Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Obviously we won’t know until there’s an actual Foxtel game but that’s more what I was expecting from them. That’s much more similar to their scorebug in AFL/NRL/everything else.
If it is changed this year I think it’s most likely to be something like that.
Next chance we will have to look at them will be tomorrow at the PM’s XI game, before the T20I series starts in a few days

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
7’s graphics are so crap, looks like when an online broadcast tries to get professional TV style graphics.
Fox must want to follow suit.

It looks better in this form IMO

I agree it has some great features, but the tacky powerpoint overlays and this setup are both awful
1571893236434.png

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Could this be an option?
View attachment 769696

Look it has some potential but needs some fixing too. I know it is early in the summer but they are using both old and new graphics throughout the broadcasts which could mean they are still testing different aspects before the Internationals come around.
IMO remove the tacky overlay and this has some real potential.

I still find it funny your avatar is Maxi Foods, best supermarket in Ballarat.
I'm also 90% sure its of the old Maxi at my local supermarket

Could this be an option?
View attachment 769696

Look it has some potential but needs some fixing too. I know it is early in the summer but they are using both old and new graphics throughout the broadcasts which could mean they are still testing different aspects before the Internationals come around.

Funny looking state match there.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Didn't know you were in the area!
I think caloschwaby is too (or someone plays down at Blackburn)

Let's grab a pint soon then

Never lived in the area (never a Whitehorse resident) but my dad used to and Maxi Foods felt like the only supermarket in the area we went to.

I don't do grog so that's one more sip for you.

I think @caloschwaby is too (or someone plays down at Blackburn)
Somewhat in the area, though more Lilydale way. Can't say I recognise the shop haha
Have family connection to the Blackburn footy club which is where I get some locality back :)

Somewhat in the area, though more Lilydale way. Can't say I recognise the shop haha
Have family connection to the Blackburn footy club which is where I get some locality back :)
Lilydale line represent

I'll have a pint with you haha

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I actually don't mind the graphics package. It is clean and easy to decipher and allows for the main info to remain while other stats are shown.

My only gripe is the continued use of the texta style font for the team names and players last names. Every thing else is clean, and this just stands out as not fitting with the overall package.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I actually don't mind the graphics package. It is clean and easy to decipher and allows for the main info to remain while other stats are shown.

My only gripe is the continued use of the texta style font for the team names and players last names. Every thing else is clean, and this just stands out as not fitting with the overall package.
I would have to agree. When I first saw the new graphics I didn't like them at all however as time has gone on and seen it for Internationals, I dont mind it at all. I would like though more of a clear view on what graphics they want to go with. They seem to be transferring from this seasons to last seasons too much- using both.

The new graphics are used for the scorebug and bowling/batters info however the old ones are used for team lineups, team scorecard, summary, and pre match bottom strip.

Back