XFactor1979

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2008
Lurkville
AFL Club
West Coast
I want to know what they are doing for the matches not involving Australia

ie Sri Lanka and India?

Im pretty sure Foxsports should get these matches, neutral matches are ratings poison on FTA! And given that theyve tightened up on the tv coverage of cricket to only involve exploits of the Australian national cricket team it should mean the neutral matches should be sold off to pay tv

The last tri series also involved India and SL about 6 years ago and the ratings for the non Australian matches were terrible and also the crowds were "friends and family". A principal reason why they only wanted five game ODI series face to face between Australia and the main touring team at the time

Also, why didnt NZ play some ODIs this summer? Why are Sri lanka the third team in the tri series anyway?

they're on GEM. on right now if you're looking for it.

probably would've been more profitable for nine to sell them off to fox. whether fox would buy them is another issue.

they're on GEM. on right now if you're looking for it.

probably would've been more profitable for nine to sell them off to fox.

^ that's what I was saying!

I would also love to hear Foxtel's commentators covering the neutral matches. If not the team from India/ Sri Lanka (pro India bias in Australia? HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!), but Flem, BJ, Blewy, Mark Waugh

I had a pleasure overload when Tom Moody and Brendan Julian was commentating an One Day Domestic cup match for foxsports, WA BIAS FTW!

Also, why didnt NZ play some ODIs this summer? Why are Sri lanka the third team in the tri series anyway?
the ICC didn't schedule ODI's for NZ for some reason

should have included NZ and had a four team series. like a mini southern hemisphere championship....

play everyone twice. 6 games. Aus 5 at home, NZ 5 at home. 1 neutral game each in NZ and Aus. top 2 in the finals - 1 at MCG, 1 at Auckland, 1 at SCG....

talking about context in other threads but i think a tournament like that has a bit more meaning if you played it each year.... or just have a tri nations like the rugby...??

Agree NZ should be the 3rd team.
Im glad they didn't put it on fox, cos now i get to get home from work on wednesdays and watch some crick. Any crick on FTA is good IMO. Perhaps not for their ratings and money but whatever, i get to watch cricket so im happy.
Does anyone know if it will be in HD cos its on GEM? odd if so because you think they would have the Aussie games in HD too if it is the case.

Agree NZ should be the 3rd team.
Im glad they didn't put it on fox, cos now i get to get home from work on wednesdays and watch some crick. Any crick on FTA is good IMO. Perhaps not for their ratings and money but whatever, i get to watch cricket so im happy.
Does anyone know if it will be in HD cos its on GEM? odd if so because you think they would have the Aussie games in HD too if it is the case.

Sure looks like HD right now. Hard to tell because 9 have a very loose interpretation of 'HD'

Probably because NZ have home series against the Zimbos and South Africans over the next couple of months.
For the last few years Australia have played NZ in a few ODI's as they play for the Chappell/Hadlee Trophy.

This ODI tri-series is mainly for the benefit of the Indian tv coverage and India v Sri Lanka games probably have more interest for the Indian fans than India v NZ.

I'd rather NZ were playing in this series though as they are always a very competitive ODI team.

Damn it, switched the (SD) TV on and though it must only be on FOX. Should've checked GEM on the HDTV :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not bloody live in Perth. Bloody 3-hour delay. While the rest of the country was getting live cricket we were treated to a 1970s Jerry Lewis film :(

*shakes fist*

Still not bloody live in Perth. Bloody 3-hour delay. While the rest of the country was getting live cricket we were treated to a 1970s Jerry Lewis film :(

*shakes fist*

You'd think if their only showing it on Gem they'd show it live, maybe they were just trying to get people to the ground?

Hopefully the other neutral matches will be shown live.

should have included NZ and had a four team series. like a mini southern hemisphere championship....

play everyone twice. 6 games. Aus 5 at home, NZ 5 at home. 1 neutral game each in NZ and Aus. top 2 in the finals - 1 at MCG, 1 at Auckland, 1 at SCG....

talking about context in other threads but i think a tournament like that has a bit more meaning if you played it each year.... or just have a tri nations like the rugby...??

You should probably double check where the equator is :p

They played the whole of this game on GEM (albeit delayed) yet on Friday for the Aus v SL in Perth, channel 9 in Perth is only showing it from 12-2.30, then it's normal programs from then on. We get repeats of 2.5 Men and Big Bang Theory on Friday night instead of the cricket.

This ODI tri-series is mainly for the benefit of the Indian tv coverage and India v Sri Lanka games probably have more interest for the Indian fans than India v NZ.

I'd rather NZ were playing in this series though as they are always a very competitive ODI team.

Sri Lanka are better at ODI's than New Zealand.

New Zealand aren't very good. That one fluke win at Hobart has seem to fool people into thinking they are.

Just saw the matches will be on GEM and pay tv

is it a slow movement to selling more matches to pay tv? I quite like the neutral games and especially this year there is a large contingent of indian and sri lankan population in australia thus ratings woukd be quite large

Just saw the matches will be on GEM and pay tv

is it a slow movement to selling more matches to pay tv? I quite like the neutral games and especially this year there is a large contingent of indian and sri lankan population in australia thus ratings woukd be quite large

I think they were saying that you can watch GEM on foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back