Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Moosen

Draftee
Dec 3, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In Round 2, GC v NM, the GC score was Red base Yellow text during the game but during HT break was a Sky base Yellow text.

Give me a quaint country venue over a soulless concrete bowl any day.
GMHBA has the most atmosphere in a footy stadium that I've been to. Adelaide oval second.
Something about having just one or two teams occupy the stadium makes it really feel different

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The WAFL on 7 [and I assume the other state leagues] continuing with last years graphics package.
1617356921453.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The WAFL on 7 [and I assume the other state leagues] continuing with last years graphics package.
View attachment 1092490
Same for the SANFL so you are correct 👍They're pretty clean though so I'm not mad. Just glad to see the state leagues on the TV.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Prime have stuffed up the scorebug, making Port teal rather than black like their jumper.
It might actually be the “correct” graphic given channel 7’s default colour for the power is never worn

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Was messing around in Photoshop, and mocked this up.

Scoreboard Concept 1.png

Replaced the club logos with club nicknames (Easier for some people to instantly know who is playing. Also brought back the red clock for when there is 5 minutes left in a quarter.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Was messing around in Photoshop, and mocked this up.

View attachment 1093460

Replaced the club logos with club nicknames (Easier for some people to instantly know who is playing. Also brought back the red clock for when there is 5 minutes left in a quarter.
Not a massive fan of below and embossing. I would also switch to a sans serif font for the team names I think in this particular instance it would look more professional, just my opinion though (some serif can look pretty nice)

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
This is probably a good indication about all the default team colours that 7 will be using

View attachment 1093443

Yep, so there are really three teams that you would say don’t have their correct home jumper colour as the base - Port, Geelong and St Kilda.

I wonder if they even have an alternate colour for Port. Nobody else has teal, but then again their clash doesn’t have teal on it at all, so its not really representative of that. I think a better option for Port would be to do something similar to what they did for Adelaide. Have teal behind the logo, but black behind the name with teal text for home, silver with black text for clash.

For Geelong and St Kilda, they surely need to have dark and light versions. Imagine a St Kilda home game against Collingwood. White for both wouldn’t be ideal, and using black for Collingwood would be even worse. Same situation for Geelong but reversed. Using navy is fine against the likes of Brisbane or Hawthorn, but against a Carlton or Melbourne in all navy, Geelong’s really should be white.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, so there are really three teams that you would say don’t have their correct home jumper colour as the base - Port, Geelong and St Kilda.

I wonder if they even have an alternate colour for Port. Nobody else has teal, but then again their clash doesn’t have teal on it at all, so its not really representative of that. I think a better option for Port would be to do something similar to what they did for Adelaide. Have teal behind the logo, but black behind the name with teal text for home, silver with black text for clash.

For Geelong and St Kilda, they surely need to have dark and light versions. Imagine a St Kilda home game against Collingwood. White for both wouldn’t be ideal, and using black for Collingwood would be even worse. Same situation for Geelong but reversed. Using navy is fine against the likes of Brisbane or Hawthorn, but against a Carlton or Melbourne in all navy, Geelong’s really should be white.

Saints do have a dark version

Screenshot_20210404-081018.png

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

I don’t think having the top team base in white would make any sense, so Geelong would probably be navy whenever they are home. St Kilda is dark enough at home to deserve a black base. As for PA, I would have thought a black base with teal (aqua) text would be distinct enough.

This is probably a good indication about all the default team colours that 7 will be using

View attachment 1093443
Such a shame that Melbourne and Essendon can’t have red text to truly represent their club. It’s understandable, but annoying.

Back