Disposal
15.3 incorrect disposal
."

Gushing willfully ignorant Fanboi bullshit.

And you bolded the wrong part:

."

Try it this way.

."

Try it

Try it this way.
As usual a lazy response with nothing relevant added to the discussion.apart from the predictable laphroaig attempt at putting down anyone that disagrees with you:rolleyes:

When someone kicks the ball how do they get the ball from hand to foot, they either drop or throw the ball on their boot, why are these not deemed to have incorrectly disposed of the ball?
They are not incorrect disposals because the player is in the process of kicking, so the kicking rule not the incorrect disposal rule applies, if that wasn't the case every kick would be ruled dropping the ball.

Higgins was in the process of kicking and therefore there is no rule about how you throw or drop it on the boot.

There is already precedent for this

15.3.1 Correct Disposal
15.3 incorrect disposal
Player who hands the football to another
Player or throws the football."

To play Devils Advocate the word "or" would suggest (to me) that this is two scenarios. Higgins threw the ball as he was not in the act of kicking at the time. As it wasn't called by the Field Umpire the GOTY stands.
As Ive said it is yet another grey area, in my mind he was always planning to kick it so rule 15.3.1 is applied, really umpires discretion unless they adjust the rules, as I and even Leigh Mathews stated, nearly every kick begins with an incorrect disposal, it only becomes correct disposal once it meets the boot.

Higgins was in the process of kicking and therefore there is no rule about how you throw or drop it on the boot.

He wasn't, he was in the process of keeping the ball from going beyond the point line and then ran around the Goal post before he then kicked the ball. It wasn't a kicking motion. By your logic someone could turf the ball Gridion style and as long as they kick the ball (no matter how far the travel distance) before it hit the ground then it's not a throw.

As Ive said it is yet another grey area, in my mind he was always planning to kick it so rule 15.3.1 is applied, really umpires discretion unless they adjust the rules, as I and even Leigh Mathews stated, nearly every kick begins with an incorrect disposal, it only becomes correct disposal once it meets the boot.
See above, it wasn't a kicking motion.

See above, it wasn't a kicking motion.
I believe he threw it up with the intent to kick it not just keep it in play I cant see he has time to make the move otherwise, you are allowed to throw the ball then kick it as the video of Powell Pepper shows, Cotch does it a lot when on the ground, always getting boot to ball so play on, if he misses then its a free.
Same for Higgins IMO, if he is not passing to another player and is not tackled and the ball goes direct from hand to foot it is a kick.

I believe he threw it up with the intent to kick it not just keep it in play I cant see he has time to make the move otherwise, you are allowed to throw the ball then kick it as the video of Powell Pepper shows, Cotch does it a lot when on the ground, always getting boot to ball so play on, if he misses then its a free.
Same for Higgins IMO, if he is not passing to another player and is not tackled and the ball goes direct from hand to foot it is a kick.
It needs to be the one action.. in the action of kicking. Higgins may of intended to kick the ball (as he did) however his next action was to run around the Goal Post. Not put the slipper in to the ball.

Sgt Pepper is different, he released the ball to kick the ball. Higgins release the ball to keep the ball in play and give himself time to re-enter the playing field, then kick. Not the one action.

It needs to be the one action.. in the action of kicking. Higgins may of intended to kick the ball (as he did) however his next action was to run around the Goal Post. Not put the slipper in to the ball.

Sgt Pepper is different, he released the ball to kick the ball. Higgins release the ball to keep the ball in play and give himself time to re-enter the playing field, then kick. Not the one action.
The correct disposal rule does not state in one action.

This is the problem with our rules they need the loose ends tied up
A correct disposal only requires the ball to be kicked.

Frogshit.

Very common to see a player caught, lose the ball and then throw a foot at it. Getting the foot to the ball before it hits the ground changes nothing - free kick against. Every time.

The incorrect disposal has already taken place. Anything that happens afterwards is irrelevant.
Do you know what a disposal is?

So according to you it would be ok to throw the ball 15 meters over an approaching opponent, then run like hell and touch it with your foot before it hits the ground, and that's obviously just a kick.

Because you really intended to kick it. Eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this over an obvious throw.

Higgins used a scooping motion to elevate the ball = throw, always has always will.

The reviewer clearly got it wrong and should be fired.

I bet if Dangerfield did the same the entire league would join together as one to condem this.

