Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Using their graphics and calling the whole match, or using 7's graphics and call and then BJ etc would talk between overs? Scorchers game was the latter. Was kind of annoying.
They used their graphics and called the whole match. Andy Maher and some others were on Seven.

Decided to do my own version of what Fox Cricket could've gone with if they followed the rest of the Fox suite in use for AFL, NRL, A-League and V8's

0q4hgQ7.png

aA7cIsK.png

eMbwFEz.png

Having done it I can see why they haven't stuck with it.

(also, ignore the actual stats, they probably don't line up)

Decided to do my own version of what Fox Cricket could've gone with if they followed the rest of the Fox suite in use for AFL, NRL, A-League and V8's

0q4hgQ7.png

aA7cIsK.png

eMbwFEz.png

yeah, the stats are wrong. the current australian test team couldn't last 13 overs without losing a wicket.

0q4hgQ7.png

aA7cIsK.png

eMbwFEz.png

hey bro any chance you can share this?

Surely if you’re working for Fox you could get the actual files from them and make a more accurate one.

The fox graphics is technically a dynamically changing background. If you look closely in the AFL scorebug, you'll see the backgrounds of the team names "flow"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks as though Channel 9 are just using the in-house Australian Open graphics rather than having their own as 7 used to do.

Not a bad decision, the AO graphics are definitely not the best, but they aren't the worst either. Fairly clean and easy to read, but the glossy look is becoming a little dated. I'd be curious to see what Nine would have come up with if they made their own though, something similar to last summers cricket graphics would be the most likely option

Not a bad decision, the AO graphics are definitely not the best, but they aren't the worst either. Fairly clean and easy to read, but the glossy look is becoming a little dated. I'd be curious to see what Nine would have come up with if they made their own though, something similar to last summers cricket graphics would be the most likely option

It just feels lazy to me. This is their big ticket summer sport and they’re acting like an international rights holder rather than a host brodacaster which, even though they technically weren’t, Seven always acted as if they were.

Nine’s treatment of the lead up tournaments was very ordinary. Relegated to secondary channels while they showed a 73rd repeat of The Hangover on the main channel.

It just feels lazy to me. This is their big ticket summer sport and they’re acting like an international rights holder rather than a host brodacaster which, even though they technically weren’t, Seven always acted as if they were.

I'm the opposite. I think it fits the 9 broadcast quite well, the colours and general design of the scorebug and graphics package goes well with the 9WWOS logo in the top corner and 9's general branding.

I'm the opposite. I think it fits the 9 broadcast quite well, the colours and general design of the scorebug and graphics package goes well with the 9WWOS logo in the top corner and 9's general branding.
I actually think Nine's decision to take the tournament graphics is brilliant. At Rod Laver last year I was watching the broadcast in the concourse waiting for a change of ends and was impressed at how much more professional the official tournament presentation was compared to seven. And as was mentioned earlier, if you didn't know any better the blue would suggest it works great with nine.

Nine have been close to flawless with their presentation so far, the graphics are great, the location of the desk near the Melbourne park entrance is a nice change and the advertisements (while annoying as all ads are) have been much cleaner and seamless compared to seven.

Nine have been close to flawless with their presentation so far, the graphics are great, the location of the desk near the Melbourne park entrance is a nice change and the advertisements (while annoying as all ads are) have been much cleaner and seamless compared to seven.

That same, tired view of Rod Laver used by Seven since it was built does get a bit boring, so it's nice to see a change. Agree with everything else too, although it still is only Day 1, still 13 days left they can bugger up

I'm not sure if it's because I've had less of an interest this year or I'm not watching enough Nine, but has there been hardly any promos this year? I honestly forgot it started today and only remembered when I flicked on the TV this morning. I could swear Seven used to saturate all of their channels with promos for the tennis

That same, tired view of Rod Laver used by Seven since it was built does get a bit boring, so it's nice to see a change. Agree with everything else too, although it still is only Day 1, still 13 days left they can bugger up

I'm not sure if it's because I've had less of an interest this year or I'm not watching enough Nine, but has there been hardly any promos this year? I honestly forgot it started today and only remembered when I flicked on the TV this morning. I could swear Seven used to saturate all of their channels with promos for the tennis
Nine hadn't plenty of promos all over their channels for the last two months pretty much. They even had their ads on Foxtel promoting they had the tennis, can remember watching Fox8 and thinking it was weird there was a nine ad. And yesterday they did a full spread front page ad on The Age and SMH advertising the tennis on nine, I guess because they own the newspapers now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back