Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably because they’re trying to get out of their contract
Yep 100%- by having new graphics show you are invested in the product long term. Why make new graphics if you want to get out of the contract. That’s just another although minor thing can CA can bring up to avoid any termination

Yep 100%- by having new graphics show you are invested in the product long term. Why make new graphics if you want to get out of the contract. That’s just another although minor thing can CA can bring up to avoid any termination
I don't think they are actually trying to terminate the deal, just want a re-negotiation like the other sports codes have had.

Didn’t they put in a termination letter two weeks ago with CA having 14 days to respond though?
They need to make it seem like they are serious about walking away in order to force a re-negotiation. They would actually have no intention of losing the rights in reality though.

Well given Seven's gripe simply boils down to the fact that they're trying to cut an extra $50m in costs, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to start needlessly spending on new graphics.

Channel 10's rugby graphic looks like a can of deoderant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really, really, reaaaaally hope this Grand Final is the last time we see Seven's current graphics for a premiership season match.

Just on broadcasters, I don't think Geelong have ever won a grand final shown on Seven :(

1963 would have been on Seven wouldn't it? Albeit not live, possibly not in full? I'm not sure how the TV broadcasts worked back then. Gibbsy might know.

But yes, all the 89-95 era GFs were on Seven, and the lone GF in the 07-11 era on Seven was 2008, the other three were on Ten. Talk about an omen...

based purely on this i'm gonna load up on the tigs
Save us Cameron Ling, you're our only hope.
1603317604859.png

Channel Nine and Stan have won the rugby rights, they will also launch a stan addon called Stan Sport which will compete with Kayo and Optus Sport for Sport Streaming Rights. A Nine Rugby Scorebug, hopefully not like their NRL scorebug.

Channel Nine and Stan have won the rugby rights, they will also launch a stan addon called Stan Sport which will compete with Kayo and Optus Sport for Sport Streaming Rights. A Nine Rugby Scorebug, hopefully not like their NRL scorebug.
it will be intresting to see how they do it whether they use the channel 9 branding, graphics and production for the games that are exculusive on stan, and whether they use channel 9 branded microphones for the game on stan, rugby Australia or stan ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back