So according to you it would be ok to throw the ball 15 meters over an approaching opponent, then run like hell and touch it with your foot before it hits the ground, and that's obviously just a kick.

Because you really intended to kick it. Eventually.
Not according to me according to the rules as they are written, of course that is if the umpire hasn't called it a throw before you run around the opponent and sprint 15 meters for the kick.

The rules are conflicted, so in reality Higgins goal was both legal and illegal as is every kick, umpire has to decide, Im glad they went with the sensible decision.

I note the correct disposal is listed first so if you had a computer making the decision it may have also decided in favour of Higgins.

15.3 FREE KICKS RELATING TO DISPOSAL OF THE FOOTBALL
15.3.1 Correct Disposal
A Player Correctly Disposes of the football if the Player Kicks or
Handballs the football.

15.3.2 Incorrect Disposal and Payment of Free Kick
Player who hands the football to another Player or throws the football.

For me I believe the intent of rule15.3.2 is if passing to another player, thats just my opinion, again no distance or timeframe is given.

By the rules as soon as Higgins kicked the ball it became correct disposal, therefore the goal should stand and be counted as one of the greats.

All this over an obvious throw.

Higgins used a scooping motion to elevate the ball = throw, always has always will.

The reviewer clearly got it wrong and should be fired.

I bet if Dangerfield did the same the entire league would join together as one to condem this.
Jarrad+Mcveigh+AFL+Rd+8+Sydney+v+Melbourne+YVBeiNZn9RSl.jpg

Every kick is clearly incorrect disposal, this is without doubt dropping the ball by the rules of incorrect disposal, until the moment it hits the boot, then it becomes a kick and correct disposal, no different to Higgins goal.

I don't even want to think about bouncing the ball, as that is obviously a throw at the ground.

Bruce would have blown a sperm gland if Danger had kicked it.

View attachment 535935

Every kick is clearly incorrect disposal, this is without doubt dropping the ball by the rules of incorrect disposal, until the moment it hits the boot, then it becomes a kick and correct disposal, no different to Higgins goal.

I don't even want to think about bouncing the ball, as that is obviously a throw at the ground.

Bruce would have blown a sperm gland if Danger had kicked it.
Higgins didn’t drop it onto his foot tho, he lifted it into the air.

AC369130-12B8-408C-9C9A-AA14D72A08DB.jpeg

I understand you feel obliged to support him because he plays for your favourite club but that’s a throw any day of the week.

View attachment 535935

And no, dropping the ball applies to when the player is being tackled.

Again, Higgins lifted it up into the air with an open palm and then let it fall.

Throw every day of the week.

But it does say:

Higgins threw the ball, ran around the goal post and kicked the ball out of the air. That's three actions. Hence via definition of "or throws the football" it was initially an incorrect disposal. Higgins didn't in the act of kicking put the ball in an upward motion because of his positioning. He took three very separate actions in the space of one bit of play. The first being a throw. If he had of tapped the ball up because of his momentum and then launched into his scissors kick then say as Sgt Pepper. He didn't. Throw, run around kick. I'm glad it was called a goal and it was great to watch, however it doesn't change the fact it was a throw.

Aren"t we all "fanboi's" flog, you're the worst "fanboi" of all, trying to pretend you're more intellectual than others, its the bay DH.:$

Carlton supporters, such f@cking sad bastards.:rolleyes:
D2AB169D-E107-4138-9C6A-C8E49F632FF6.gif

But it does say:

Higgins threw the ball, ran around the goal post and kicked the ball out of the air. That's three actions. Hence via definition of "or throws the football" it was initially an incorrect disposal. Higgins didn't in the act of kicking put the ball in an upward motion because of his positioning. He took three very separate actions in the space of one bit of play. The first being a throw. If he had of tapped the ball up because of his momentum and then launched into his scissors kick then say as Sgt Pepper. He didn't. Throw, run around kick. I'm glad it was called a goal and it was great to watch, however it doesn't change the fact it was a throw.
Every kick is incorrect disposal if you apply that rule to the enth degree, so it comes down to umpires call, umpire decided his intent was to kick it, therefore it's not a throw it's a kick.

Aren"t we all "fanboi's" flog, you're the worst "fanboi" of all, trying to pretend you're more intellectual than others, its the bay DH.:$

You seem confused.

I don't pretend to be an intellectual, or pretend to be anything. I simply am who I am.

But I AM self evidently smarter than you are.

The ability to choose to not succumb to infantile tribal prejudice is just one indication of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back