rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
I believe Spark is like Telstra, they're the privatised successor of the old Telecom NZ - they're obviously targeting graphics to be visible on mobile devices as well as on TV. It's fine but does look weird seeing such big graphics in HD.
You can tell it's optimised for mobile - this is a webcam pic of my phone. The text is still really clear (granted its a Pixel 3XL) despite being on a smaller screen. The Fox Cricket graphics look great on a big TV (I have Foxtel 4K/UHD on a 65" LG) but you see they're not optimised for the smaller screen. Spark being a telco first is probably why they've gone that route. The NBL did something similar a few years back when they returned to Foxtel - they wanted a product that would look good in a mobile-first world rather than just looking good on the TV.

Photo on 29-11-20 at 15.02.jpg
Photo on 29-11-20 at 15.05.jpg

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
I know it's a scoreboard rather than a scorebug, but can I please give a dishonorable mention to the mcg scoreboard for the cricket. Poor hierarchy of information (extras permanently displayed in the fourth row of information??), rounds the overs (ie says over 8 rather than 7.3), doesn't tell you who the fielder is, barely shows any bowling stats, and when a new player is introduced, it tells you what number they are by saying "shirt 99." Wtf is shirt?!?

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
I know it's a scoreboard rather than a scorebug, but can I please give a dishonorable mention to the mcg scoreboard for the cricket. Poor hierarchy of information (extras permanently displayed in the fourth row of information??), rounds the overs (ie says over 8 rather than 7.3), doesn't tell you who the fielder is, barely shows any bowling stats, and when a new player is introduced, it tells you what number they are by saying "shirt 99." Wtf is shirt?!?
The MCG scoreboard is the worst I have seen in the cricketing world. The level 1 scoreboard may as well not exist, it is so small.

Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The MCG scoreboard is the worst I have seen in the cricketing world. The level 1 scoreboard may as well not exist, it is so small.

It’s disappointing they didn’t change the level 1 scorecard when they moved to the new led boards rather then the ones that hang down

Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
New Zealand cricket livestream grahics

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 3.39.59 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 3.39.59 pm.png
    91 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 3.40.44 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 3.40.44 pm.png
    686.1 KB · Views: 107
The level 1 LED ones used to be bigger before they converted the whole ground to LED advertising.
Normally for limited overs games the display the overs correctly its only the tests they round up

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Hopefully we see some sort of new graphics tonight which it looks like we will by the pre game stuff

Won’t be, different producers to the AFL coverage so these will be the state graphics just AFLW pink
Better not be, this is one irritating scorebug

Back