Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Well aside from robert walls and a few others in the box
Even Wallsy and Vossy on the 5th Quarter could be carried by the rest being superb

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
C7 Sport's broadcast graphics in 2000
1590407811745.png

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Seven debuted new graphics tonight- much more fresh and modern colour palettes.
Not too sure if the new graphics would mean new footy graphics on Thursday but can defiantly see new cricket graphics this summer.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Time to get ready for new graphics tonight, I reckon. The timing is right. Plus the new font and new 7 Sport logo used on the Front Bar last night seems to indicate change is afoot. They didn't seem to be able to match it up nicely with the HD overlay though.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 14.57.56.png

Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Time to get ready for new graphics tonight, I reckon. The timing is right. Plus the new font and new 7 Sport logo used on the Front Bar last night seems to indicate change is afoot. They didn't seem to be able to match it up nicely with the HD overlay though.

View attachment 890352
7EDE2DC8-2139-4F8F-8496-A8C5B4AE5200.jpeg

They worked it out in Adelaide, where it wasn't Live and I guess they didn't want to just put the word Free up there.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I would hope we would see new graphics tonight but doubt it seeing the season has already commenced but definitely for the upcoming summer of cricket and AFL 2021

I would hope we would see new graphics tonight but doubt it seeing the season has already commenced but definitely for the upcoming summer of cricket and AFL 2021

Technically the season has already commenced, but it's been two and a half months since we played only one round of matches. It would be strange for Seven to update all their graphics (including the Seven Sport bug which we saw on The Front Bar last night) but not update the scorebug

It seems like a whole network refresh though, there's little value in holding graphics that work within the wider network look another 3 months because they have already broadcasted 4 games of football this year.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Technically the season has already commenced, but it's been two and a half months since we played only one round of matches. It would be strange for Seven to update all their graphics (including the Seven Sport bug which we saw on The Front Bar last night) but not update the scorebug

I don't think it would be strange at all. The fact that there has only been one round of matches is neither here nor there really, if it was round 13 like usual this week I doubt they'd be changing the AFL graphics. They didn't know the whole comp was going to go on hiatus for three months and decide to just use the old graphics for round one. This all seems to me to really just be a fairly standard network/channel refresh (idents, bumpers, etc) which was timed to coincide with the launch of Big Brother. Seven News haven’t changed their graphics for example.

I'd love for them to have new AFL graphics, but I think if they were going to do it, they would have done so at the start of the season. I don't think I've ever seen any network in any sport change their graphics mid-season.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I don't think it would be strange at all. The fact that there has only been one round of matches is neither here nor there really, if it was round 13 like usual this week I doubt they'd be changing the AFL graphics. They didn't know the whole comp was going to go on hiatus for three months and decide to just use the old graphics for round one. This all seems to me to really just be a fairly standard network/channel refresh (idents, bumpers, etc) which was timed to coincide with the launch of Big Brother. Seven News haven’t changed their graphics for example.

I'd love for them to have new AFL graphics, but I think if they were going to do it, they would have done so at the start of the season. I don't think I've ever seen any network in any sport change their graphics mid-season.
Exactly. When Fox changed their graphics a few years ago, the soccer still stayed with the old graphics for the remainder of the season whilst AFL and NRL moved to new graphics

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Re-negotiated TV deal announced tonight, which also involves a reduction in production costs by Seven. Could mean it might be a while before we see new graphics. Unless it was already in the works before Covid, its probably seen as an unnecessary expense to give them a complete overhaul.

Back