Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
912A0EBF-B9D0-4103-87E7-FBEE1603996B.jpeg

Football scorebug. Very similar to the softball one, without the diamond obviously. I agree with the general sentiment in here that it’s simplicity is part of its charm.

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
36064367_10156555464499993_6024217710299185152_o.jpg

Quick question for the graphic pros here. Is anyone able to upload a transparent png file version of this scoreboard (even without the flags or text)?

I've been struggling to get my head around making something similar to this online with Pixlr Express, on how to do that gradient, but also see through, as per that version above.

nickroseville

Rookie
Aug 21, 2013
Sacramento, California
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
sacramento kings
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
View attachment 1187053

Quick question for the graphic pros here. Is anyone able to upload a transparent png file version of this scoreboard (even without the flags or text)?

I've been struggling to get my head around making something similar to this online with Pixlr Express, on how to do that gradient, but also see through, as per that version above.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
View attachment 1187053

The guy who runs Golden Grove's socials is a poster on here, it has been a while since I've seen him so I can't remember his name 🤦‍♂️

Lancelot6

Draftee
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the graphics have a really cool design I just think the colour scheme is the issue.
Everything just all seems kind of nuteral and blends in with everything. I think this also goes for the Tokyo 2020 signage in a lot of the arenas.
There isn’t anything about the colours that are going to make footage from this Olympics stand out in montages.

IMO they could have gone with a white with red and gold accents colour scheme or black with neon colours.
I saw an advertisement with giant hologram athletes in Tokyo and I think it would have been cool if they went for that aesthetic throughout.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep, that's the one.

And thanks Nickimus Rex for the jpg. Interested to hear from Storm20 how they kept the red solid, but had the gradual see-through effect on the blue.

@nickimis rex Ayo! Been vacant for the last few weeks as I welcomed my first little one into the world :)

So the answer you're looking for is that they are separate layers.
- Blue rectangle with a light to dark gradient and some opacity slightly turned down.
- Red rectangle layers are just sitting in front with 100% opacity.

Back