Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I didn't want to hijack lmach8's thread as it seems he is planning a large portfolio of all different sports and networks, so I thought I'd start another one to showcase my designs and maybe others can put theirs in here too.

I designed these way back in 2006/07 when Seven were first regaining the rights. I knew they'd come in handy one day, and the other thread inspired me to dust them off and show them. I have got more than just the scorebug, I thought of as many graphics that are shown as possible.

Firstly, the main scoreboard centre bottom of screen after a goal:
MajorScoreboard.jpg

Scorebug in top left, and expanding after a behind:
Scorebug.jpg

Player info (shown when lining up for goal, etc)
PlayerInfo.jpg

Commentators:
CommentatorsDisplay.jpg

Random graphics:
Umpires-Attendance-Top5.jpg

Interchange. Not really used anymore due to the large number of interchanges, but could now be used for substitutions:
Interchange.jpg

Thoughts??

Re: lmach8's Scoreboard Graphic Designs

Heres one that took me about 5 minutes, it meant to be at the bottom of the screen like the NBA.
gfhfdhfdhafd.jpg

Fox Footy used to have something like that IIRC. I think your scores are wrong, 23 goals equals 138 plus 12 points would be 150 and Chokewood wouldn't be able to get a goal in the first quarter.

I've always preferred the wider scoreboard. Last year's Fox Sports design was perfect. It was well designed, clean, and easy to understand. The criteria for a good scoreboard design is simple, and Fox nailed it.

Perhaps you could integrate the Premiership Season logo into a scoreboard?

An all silver box. With a blue outline. Team names would be in the same blue as the outside. Then a red box for scores, with white numbering inside. Then to the left would be the same chrome silver background. With blue writing the quarter number, and then time. Everything would conform to a 90 degree angle. Having the AFL logo to the left would perhaps add some 'interest' and colour to the design.

HAW [ 66 ] FREM [77] | 4th 22:09

Of course, words and html can't showcase this in the best light. But with added shading and chrome effects, I think it'd look great.

If you wanted personalisation, you could perhaps make the font of the team have a colour representing the club. So, using the above example, HAW would be in brown. FREM in purple.

I've always preferred the wider scoreboard. Last year's Fox Sports design was perfect. It was well designed, clean, and easy to understand. The criteria for a good scoreboard design is simple, and Fox nailed it.

Perhaps you could integrate the Premiership Season logo into a scoreboard?

An all silver box. With a blue outline. Team names would be in the same blue as the outside. Then a red box for scores, with white numbering inside. Then to the left would be the same chrome silver background. With blue writing the quarter number, and then time. Everything would conform to a 90 degree angle. Having the AFL logo to the left would perhaps add some 'interest' and colour to the design.

HAW [ 66 ] FREM [77] | 4th 22:09

Of course, words and html can't showcase this in the best light. But with added shading and chrome effects, I think it'd look great.

If you wanted personalisation, you could perhaps make the font of the team have a colour representing the club. So, using the above example, HAW would be in brown. FREM in purple.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of making an alternate version of the one above, in a 'Bottom of the Screen' scoreboard format. I'm just a work though, so I doubt the boss would be impressed. Haha. I'll have a crack when I get home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a way to spend a Wednesday
scoregraph3.png
That's pretty much it.

Except a little more chrome looking. Also, just the AFL logo at the end, not the full Premiership Season one.

I was basically ripping off the Premier League design.

0,,10415~10236780,00.jpeg

Re: TV Broadcast Graphics

They wouldn't look out of place in a retro compilation. So that's a positive. For 2006/2007, these look great, but certainly dated.

I've always thought Fox Sports scoreboard (presentation as a whole) looked totally unprofessional, especially since they've added those terrible uniform thumbnails...
Hope a big change in their broadcast is on the way for Fox Footy.

As ugly as it is, it would probably look less dated with the new Crows logo as well.

I Had A Crack At A TV Graphic I Think Its To Dark But What Do You Guys Think

tvgraphicsafl.jpg

It looks like it would fit in a video game but not realistically in a match.

This is one i came up with i think it is to dark but what do you guys think

tvgraphicsafl.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back