Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe that Port and Collingwood both want to wear black and white stripes when that is clearly Hawthorne's traditional jumper, smh.

To be honest these are way better than the graphics they used in the end

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

my first ch7 remake of their AFL coverage in 2019. Top is Ch7 On-Air Scorebug
Bottom is my remake

Attachments

• ch7.PNG
    ch7.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 475

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointing that Fox footy don’t follow the nrl and use the logos on the scoreboard and match the colour to the teams jumper.

On a side note, is it me or is the main tv camera at the MCG slightly to the left? I thought it used to be dead center!

Pretty disappointing that Fox footy don’t follow the nrl and use the logos on the scoreboard and match the colour to the teams jumper.

On a side note, is it me or is the main tv camera at the MCG slightly to the left? I thought it used to be dead center!
They were matching the jumper colours for a while when they first used the new package last season but they gave up pretty quickly

Probably coz (just like the rest of us) they could never guess what jumpers would be used!
They were pretty bad with the A-League too, they would just put the away team in their away colours regardless of what jersey they were wearing. I would see City running around in sky blue while the graphic was red. Pretty amateur.

They were pretty bad with the A-League too, they would just put the away team in their away colours regardless of what jersey they were wearing. I would see City running around in sky blue while the graphic was red. Pretty amateur.

Man that frustrated me so much. But I swear early in the season they would occasionally use the home colours for the away team, only for the away team to actually run out in their away strip! I think they just gave up in the end.

Thing is, they have the capacity to change it on the run. I think it was the Gold Coast-Fremantle game earlier this year, where they had the white graphic for Freo, but they wore their home kit. A couple of mins into the game, the scorebug disappeared for a second, and reappeared with the purple graphic. If it can't be coordinated ahead of time, surely they can quickly change it as they see the teams running onto the field.

BE6FD25C-DB39-471B-AC30-184432A0D0D8.png
This looks to be the graphics for the upcoming World Cup, obviously modelled on the champions trophy and Women’s T20 World Cup graphics.

Man that frustrated me so much. But I swear early in the season they would occasionally use the home colours for the away team, only for the away team to actually run out in their away strip! I think they just gave up in the end.

Thing is, they have the capacity to change it on the run. I think it was the Gold Coast-Fremantle game earlier this year, where they had the white graphic for Freo, but they wore their home kit. A couple of mins into the game, the scorebug disappeared for a second, and reappeared with the purple graphic. If it can't be coordinated ahead of time, surely they can quickly change it as they see the teams running onto the field.
They're actually still doing this on FOX League - the Dragons wore a black indigenous round jumper on Sunday and they made the scoreboard black with red text.

It would be so easy to do.

Yeah they have changed it on the fly for West Coast games before, they had our royal graphics for the first quarter of a few of our peril games then fixed it at quarter time on a few occasions last year.

I quite like the WC graphics actually, all the info clearly visible in a much more exciting style than most scorebugs. Will be good when I settle in for the Aussie matches I get a chance to watch (Saturday night cricket binge!)

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 9.46.40 pm.png

I quite like the WC graphics actually, all the info clearly visible in a much more exciting style than most scorebugs. Will be good when I settle in for the Aussie matches I get a chance to watch (Saturday night cricket binge!)

View attachment 683519

I feel like the flags could have been incorporated into the edges of the main 'pill' and it would look a lot better (i.e. England to the left of the batter names and SA to the right of the bowler over count). Overall though I really like it and the fact the dark coloured bug stays on screen when there are other graphics so the score is always visible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back