Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

f6d7db480ff039d66444baed4127b52e.jpg

This has got to be the worst scorebug we’ve seen

fox footy's new graphics they keep the goals and behinds on during the whole of play now not something you see everyday for an afl graphic

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 2.12.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 2.12.11 pm.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Nice improvement. Most people have monster TVs these days. Can afford to take some more screen real estate.
If people have bigger TV's these days though, wouldn't you make the scorebug smaller because it will be easier to read on a larger screen? I reckon they've done it for the opposite reason, more people streaming on tablets and phones need a larger scorebug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox's updates to their broadcast package has been really neat! Addition of goals and behinds to the bug is nice, doesn't detract too much. Think the small goal animation with the short snippet of some stock music is really underrated as well.

Their after goal graphic bumpers and stings are the best though. Just the team colours and design in the animation and player details look fantastic. Would be good to get a group of them all together as examples

If people have bigger TV's these days though, wouldn't you make the scorebug smaller because it will be easier to read on a larger screen? I reckon they've done it for the opposite reason, more people streaming on tablets and phones need a larger scorebug.

Is it even bigger though? Its just stacked instead of inline. I would argue the size of the actual text is exactly the same as it was before.

I like it. It's clean, and straight to the point. Just wish they did match the guernsey's main colour to the scorebug, like has been mentioned but don't mind it at all.

They did the whole guernsey colour thing in 2018 but abandoned it because they kept getting it wrong, even though they proved on at least one occasion that it was changeable mid-game. Maybe they just put it in the too hard basket?

Fox's updates to their broadcast package has been really neat! Addition of goals and behinds to the bug is nice, doesn't detract too much. Think the small goal animation with the short snippet of some stock music is really underrated as well.

Their after goal graphic bumpers and stings are the best though. Just the team colours and design in the animation and player details look fantastic. Would be good to get a group of them all together as examples

Couldn't disagree more on the stock music. Hate it! It was ok in previous years when they only seemed to use it for analysis-style replays, but now doing it after every goal is just too much. The worst part is that they've started playing a 30-second sting straight after the final siren, meaning you can't hear the club song being played! To me that first rendition of the club song post-siren is an integral part of footy that was completely ruined by Fox on the weekend, especially considering nobody was at the games.

Couldn't disagree more on the stock music. Hate it! It was ok in previous years when they only seemed to use it for analysis-style replays, but now doing it after every goal is just too much. The worst part is that they've started playing a 30-second sting straight after the final siren, meaning you can't hear the club song being played! To me that first rendition of the club song post-siren is an integral part of footy that was completely ruined by Fox on the weekend, especially considering nobody was at the games.

The stock music is a deliberate attempt to mask the lack of atmosphere. Pretty clever. Wouldn't be happening with crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back