Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Just seen the new 7 graphics in action- don't mind them at all. Would prefer they were top left though. Not sure why 7 when they got the rights back in '07 have insisted on bottom left scorebugs..

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Really liking the new 7 graphic now we’ve seen it a few times.

The only slight change I’d make is to maybe change the colours to make the background ine the same as the jumper. It’d offer better contrast I think.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really liking the new 7 graphic now we’ve seen it a few times.

The only slight change I’d make is to maybe change the colours to make the background ine the same as the jumper. It’d offer better contrast I think.

Yep agree. If you are going to go to the trouble of doing club colour based themes, who not just have 2 per club and use the one that matches their jumper? Surely not that hard, half of them would just have a white alternate with the text being the club colour (black/blue/red/etc).

Still can't believe Fox dont do this properly either

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Yep agree. If you are going to go to the trouble of doing club colour based themes, who not just have 2 per club and use the one that matches their jumper? Surely not that hard, half of them would just have a white alternate with the text being the club colour (black/blue/red/etc).

Still can't believe Fox dont do this properly either

Fox Footy did around 2009-11when they had the jumpers in the mini score.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's trash. What kind of scoreboard doesn't have a team name? It's so stupid that I don't see it lasting more than 1 season once 7 comes to their senses.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
It's trash. What kind of scoreboard doesn't have a team name? It's so stupid that I don't see it lasting more than 1 season once 7 comes to their senses.
Depends how long Fox NFL has graphics of the same style, me thinks.

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fox changed their AFL score bug last year
They've made refinements over the three seasons but it's the same concept now since 2018.

Normally the NRL is the first guinea pig when it comes to a new scorebug so I'd keep an eye on that on March 11 and a week later we could see the same in the AFL.

new0066

Team Captain
Jan 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
yeh, they made it smaller which I don’t understand the reason

Attachments

• 1BE515FC-9D3A-49A4-AC27-8ACA476C4254.png
    1BE515FC-9D3A-49A4-AC27-8ACA476C4254.png
    426.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2FDA77F4-A054-4DEF-8067-B2574C705AA3.png
    2FDA77F4-A054-4DEF-8067-B2574C705AA3.png
    374 KB · Views: 113
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
As far as I can tell, they only keep the scorebug minimised until one team scores a goal, and from then on they show the full expanded score. Seems a bit pointless to me. Either always have it, or never have it.

They have scaled the whole thing down slightly though, which looks much better. Also noticed Gold Coast now has yellow numbers which is good to see. White wasn't necessary for them.

View attachment 1053088
So it definitely matches what the teams are wearing, which is good

Kit colours are only used for the scorebug though, not for any of the other associated graphics. Which is probably all you really need it for, but it does look a little awkward when they bring up a different graphic at the same time which has a maroon background, such as the player info during a set shot or that stats comparison bar on the right hand side of the screen.

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades, Clemson Tigers
1612770108359.png

CBS New NFL Scorebug
-Flatter
-Logos are now in left corner
-Bolder Font
-Clock is off centered
-Graphic is now mostly Black
-New Touchdown Graphic
1612770341198.png

Feels a little weird, reminds me of Spark Sport's Graphics and FOX NFL's old scorebug.
Also the Touchdown Graphic in Bucs Colours is an eyesore, hopefully soon we can see it in better suiting colours.

View attachment 1053780
CBS New NFL Scorebug
-Flatter
-Logos are now in left corner
-Bolder Font
-Clock is off centered
-Graphic is now mostly Black
-New Touchdown Graphic
View attachment 1053782
Feels a little weird, reminds me of Spark Sport's Graphics and FOX NFL's old scorebug.
Also the Touchdown Graphic in Bucs Colours is an eyesore, hopefully soon we can see it in better suiting colours.
Also had the teams logos with an embossed effect in all other graphic areas.
The broadcasters generally use the Super Bowl to introduce a new graphics suite, and use it in the seasons that follow.

Back