Modern Turn it up! Man on the moon. Exciting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Just watching various tv shows. Wasnt it exciting?

Pessimistic was maybe 10 in a northern english village.

I dont know where they got the TV from but we watched it for hours and the picture was only slightly better than a tv with no aerial.

So to all you xs ys and zs dont believe the hype. it was as boring as batshit an afternoon I hve ever spent. I think I zoned out when armstrong uttered his famous words

See simpsons episode "yummy yummy yummuy I've got love in my tummy"

Not all the world was glued to the TV, but now they claim they were - for a buck

My most abiding memory is walking home from the railway station on the night of the temporary human tenancy. As usual, being the fit lad I then was, I was first out of the station, and started walking down the road leading to my joint. As I walked, I happened to look upwards and saw the moon. I realised that for the first time ever, a couple of 'my mob' were up there, though I couldn't quite make out their features:). I returned my gaze to the direction in which I was walking. I then thought to look behind me. As had I, all of the fifty or so people following me, were transfixed by what I had been watching. I can only assume they were thinking much the same as I had.

So, the experience of the moon landings which most affected me involved no technology at all. Later on, I saw all of the live and recorded footage on TV, as you do. Admittedly, in retrospect, the quality of the pics wasn't great, but it was immeasurably better than any previous on site renderings of the planet I'd seen i.e. none at all.

See simpsons episode "yummy yummy yummuy I've got love in my tummy"

Not all the world was glued to the TV, but now they claim they were - for a buck

Arguably, the worst song ever written. ****ing bubble gum, so-called music.

Arguably, the worst song ever written. ****ing bubble gum, so-called music.
C'mon admit it you run around your place in your jocks vacuuming and listening to it on a Sony Walkman:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol all of you... I was born on the day the moon walk was interrupted by a 'problem'..
imagineer that to me as to what I am supposed to feel...
So the moon became my friend eventually but shall ever be a bit less 'taught' and 'terrific'...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back