cricket intro.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 179
  • cricket scoreboard copy 1.jpg
    cricket scoreboard copy 1.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 288
  • cricket scoreboard copy 2.jpg
    cricket scoreboard copy 2.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 219
Nice, the only two I would change are england to blue and white and NZ to straight black and white, doesn't make sense to have only one team in three colours imo.
The reason why I haven't used white is because I want the box with the overs in it to be a certain colour, as the white looks very bland.

Andonis1997

11t28ag.png
Do you still have this template lying around your PC?

Hi everyone!

I have an Instagram account (afl_city, 7.6k strong) and I've made all the following graphics on my account with Photoshop CS6. I'm looking for feedback on what I can improve in all my graphics, more in particular my Full Time graphic.

Thanks guys :)

Attachments

• Fixture.jpg
    Fixture.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Pregame.png
    Pregame.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 180
  • FullTime.jpg
    FullTime.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Ladder.jpg
    Ladder.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 264
Hi everyone!

I have an Instagram account (afl_city, 7.6k strong) and I've made all the following graphics on my account with Photoshop CS6. I'm looking for feedback on what I can improve in all my graphics, more in particular my Full Time graphic.

Probably the only feedback I can give you is to use a light Bevel and Emboss on them and to change the picture for the Fixture to the inside of a ground (as focussed on the train tracks looks a bit odd.) Other than that, great work!

Hi everyone!

Has it won any awards? :p
Seriously though, I like that you have put your own spin on the Channel 10 graphics (there are a few carbon copies out there) but there is still some refinement that I would make:
  • The round number tab on the fixture and the ladder tab are different blues, is this done on purpose? would look better in the darker one imo.
  • Also on these images, I find the sunset image to be a bit distracting, I would desaturate it. Not all the way down but just so it isn't hitting me as hard.
  • The AFL city wordmark is fairly pixelated on the postgame image, either make a high-res version or even better, a vector.
  • Also, I'd watch your type on the pregame image, the m on the 'stadium' is pushing the edge. just take it down a point or two.

Batting and Bowling Full Scorecards

Attachments

• bowling card.jpg
    bowling card.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 168
  • batting card.jpg
    batting card.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 153

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit: Sorry didnt see the previous post

Gee, Channel 9's ODI score graphics look really quite ordinary.
The white stands out too much even though it isnt the main feature.
The test cricket one is sooooo much better

Attachments

• IMG_4136.jpg
    IMG_4136.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
You really have to wonder why they're still worrying about the 4:3 safe zone in 2016. All other sports scorebugs got past that years ago.
Channel 9 are terrestrial and it's a high volume event, so more likely to have people in remote areas, elderly, etc. using 4:3 TVs, plus pubs and other public places like RSLs who may be using those TV's. Don't know why everyone is so up in arms about safe zones over the air. YouTube and stuff sure, bugger it use the whole screen, but when we're talking these big FTA draws, why not keep it safe?

More white in the scoreboard for ODIsView attachment 316050
I actually love the graphics but hate how low the "OVERS" line is. Only gripe with this package.

You really have to wonder why they're still worrying about the 4:3 safe zone in 2016. All other sports scorebugs got past that years ago.

Is it possibly because it gets shown in other countries where 16:9 isn't necessarily the widespread standard? I reckon I've seen non-Australian cricket from around the world shown on Fox which always just uses the host broadcasters graphics and is often 4:3 safe. Might be a mandate from the ICC?

Channel 9 are terrestrial and it's a high volume event, so more likely to have people in remote areas, elderly, etc. using 4:3 TVs, plus pubs and other public places like RSLs who may be using those TV's. Don't know why everyone is so up in arms about safe zones over the air. YouTube and stuff sure, bugger it use the whole screen, but when we're talking these big FTA draws, why not keep it safe?

I actually love the graphics but hate how low the "OVERS" line is. Only gripe with this package.

Agree to an extent, but it didn't stop Seven from switching to 16:9 scorebugs in their footy coverage in 2013. Plus analog TV is dead ergo 4:3 TVs are dead (unless you have a set-top box for an old CRT tele and they can display letterbox 16:9 anyway)

With the new broadcasting rights for next season, will we see some updated scorebugs from Ch 7 and Fox Footy?

Channel 7's are badly needed.

Fox Footy's are 2 years old but definitely need a new bug.
Their font and graphics annoy me.

With the new broadcasting rights for next season, will we see some updated scorebugs from Ch 7 and Fox Footy?
I hope so in the case of 7, I'm rather a fan of Fox Footy's current package though. It's their ridiculous logo that needs work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back