Rumour Turmoil at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Carlton are struggling to get any trades completed when they had quite a few planned. I wonder how much the ongoing SOS/Bolton fued has to do with it?

If the fued wasn't real SOS would have just done the five for five trade (my mail said it was actually pick 5 for 4 players) and been done with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i applaud Carlton's decision to keep their contracted player. As he's contracted, it would've taken overs to get him, silly adelaide doesn't get that.

having said that, they will not build a premiership list if they keep treating list spots like garbage. it's extremely counter intuitive to think that you can beat one of the best lists in the game by picking off their junk. That should be done in a more calculated and less frequent way.

just like Carlton thought their best list manager also being one of the club's favourite sons is a coincidence. As is the fact that 9? ex GWS players just happen to be the best available options for 9 list spots. Lazy club not following due process is blatantly obvious.

i applaud Carlton's decision to keep their contracted player. As he's contracted, it would've taken overs to get him, silly adelaide doesn't get that.

having said that, they will not build a premiership list if they keep treating list spots like garbage. it's extremely counter intuitive to think that you can beat one of the best lists in the game by picking off their junk. That should be done in a more calculated and less frequent way.

just like Carlton thought their best list manager also being one of the club's favourite sons is a coincidence. As is the fact that 9? ex GWS players just happen to be the best available options for 9 list spots. Lazy club not following due process is blatantly obvious.
Comes across as a bit arrogant mate?
Your mob struggled for decades before getting it right.
They need to keep improving on what they have and I guess we need to look in 4 years time to know.

Pick 5 for 5 or 4 players was it......

How about 3 players from GWS and keep pick 5 !!
Umm,you kept pick 5 because Bolton went to the board which is why Gleeson went running to SOS which is why the clubs divided. SOS can't help himself though,still rummaging through the GWS garbage,just got less of them than he initially wanted.
Marchbank might be ok but all the other trades are list cloggers or more accurately more list cloggers and he has failed to get a pick for Gibbs by simply overrating a player who has never once received All Australian honours,who's a B grade footballer at best and is now expected to play in a team that not only he but his family don't want him to be at.

Umm,you kept pick 5 because Bolton went to the board which is why Gleeson went running to SOS which is why the clubs divided. SOS can't help himself though,still rummaging through the GWS garbage,just got less of them than he initially wanted.
Marchbank might be ok but all the other trades are list cloggers or more accurately more list cloggers and he has failed to get a pick for Gibbs by simply overrating a player who has never once received All Australian honours,who's a B grade footballer at best and is now expected to play in a team that not only he but his family don't want him to be at.
You aren't Adelaide's list manager are you?

At first your post did what you set out to achieve. Now we just laugh at you. Keep going! It's fantastic

Comes across as a bit arrogant mate?
Your mob struggled for decades before getting it right.
They need to keep improving on what they have and I guess we need to look in 4 years time to know.
my team has nothing to do with my opinion on carlton. apologies if i came across arrogant but end of the day they are just firm declarations of my opinion on this topic. feel free to pick at the content

At first your post did what you set out to achieve. Now we just laugh at you. Keep going! It's fantastic
Your own supporters had you linked to numerous GWS players and some had them linked to pick five. You only got two plus one that wasn't linked who you took to bring down the price of the others. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed for a reason. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed after Bolton went to the board? After the goings on over the past week there seems more reason to believe the OP than not. I'm sure you have supporters who claim to be in the know and if they are I can guarantee they know something is up between Bolton and Silvagni. Do you honestly believe Silvagni would not have tried to package up some of the GWS players who went to other clubs if he could have?

You hate Carlton,so i for one wouldnt have expected less of a comment from you.

Your own supporters had you linked to numerous GWS players and some had them linked to pick five. You only got two plus one that wasn't linked who you took to bring down the price of the others. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed for a reason. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed after Bolton went to the board? After the goings on over the past week there seems more reason to believe the OP than not. I'm sure you have supporters who claim to be in the know and if they are I can guarantee they know something is up between Bolton and Silvagni. Do you honestly believe Silvagni would not have tried to package up some of the GWS players who went to other clubs if he could have?
Just because players are linked doesn't mean they would all be traded in to a certain club. Clubs needs change on a daily basis when it comes to trade week. Points come into it. Prospective contracts do as well. I thought we did pretty well at the trade table. Everyone of those traded in were first rd picks. Some more talented than others. We gained more depth that we previously had and kept pick 5 and 25. SOS and Bolts did a fantastic job. When there is infighting at our football club, those in the know seem to get that information and pass it on to other Carlton supporters pretty quick. The fact that know one has heard anything of the sort tells me that your information is most likely made up just to get a few likes on a football forum

You hate Carlton,so i for one wouldnt have expected less of a comment from you.
No,I would actually like to see Carlton climb back up the ladder and I'd like to see Bolton get a fair run at it. Steele and Stewart going to other clubs other than Carlton while being very strongly linked all season and then Parmer going to Carlton to simply bring down the price of the other two down shows something has changed. What has changed? Has this obvious change in direction got anything to do with Bolton and how has this effected his relationship with Silvagni? I'd say it wouldn't have really mattered that much if Gleeson acted more professional and this is what's caused the fued. The fued was pointed out weeks ago and there has been a clear change of direction since then.

No,I would actually like to see Carlton climb back up the ladder and I'd like to see Bolton get a fair run at it. Steele and Stewart going to other clubs other than Carlton while being very strongly linked all season and then Parmer going to Carlton to simply bring down the price of the other two down shows something has changed. What has changed? Has this obvious change in direction got anything to do with Bolton and how has this effected his relationship with Silvagni? I'd say it wouldn't have really mattered that much if Gleeson acted more professional and this is what's caused the fued. The fued was pointed out weeks ago and there has been a clear change of direction since then.
I suggest you go back a check our sources information on Steele. SOS said he was a speed bump. You are still making things up as you go mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back