The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
looks like 7 are not matching the Hawks jumper. This could be because it’s the indigenous jumper but surely it’s not difficult. So far 7 have done well with matching the jumpers and the score except with Port Adelaide.
Maybe they only had yellow for Hawthorn as they don’t wear white or brown anymore?

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
BB1953A6-5392-4122-8253-971922DAF3A0.jpeg
bit ugly

new0066

Team Captain
Jan 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Would look better with teal numbers IMO

I think 7 are trying to mainly have the colour of the team match the colour and numbers on the back of the players jumpers.

but finally they have the correct colours. Port was the only team that 7 were not matching the colours and jumpers. They always used Teal, even when port wore white

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Just noticed on Kayo that they are using the variant of the North Logo with the 'Kangaroos' text rather than North Melbourne. I Know that we have seen this logo come up before, but have we ever seen it used anyone officially, why would they have it?
Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.53.33 pm.png

Just noticed on Kayo that they are using the variant of the North Logo with the 'Kangaroos' text rather than North Melbourne. I Know that we have seen this logo come up before, but have we ever seen it used anyone officially, why would they have it?
View attachment 1175486
When you download club loos from Brandzone you get a package of logos. Usually it's just light/dark logos like Geelong.
1626050624581.png

Sometimes you get different stacking options too, here is Sydney's.
1626050660670.png

North have one of the more extensive packages which includes this version seen on Kayo.
1626050746305.png

So in short Kayo have basically done the right thing and downloaded the logos from the official source that is AFL Brandzone. You can kind of tell when places have done this because they don't use unofficial logos nor do they use transparent logos when they shouldn't be used. Now why Kayo have used this logo is a bit of a mystery. Brandzone has guidlines for how logos should be used, but I think common sense would suggest you'd use the more vertical logo in this instance given how much of the Kangaroos text is hidden like this.

While I'm on my Brandzone tangent I want to share some little tidbits from there I found. One that confuses me is why the Essendon logo for years has been brown lol.
1626051105335.png

Melbourne has a couple extra versions of their logo too which I've never actually seen being used, unlike North where I've at least seen that logo on Kayo but nowhere else.
1626051239103.png

Brisbane has some with just the Fitzroy lion and some zoomed in pictures of the paddle pop face, while Ports' package still has the 150 years stuff but those don't need pictures.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
When you download club loos from Brandzone you get a package of logos. Usually it's just light/dark logos like Geelong.
View attachment 1175730
Sometimes you get different stacking options too, here is Sydney's.
View attachment 1175731
North have one of the more extensive packages which includes this version seen on Kayo.
View attachment 1175732
So in short Kayo have basically done the right thing and downloaded the logos from the official source that is AFL Brandzone. You can kind of tell when places have done this because they don't use unofficial logos nor do they use transparent logos when they shouldn't be used. Now why Kayo have used this logo is a bit of a mystery. Brandzone has guidlines for how logos should be used, but I think common sense would suggest you'd use the more vertical logo in this instance given how much of the Kangaroos text is hidden like this.

While I'm on my Brandzone tangent I want to share some little tidbits from there I found. One that confuses me is why the Essendon logo for years has been brown lol.
View attachment 1175736
Melbourne has a couple extra versions of their logo too which I've never actually seen being used, unlike North where I've at least seen that logo on Kayo but nowhere else.
View attachment 1175738
Brisbane has some with just the Fitzroy lion and some zoomed in pictures of the paddle pop face, while Ports' package still has the 150 years stuff but those don't need pictures.
pretty cool, didn't know that website existed. looks like it's restricted access to club related personnel?

out of curiosity (and if you're able to share), what does the logo collection for the suns look like?

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 1175486

Probably used for our AFLW team? Noticed in most AFL official places we are referred to as 'Kangaroos'

looks like 7 are not matching the Hawks jumper. This could be because it’s the indigenous jumper but surely it’s not difficult. So far 7 have done well with matching the jumpers and the score except with Port Adelaide.
This has been driving me insane and my friends probably think I'm insane that I keep going on about it. Every damn teams score widget pretty much matches what they wear on the day and for some reason Port get a radioactive teal that probably burns into the screen of every television set in Australia.

This has been driving me insane and my friends probably think I'm insane that I keep going on about it. Every damn teams score widget pretty much matches what they wear on the day and for some reason Port get a radioactive teal that probably burns into the screen of every television set in Australia.

It was especially bizarre when we were wearing a silver, black and white Guernsey with no teal whatsoever. They finally fixed it on Thursday though, Port's was black. This weekend is a Channel 7 game I think, we should be in the silver Guernsey so will be interesting to see if it matches.

pretty cool, didn't know that website existed. looks like it's restricted access to club related personnel?

out of curiosity (and if you're able to share), what does the logo collection for the suns look like?
Clubs and sponsors and partners and the like, basically so that the right logos are in use at the right times. Unfortunately companies tend to keep using old logo. Here is what the SUNS have btw, pretty simple set. Surprised at no plain red version tbh.
1626233544262.png

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades, Clemson Tigers
Olympics coming up. I'm predicting something like what was shown on the torch ceremony last year.
1626650686485.png

SomeNorthFan

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades, Clemson Tigers
These graphics look straight out of the 90's and 2000s, also CMON AUSTRALIA

Back