Rumour Turmoil at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the Carlton supporters are now trying to turn on the Essendon supporters when the Essendon saga is over I'm not a foamer but if I was I'd suggest you could draw comparisons to Hird or even Voss with SOS. The Carlton supporters are going to let Silvagni tear the club apart and excuse his arrogance and forget about what trouble individual arrogance may have caused other clubs.
I am sorry but reading this you seem to be saying there is a cover up?
Why don't you share this information so we all know or are you simply someone who believes they are amusing to themself?
Have you read this information on WIKILEAKS?

Put up or shut up.

After reading bits and pieces of this page I'm a bit worried about why a Western Bulldogs supporter is spending so much time pushing trash. Im of the impression that when you put people together discussion and sometimes disagreement happens. Im not saying any of this stuff is true but who gives a s**t. Carlton won this trade period. Carlton won last period. Argument, discussion, seeking difference in opinion allows growth. We are in a growth stage so I'm glad.

On a few Debate points:

You can't use rumour as evidence to fuel your opinion. It's opinion and rumour that's it.
It was rumour that had Carlton taking ahern, Steele, Stewart. None of them came out and requested Carlton. In my OPINION we got exactly what we wanted. Marchbank and Pickett. We were forced to take palmer as a salary dump just like last year. He gets to finish his contract in blue then move on or delist/retire.
I don't care where Carlton players come from. I'm glad sos can use his links an inside information to get gws players and Imo Bolton was happy with what he got last year.
It was the last opportunity to take players from gws on the cheap as their list returns to the afl size and the cap comes down.

After reading bits and pieces of this page I'm a bit worried about why a Western Bulldogs supporter is spending so much time pushing trash. Im of the impression that when you put people together discussion and sometimes disagreement happens. Im not saying any of this stuff is true but who gives a s**t. Carlton won this trade period. Carlton won last period. Argument, discussion, seeking difference in opinion allows growth. We are in a growth stage so I'm glad.

On a few Debate points:

You can't use rumour as evidence to fuel your opinion. It's opinion and rumour that's it.
It was rumour that had Carlton taking ahern, Steele, Stewart. None of them came out and requested Carlton. In my OPINION we got exactly what we wanted. Marchbank and Pickett. We were forced to take palmer as a salary dump just like last year. He gets to finish his contract in blue then move on or delist/retire.
I don't care where Carlton players come from. I'm glad sos can use his links an inside information to get gws players and Imo Bolton was happy with what he got last year.
It was the last opportunity to take players from gws on the cheap as their list returns to the afl size and the cap comes down.
I suspect you're right, SOS knows them all and chose what he wanted.
Not sure about the negativety around Palmer though. I reckon he's a better chance than Pickett, injury risk mostly I admit, to play AFL regularly. We couldn't play him and Stevie J in the same side.

Who cares if Bolton or Silvagni are at loggerheads - Carlton supporters have done themselves a dis-service in this thread.
Whereas I'd say every other club commenting are doing themselves a dis-service. This is a stupid page and should be closed as it's clearly a non-issue. Weeks after the first post nothing has come out in the media with substance. Maybe those Carlton supporters defending their club are right.

Whereas I'd say every other club commenting are doing themselves a dis-service. This is a stupid page and should be closed as it's clearly a non-issue. Weeks after the first post nothing has come out in the media with substance. Maybe those Carlton supporters defending their club are right.
More over-sensitive calls to shut down a thread. Has 2 decades of mediocrity reduced you lot to such a precious disposition?

On a few Debate points:

What does a the Bulldogs winning the premiership have to do with a Bulldogs supporter passing on information he has heard regarding Carlton.
Fair enough you believe Bolton is happy but I've heard he is not.
Fair enough you think he got the players he wanted but I know he didn't.
I think some of the players rumoured to go to Carlton didn't nominate as they would have been told Bolton had stepped in and what SOS had originally been willing to give GWS had been reduced despite SOS having MCKay and Gleeson in his corner and going against Bolton

What does a the Bulldogs winning the premiership have to do with a Bulldogs supporter passing on information he has heard regarding Carlton.
Fair enough you believe Bolton is happy but I've heard he is not.
Fair enough you think he got the players he wanted but I know he didn't.
I think some of the players rumoured to go to Carlton didn't nominate as they would have been told Bolton had stepped in and what SOS had originally been willing to give GWS had been reduced despite SOS having MCKay and Gleeson in his corner and going against Bolton
I'm sure you can enlighten us to who he wanted to pick up then if you are so-called in the KNOW.

