Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

7 have used gold on red in the past for the Brisbane score, weird to see them use white instead tonight. The contrast was never that bad
And i'm not so sure about the dull grey colour the use for Melbourne's numbers. Not sure why it isn't just white

And i'm not so sure about the dull grey colour the use for Melbourne's numbers. Not sure why it isn't just white
What?

Yesterday night was a preview of Channel 10's Socceroos coverage, looks like they're using the New AFC Asian Qualifiers graphics for those matches, might not see 10s actual graphics until the FFA Cup Begins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see them show it off in stunning 480p resolution as well
You've gotta keep in mind that many of the nations in the AFC aren't exactly HD-ready and developed, the package has to work whether you're in Moscow, Phnom Penh, Luzon, Tokyo or Damascus, among others.

You've gotta keep in mind that many of the nations in the AFC aren't exactly HD-ready and developed, the package has to work whether you're in Moscow, Phnom Penh, Luzon, Tokyo or Damascus, among others.

There was a feed only a couple of years ago from one of the less developed countries (can’t remember which) that was still in 4:3 aspect ratio. Seems weird and backward to us, but probably perfectly normal for them.

There was a feed only a couple of years ago from one of the less developed countries (can’t remember which) that was still in 4:3 aspect ratio. Seems weird and backward to us, but probably perfectly normal for them.
I think India do something like that in the cricket

CjOcZWsi.jpg

You can see that they have extra space with team logos outside the information. The BCCI logo also isn't in the left corner it's sort of floating.

I think India do something like that in the cricket

View attachment 1229499

You can see that they have extra space with team logos outside the information. The BCCI logo also isn't in the left corner it's sort of floating.
The broadcasters are HD (possibly UHD) capable but, like we had for many years after digital switchover, have to also cater for people who still have CRTs and the like. Don't forget that it was less than a decade ago our broadcasters were still running analog feeds.

The graphics for the Asian Qualifiers are AFC's graphics, not Ten's. We find out ten's graphics on 14 September in the FFA Cup match between Brisbane Roar and Peninsula Power, which will be on 10 Play, I believe. Should be something like their rugby graphic. Which honestly looks like a deodorant can.

The graphics for the Asian Qualifiers are AFC's graphics, not Ten's. We find out ten's graphics on 14 September in the FFA Cup match between Brisbane Roar and Peninsula Power, which will be on 10 Play, I believe. Should be something like their rugby graphic. Which honestly looks like a deodorant can.
Maybe not. I thought APL were producing the FFA Cup apart from the final. We might see it for the Matildas match against Ireland in late September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back