Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades, Clemson Tigers
Just a reminder that tomorrow there is a New Broacaster Alert: Stan Sport and Nine will begin it's Super Rugby AU Coverage tomorrow, Any ideas on how it'll look?

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Just a reminder that tomorrow there is a New Broacaster Alert: Stan Sport and Nine will begin it's Super Rugby AU Coverage tomorrow, Any ideas on how it'll look?
I'd assume it'll look similar to their NRL coverage - fairly basic sans serif - with blue and white WWOS theming - or it'll be a bespoke Super Rugby AU package in blue and aqua to match RA's brand

Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some photos from the Stan sports trial live stream today...
C8B94206-2C19-47BC-94CD-DB44E3E437F2.jpeg
3A5D3564-DBA2-4366-9146-F3A3E18B489D.jpeg
F63692B7-C91F-468A-B544-95DBCB821697.jpeg
A0FBCED0-E448-40AA-9AF9-CC1BE97886E7.jpeg

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
20210219_200754.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo, Decent graphics fron Stan/9, Both sharing the same broadcast, Looks a bit like a mix of Sky NZ and 9, i like it.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
DA2507B2-ED40-4446-A1B3-45F7375E3366.png

Slightly clearer shot here. They’ve got the same problem as Optus of too many watermarks, though Stan at least have one corner empty.

Its just ok. Feels a lot like a mockup from here tbh. Flick between Nine and Gem to compare against the slicker tennis graphics and it instantly makes the rugby feel amateurish.

Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 1061297

Slightly clearer shot here. They’ve got the same problem as Optus of too many watermarks, though Stan at least have one corner empty.

Its just ok. Feels a lot like a mockup from here tbh. Flick between Nine and Gem to compare against the slicker tennis graphics and it instantly makes the rugby feel amateurish.
It feels to much like a livestream, I hope they atleast make it look better for the wallabies games

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One thing I find that Stan sports seem to be doing that seems weird is they seem to be removing the hour long pre game... It would be good if you had an option to watch it...

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

seaforthswan

glebegreyhound
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
UTS Bats, Manly Marlins
7 needs to keep the new scorebug to just the total score like they do until a goal is kicked in AFLW.
Going from clock > logo > score is so fresh and neat
Keep the G.B. to kick outs and ball ups. The full thing is stupidly long

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
One thing I find that Stan sports seem to be doing that seems weird is they seem to be removing the hour long pre game... It would be good if you had an option to watch it...
The Hour Long Pre Game is on Stan, the Force/Brumbies game had no pre game because it was a double header.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The stream of the Port vs Crows trials just using Excel for it's scoreboard, looks ok though.View attachment 1066293
I haven't done macros in like 5 years so i thought i would give it a try, managed to get a working scoreboard using the above colours as a ref

1615005065021.png

Currently it's pretty minimal but it does the following:
- 1 click button to add Goal or behind, same to remove (in case of score decision change), no need to manually calculate
- Team selection by a list, auto-populating the nickname on scorebug
- Conditional Logos on team selection they auto-populate using Power Of Optimism's amazing minimal logos

Things i could change
- Add conditional colours on team background
- Stopwatch function (start/stop timer)
- Conditional data grab based on quarter that grabs stop clock time, stats and feeds into a second scorebug with overall view
- Button to change the "QTR" state
- Potential flashing text or animation on Goal Add
- Button for temporarily (fade id/fade out) score worm (excel graph), assigning a timestamp to each button click so that goals for and against can be tracked on a table

To be honest macros are nifty, i'd forgotten how powerful excel can be

if anyone is keen, the main macro for adding a value to a cell is

Sub T1GoalAdd()
Sheet1.[E24] = Sheet1.[E24].Value + 6
End Sub

Where T1GoalAdd is the macro name, in this case assigned to the first button for Team 1
E24 is the current score for Team 1 and the Value is the score value to add

You can manipulate this macro for behinds etc

Last edited:
Back