I'm sure you can enlighten us to who he wanted to pick up then if you are so-called in the KNOW.
It's got nothing to do with players as such,it's about being on the same page. No egos in selections could be playing a part in the fued as much as anything and Bolton not having much of a say. And of course Gleeson no longer being able to be trusted in his role.

Heard word that there is some trouble brewing down at the Blues between SOS and Bolton.
Apparently SOS is keen to again pick up some of the spare GWS players but Bolton wants to go to the draft and hasn't been that impressed with the majority of last year's rejects and doesn't want to go down that path again. He went to the board saying he didn't want to trade their first or second round selection and SOS is accusing him of stepping outside his boundaries but Bolton is adamant they need to draft and the club is a little split with McKay and Gleeson especially supporting SOS but apparently not to many others.
Has there ever not been turmoil at Carlton? We'll find out more as time goes on but at this stage the rebuild seems to be coming along well and the coaching staff seem to be up with modern footy which is a nice change.

The OP says Bolton didn't want to trade our first or second round picks, we ended up trading the pick we got for a 27 year old small defender. All up we ended up with Marchbank, Pickett and Palmer. I realise there's no hall of famers there but that's a pretty good result for the club, don't think Bolton or SOS would be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is probably hard at it prep for pre season training, looking ahead to season proper while Sause is on holiday somewhere till next years trade period. Still cant believe sause is getting paid more or equal that of bolton. Bolton would be pretty filthy considering sause tried to back stab him with mckay and gleeson by his side. trouble times down at carlton

Bolton is probably hard at it prep for pre season training, looking ahead to season proper while Sause is on holiday somewhere till next years trade period. Still cant believe sause is getting paid more or equal that of bolton. Bolton would be pretty filthy considering sause tried to back stab him with mckay and gleeson by his side. trouble times down at carltank
Why would Bolton be filthy? In the unlikely case that the rumour is true, there was a power struggle and Bolton won out by getting his way and Carlton keeping pick 5. If anything it would be SOS that was dark because he only managed to recruit 3 GWS players not the 6 we were rumoured to be interested in.

I'd assume that the op is the biggest load of crap ever posted on big footy. The club has been very clear to us members in the direction it is taking.

LOL yeah the members know about the inner workings and relationships inside a football club.

They would DEFINITELY tell you if a list manager and the head coach had a blue.

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahah

I don't care if you deny or call the rumour rubbish. It could be for all I care. What I care about is that some say the thread should be deleted. And when I provide a link supporting evidence that the rumour is out there and say it 'might' be related to this thread, the level of preciousness ramped up even further.

Do you think the thread should be deleted?

Ah, the noble defender of the right for baseless rumours to have threads. Where would defenceless s**t threads be without your shining armour? If only Mandela were here to see this then he would know that his years on Robben Island paid off!

Of course this thread should be deleted. Not because it's a stupid rumour supported by nothing more than senseless gossip but because this ******* thread is a waste of electrons. And we should all adhere to the principle of the conservation of energy and not waste electrons on crap like this.

Last edited:
Ah, the noble defender of the right for baseless rumours to have threads. Where would defenceless s**t threads be without your shining armour? If only Mandela were here to see this then he would know that his years on Robben Island paid off!

Of course this thread should be deleted. Not because it's a stupid rumour supported by nothing more than senseless gossip but because this ******* thread is a waste of electrons. And we should all adhere to the principle of the conservation of energy and not waste electrons on crap like this.
If wasted electrons were to be deleted, you wouldn't even be a memory!!

If wasted electrons were to be deleted, you wouldn't even be a memory!!

Oh, ha! Funny and original. But some how it reminds me of something I've seen before.

images

Who cares if Bolton or Silvagni are at loggerheads - Carlton supporters have done themselves a dis-service in this thread.
More over-sensitive calls to shut down a thread. Has 2 decades of mediocrity reduced you lot to such a precious disposition?
Funny given they could've had 2 more picks but wanted to get greedy. Then they could have got the GWS guys AND the draft.

SOS stuffed it for everybody really.
Wow. Unnecessary. Speaks volumes.
Still reeling them in D man. . . . . .
Oh, ha! Funny and original. But some how it reminds me of something I've seen before.

images
FB_IMG_1478000050290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back