Universal Love Player Numbers – 2024 update (sponsored by Tulip)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I'd like to see Melksham take 13 ... on the proviso that he regularly wears a long sleeved guernsey and rolls the sleeves up!
VOr89Gi.jpg

5 and 18 are numbers i think we should rest for a year. Although i wouldn't mind giving one of those two for someone we draft at pick 6

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
5 and 18 are numbers i think we should rest for a year. Although i wouldn't mind giving one of those two for someone we draft at pick 6
Didn't 18 once belong to Stretch Sr? If I'm right, rest it by all means, but then it would be nice to go to Billy. Obviously, the jumper would be a bit big but I was thinking a different jumper but the same number because they have technology at Melbourne that does stuff like that now.

Didn't 18 once belong to Stretch Sr? If I'm right, rest it by all means, but then it would be nice to go to Billy. Obviously, the jumper would be a bit big but I was thinking a different jumper but the same number because they have technology at Melbourne that does stuff like that now.
Yep you are correct, Green also had it before Crossy

wheaters31

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually like Petracca in the 26, if he's as good as people say he is he'll make it his own.

Give Melksham 13 I reckon. Kennedy 32.

Kennedy recently changed his twitter username from 'benkennedy7' to 'benkennedy35'. So I'll predict he takes 35. Melksham 18. Bugg 13.

For various teams and clubs:
-Darcy Parish has worn #4 and #19
-Charlie Curnow has worn #29 and #42
-Sam Weideman has worn #13 and #31
-Aaron Francis has worn #38
-Clayton Oliver was worn #10

If we draft Parish, Oliver or Curnow they'll have to change numbers, however if we draft Weideman or Francis they can stick to their numbers.

I don't like this giving high numbers to high profile players thing, especially draftees. It's marketable for the club, sure, but there's obviously some kind of unspoken rule whereby lower picks/rookies/DFAs/steak knives aren't allowed to take higher numbers. IMP it should be a club policy that all first year players just get the lowest numbers available by default, and then after their first season they can change if they've earned it.

Charlie Curnow has to be 13 if he's drafted. I don't know why, but it seems bang on.
I don't like this giving high numbers to high profile players thing, especially draftees. It's marketable for the club, sure, but there's obviously some kind of unspoken rule whereby lower picks/rookies/DFAs/steak knives aren't allowed to take higher numbers. IMP it should be a club policy that all first year players just get the lowest numbers available by default, and then after their first season they can change if they've earned it.
Agree, but also disagree. Think anything below the teens should be off-limits for new draftees. Its how Hawthorn does it under Clarko, IIRC. Though they haven't had a high draftee in ages so its mostly pick 16-18...

Back